redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6778
well, has anyone notcied any? Im Dling it now, just thought Id ask, it loks like it's mostly a SF thing, but has the core BF2 chagned any?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6779|NRW,Germany
Didn´t play the patched version yet but in the ea.co.uk Forums I read that the M95 crosshair was made a little thinner.
BlackJackBob
+2|6759|Canada
they've improved on the T.V missile in heli's...you can see the names of people.
at least now you're not nailing friendly choppers.
Mr_Spork
+2|6746

BlackJackBob wrote:

they've improved on the T.V missile in heli's...you can see the names of people.
...and also the TV missile screen has a 'watery' effect now, it's weird and makes me go cross-eyed
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6778
the SF guys can bring thir unlocks into Bf2 now, which is fine, cause the only one I have seen sucks, but the flash bang is gay as hell, reminds of my CS days.

Last edited by redfoxster (2005-11-23 14:40:15)

Hyper_Dude
+5|6828|United Knigdom
M95 Crosshair's are thinner, and has made it alot easier for me at elast to snipe with it.

Sniping in general does seem a lot more accurate, at least if I don't get the kill, it's saying I have a kill assist rather than nothing. Shows I'm finally hitting them.

In general, accuracy seems to be up and down. You seem to get hit a lot easier, and it's alot harder to hit others. Example, PKM-prone vs. DAO-standing at 80m to 100m. DAO wins, PKM doesn't seem to even get the indicator on the crosshairs he's made contact.
CackNBallz
+45|6748|Toronto, Canada
I've been using the PKM since two weeks ago, and after using the patch it seems like I am hitting more with it. Maybe it's just me.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6812
They fixed the progess bar in BFHQ...
Maj.Do
+85|6757|good old CA
the f2000 is a great unlock for bf2
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6767|Oregon, USA
dang i want to get to a formiddable computer to play bf2...accursed laptop!
PsycoCheerio
+2|6742|Marysville, Washington
The big thing was allowing the SF guns into the core BF2 maps.  I picked up a F2000 earlier and it is a beautiful gun especially since it comes witha  flashbang, which is helpful for making an entire team pissed at you.

First time i got flashed i was confused...whole screen goes white and you die..kinda different from what i was used to.
GTKtino
+0|6775
I kinda noticed that helos are getting way easier to shoot down with anything, but mostly heatseekers,
Heretic
+3|6782
EA has done more damage than good with this patch. Guess I'm the only one that suffers from this problem. I have a 5700 which means I just make the requirments for BF2.

Now this new patch has really hurt my framerate. The game now forces some messed up textures that give surfaces like concrete a shinny look. No way to stop it from staying on. I was running a respectible 1024x768 with a few settings on high. This patch now gives me less than 30 fps on 800x600 with everything on low when in a place like the construction site on Sharq Penn.

Thats a real nice way of EA and nvidia telling some of us that we need to upgrade to continue to play this game while staying competitive.( I really hate corporate America ) Besides that little load of B.S the new patch failed to fix the AA. Still leaves your field of vision and goes for friendlies. Everything else seems very good. The status bar works again. Lol

So, seems like good news to anyone with a good video card.

Last edited by Heretic (2005-11-23 22:30:37)

GTKtino
+0|6775
thats life , newer stuff, newer upgrades, better stuff, well yea Iam defenetly upgrading to a new video card, in the first place if you bought the game , you should of know it was going to need some attention to the hardware.
j00han
+0|6814|netherlands
if seen more off the red name tag glitch the last 24 hours then ever before :S
i shot a sniper and then a teammate revived him still didn't get causse i shot him again
causse it diddn't say j00han[teamkilled]xxx but j00han[M95]xxx and got a kill and minus points very very weird it was
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6793|England

Mr_Spork wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

...and also the TV missile screen has a 'watery' effect now, it's weird and makes me go cross-eyed
Its meant to be heat haze I think. The jets have it as well for the laser guided missiles.
Dassador
+0|6748|Europe => Czech Republic
How is it actualy with the unlocks from SF? Do you have any unlock points when you start playing the SF or do you have to get promoted to get a new one?
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6843|Munich, Germany

Dassador wrote:

How is it actualy with the unlocks from SF? Do you have any unlock points when you start playing the SF or do you have to get promoted to get a new one?
i read someone state that after his first round on SF he got several unlocks additional to his GS. so it seems you get as many unlocks again as you already have.

but dont count on it since im not sure and im still about 2 hours away from installing it
Dassador
+0|6748|Europe => Czech Republic
ye I read it too on one of these forums, so I'm just hoping it is gonna be that way, cuz I dont want to get promoted to get a gun for Sf. Can't wait till I get the SF, It should be here tomorrow
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6779|NRW,Germany
Ok, after playing a while I have to say that the M95 crosshair was not changed.

And the red name bug became even worse. Yesterday I had 4 people with red name tags in my team (and if I hadn´t played sniper I propably wouldn´t have shot them...)
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6787|The Hague, Holland

Tigg@lot wrote:

And the red name bug became even worse. Yesterday I had 4 people with red name tags in my team (and if I hadn´t played sniper I propably wouldn´t have shot them...)
Hm yes they did change, they are thinner. It happend with the new patch.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6779|NRW,Germany

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Tigg@lot wrote:

Hm yes they did change, they are thinner. It happend with the new patch.
nope, they didn´t. I compared a screenshot from before the patch with one after patching and the lines are just as thick as before.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6758
I really don't like the allowing of Expansion unlocks into regular BF2 servers. This has to be the first game to have done something like that, and I frankly don't like it.
Speelbal
+146|6757|Netherlands
It gives SF players an unfair advantage doesnt it? More reason to buy Special Forces. Nice trick EA.

Last edited by Speelbal (2005-11-24 13:01:10)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6748|Malaga, España
LoL why not? if u kill that bastard with SF u can steal his kit and probally you will have the SF weapon so....then just think about it : ''Hmmmm the bastard i killed payed 29dollars - 25 euros for this weapon i kill that dumb bastard and i get his weapon at no costs lol!''

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard