ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6638|Olympus Mons, Mars

k30dxedle wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Yes..you will...

You will get re-armed/repaired a good 20 feet above the pad.
Even if you can, Possibly they would then get a ground defense and the others could shoot with guns when it throws flares.
Dude.

FIND SOME NEW GODDAMNED TEAMMATES.
I can deal with my teammates, especially as a commander. Well I wouldn't want to exit a server anyway.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wow this is ...not good...

A mix of common sense, weird infeasible tactics, and bad advice...
QFT

U might might to spend more than 11 combat hours in a helo b4 u give hints.

Flying high alt.=bad idea  jet whores and anyone with a .50 cal can easily take u down. Not to mention Stinger/IGLA turrents have a longer range than u think.

never command in a helo, attack choppers are very deadly when used fully

never hover for too long, enemy gunners LOVE to tv choppers.

flying as Squad leader is a good idea anyway IMO. not exactly to call supply drops for yourself but for teammates on the ground. I do it all the time for friendly armor i see is damaged. + it will let members spawn on u to be gunner.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
[CF]Snowytheman
+2|6642|California
"If you're not a good pilot fly really high" ??

What the hell does that do? So you're up really high hovering around, that's great advice! You just took a valuable asset away from the rest of your team so you can play around in the stratosphere...

BTW jets WILL attack you up high...

If you want to LEARN how to fly...play single player for a while...you learn in a safe and unmolested environment ( your computer won't call you a NOOB and snipe you to get you out of the pilot seat while you are learning ).

ALSO....don't write a guide to something if you only have 11hrs doing it. I wrote a helo guide for 1.2 after I had my Vet Helo.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI
what i dont get is why does your teammates hate you so much that when you go to repair (this is a good few minuets after you get the chopper so that means there just sitting their waiting) they will try and force teamkills and try and shoot you down with the stinger.  Who the hell are you playingwith
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

Cbass wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wow this is ...not good...

A mix of common sense, weird infeasible tactics, and bad advice...
QFT

U might might to spend more than 11 combat hours in a helo b4 u give hints.

Flying high alt.=bad idea  jet whores and anyone with a .50 cal can easily take u down. Not to mention Stinger/IGLA turrents have a longer range than u think.

never command in a helo, attack choppers are very deadly when used fully

never hover for too long, enemy gunners LOVE to tv choppers.

flying as Squad leader is a good idea anyway IMO. not exactly to call supply drops for yourself but for teammates on the ground. I do it all the time for friendly armor i see is damaged. + it will let members spawn on u to be gunner.
2. Not for me! And they don't go that high.
3. The choppers can't find you and usually go on the low side.
4. The TV-missile has a limit. The Camera Feed needs to be large. It's the range limit. So it will hopefully not reach you.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

[CF]Snowytheman wrote:

What the hell does that do? So you're up really high hovering around, that's great advice! You just took a valuable asset away from the rest of your team so you can play around in the stratosphere...

If you want to LEARN how to fly...play single player for a while...you learn in a safe and unmolested environment ( your computer won't call you a NOOB and snipe you to get you out of the pilot seat while you are learning ).

ALSO....don't write a guide to something if you only have 11hrs doing it. I wrote a helo guide for 1.2 after I had my Vet Helo.
Not for me! READ THE REST! ARE YOU THAT MUCH OF A NOOB? I SAID TO HOVER HIGH FOR A REASON!
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

BolvisOculus wrote:

what i dont get is why does your teammates hate you so much that when you go to repair (this is a good few minuets after you get the chopper so that means there just sitting their waiting) they will try and force teamkills and try and shoot you down with the stinger.  Who the hell are you playingwith
Its just in case dude.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
ExtremeSpy, have u ever flown a chopper on Ghost Town? Those AA stations have one hell of a range. same with all maps. Ive been shot town at spetz base by the SAS uncap's Stinger turrent. that is a long ways. Even if u managed to fly high enough to be out of range, u'd be too high to even see the battlefield.

"3. The choppers can't find you and usually go on the low side." choppers may not see u but every jet on the map WILL.

"4. The TV-missile has a limit. The Camera Feed needs to be large. It's the range limit. So it will hopefully not reach you."    a good gunner knows the range limit of his tv missle, and usually won't fire until the enemy is in range. it's not a matter of range, it's how good is your pilot to be able to avoid the incoming tv.
[CF]Snowytheman
+2|6642|California

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

[CF]Snowytheman wrote:

Not for me! READ THE REST! ARE YOU THAT MUCH OF A NOOB? I SAID TO HOVER HIGH FOR A REASON!
Yep...you caught me...I'm a noob...

12 year olds...what are you gonna do?

rawls wrote:

How can none of you guys get the joke. Hes like that guy from the seventies, a comedian. What was his name? Oh never mind.

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

No, Like this:
You'll turn around, then people jump, and just before they land on ground the tail of the helicopter hits the guy, which causes a tk. Its like  the person you TK-ed was a golf ball and the helicopter was the club
I liked that, that was good shit. A golf ball. LOL
I believe you are refering to Andy Kaufman (aka Latka Gravas on the show Taxi, aka Tony Clifton). You could be right....he does show the naivete of Latka and the beligerent know-it-allness of Tony, however, I just don't get the sense of that kind of intelligence from his posts. Also, his stats leave a lot to be desired...
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

Cbass wrote:

ExtremeSpy, have u ever flown a chopper on Ghost Town? Those AA stations have one hell of a range. same with all maps. Ive been shot town at spetz base by the SAS uncap's Stinger turrent. that is a long ways. Even if u managed to fly high enough to be out of range, u'd be too high to even see the battlefield.

"3. The choppers can't find you and usually go on the low side." choppers may not see u but every jet on the map WILL.

"4. The TV-missile has a limit. The Camera Feed needs to be large. It's the range limit. So it will hopefully not reach you."    a good gunner knows the range limit of his tv missle, and usually won't fire until the enemy is in range. it's not a matter of range, it's how good is your pilot to be able to avoid the incoming tv.
Wow, not so fast, every server I go they dont go that high, because they'd want to bomb, and if you release all the keys it'll fall down. Besides, even if the helicopter faces your direction, they still can't see you.
']['error
Banned
+630|6644|The Netherlands
nice try, but it's not an excellent or handy guide...i've seen better
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6559|The real world
I like this pie, it is cherry
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
Snowytheman:
Ok, If you wanna see my skills, go ahead. I don't care. Even if I was a 12 year old I wouldn't be that stupid of BF2.

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-07-27 09:33:14)

churnedD:
Banned
+1|6484
Make this a featured post!!!

oneone

Last edited by churnedD: (2006-07-27 09:33:08)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
ok? maybe im a little slow on the uptake, but what do u mean "release all keys" what does that do?

anyway like i said, flying so high your not going to see anything on the battlefield. whats the point of that? true jets don't fly that high ALL the time but their HUD can still pick u up if it passes over u. your not totally invisable up there.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6533|Denmizzark!!
I still cant find my dog..
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6547
You know... maybe your teammates wouldn't try to tk you when you go to reload if you weren't commanding while flying the helo.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

Cbass wrote:

ok? maybe im a little slow on the uptake, but what do u mean "release all keys" what does that do?

anyway like i said, flying so high your not going to see anything on the battlefield. whats the point of that? true jets don't fly that high ALL the time but their HUD can still pick u up if it passes over u. your not totally invisable up there.
You might not see the map but take a look at the mini-map!
Releasing all keys cause helicopter to be completely still.
137twozerosniper
+57|6565|UK
omfg guys he has tried
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6547

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

you mean hover? No it doesn't.

You start losing altitude. If I were you, I'd really take a look at Slicknic's guide before posting more stuff here. He covers tactics and strategies that make your helo useful and not a waste.

get some more experience under your belt, then go and revise your guide.

Last edited by dontfeedthenerd (2006-07-27 09:49:46)

ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

You start losing altitude. If I were you, I'd really take a look at Slicknic's guide before posting more stuff here. He covers tactics and strategies that make your helo useful and not a waste.

At least, it slightly goes down. I have tried and it worked.

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-07-27 09:52:06)

dontfeedthenerd
+38|6547

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

At least, it slightly goes down. I have tried and it worked.
Ok, so what is the purpose of an ATTACK helicopter?

An attack helo is arguably one of the best, most versatile pieces of equipment in this game. With a good gunner and pilot it can take armor, infantry, other helos and the occasional stupid jet that flies straight at you without mg'ing, down.

The TV missile has a range of 450 m, it's guidable and incredibly accurate with the right personel using it.

Now, what the hell are you doing in a chopper, hovering really really high and sitting still? There be killing to be done damnit.

Last edited by dontfeedthenerd (2006-07-27 09:56:23)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

ur right,

Releasing all keys just gives u no control, unless your perfactly lined up pitch/yaw/straff it's doing to drift either way. hovering takes practice and keeping your hands on the controls. Keep an eye on the hover indicator and it will help.
churnedD:
Banned
+1|6484
Ok lol guys he's just trying to make a contribution, and he gave some bad advice. Why not have a sense of humour about it rather then flaming like dicks?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
were not flaming (anymore) just giving better advise to an eager new pilot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard