=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6850
I play BF2 with EVERYTHING on high including 4x AA. and I have my resolution at 1024x768. Eeek it looks great

my specs:
A64 3200+
6600GT
2gigs of G.Skill ram with heat spreaders.( this is my addition that made the settings possible)
80gb Seagate Barracuda (SATA)

Anyways yeah I never thought I'd be able ot have everything on high with a 6600GT. ^_^

anyways. Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been here.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6788|AUS, Canberra
bout time you were back i was running out of people to sledge!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6850

the_heart_attack wrote:

bout time you were back i was running out of people to sledge!
lol! I haven't played in a while. yesterday was my first day back.. I still haven't lost my helo skills though
Snakestyles
+17|6754|South Africa
What fps do you get

* open tilde and type renderer.drawfps 1
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6850

Snakestyles wrote:

What fps do you get

it reads "50.2/22.3" most of the time.. but it goes up from there... and sometimes it'll go down slightly.
I don't know much about FPS and what is good... wanna enlighten me on everything having to do with FPS? and what it does when you have a good one versus a bad one and what is good and what is bad?
divided
Clear!
+3|6790
Yeah, I have a 7800 GT and a ram upgrade made it possible to run everything on high, including the highest anti-aliasing setting.
Snakestyles
+17|6754|South Africa

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Snakestyles wrote:

What fps do you get

it reads "50.2/22.3" most of the time.. but it goes up from there... and sometimes it'll go down slightly.
I don't know much about FPS and what is good... wanna enlighten me on everything having to do with FPS? and what it does when you have a good one versus a bad one and what is good and what is bad?
Heya bud ill try my best but if get it wrong feel free (any of you) to correct me. First up the more FPS you get the better. Right now im guessing you get between 50fps and 100fps....check it out when u fly you should get more,when your on a urban server in the heat of battle with arty dropping and lots of players on your screen you should get a drop. The ideal is to have a constant FPS that does not spike too high or too low. The thing is when it drops from say 80 FPS to 50 FPS you are going to miss things that are on your screen.Most of my FPS experience comes from playing games like HL CS NS DOD FarCry and Joint ops. The way i see it anything from 50 FPS up is great in any of these games including BF2 of course 100FPS is the ideal but i think you would need to run dual 7800's or something like that.

Rember FPS = Frames per second and the more you get the more you kill.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6752|Houston, TX
you can make a profile for BF2 on you advanced vid card settings. I have my AA at x8s and vsync on. There's alot of other stuff in there to play with but, not all seems to be compatible with the game. Some of the options make the game lock up while loading for me.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

Snakestyles wrote:

check it out when u fly you should get more,when your on a urban server in the heat of battle with arty dropping and lots of players on your screen you should get a drop.
when you fly you get significant drops as well, you'll never get lower FPS in the air. being at high elevation, everything with a close enough LOD has to be rendered and each and every thing moving will slow it down. Your FOV is a lot larger. If you wanna get the lowest, go lie in a ditch at the edge of the map. In a vodnik staring at the seat across from you.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6850

Snakestyles wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Snakestyles wrote:

What fps do you get

Heya bud ill try my best but if get it wrong feel free (any of you) to correct me. First up the more FPS you get the better. Right now im guessing you get between 50fps and 100fps....check it out when u fly you should get more,when your on a urban server in the heat of battle with arty dropping and lots of players on your screen you should get a drop. The ideal is to have a constant FPS that does not spike too high or too low. The thing is when it drops from say 80 FPS to 50 FPS you are going to miss things that are on your screen.Most of my FPS experience comes from playing games like HL CS NS DOD FarCry and Joint ops. The way i see it anything from 50 FPS up is great in any of these games including BF2 of course 100FPS is the ideal but i think you would need to run dual 7800's or something like that.

Rember FPS = Frames per second and the more you get the more you kill.
What do you mean "you may miss some things".
Do you mean like, say I'm running in a straightline and a guy runs around the corner to my right. With a high FPS I'd be able to see his movement easier and faster than I would with a low FPS?
oberst_enzian
+234|6760|melb.au

Coolbeano wrote:

If you wanna get the lowest, go lie in a ditch at the edge of the map. In a vodnik staring at the seat across from you.
lol! best suggestion for FPS concerns yet.
Boogie
+1|6763
for a frame of refrence, your eyes can only do 60fps.  Your TV most likely is 60fps.  but yeah 100fps is "ideal" for most FPS.
Cronjob
+1|6755|Broomfield, Colorado
I play with everything on high, but I can't manage to change the resolution, so I'm stuck at 1024x768. Things usually look/run better in the LCD's native resolution (which in my case is 2560x1600). Every time I try to set it to something non-default (via the command line, for example), either it doesn't load the game at all or it loads and bombs out before it gets to the login screen or just before it actually joins a server.

I can't do 1280x1024, 1280x900, 1920x1600, 2560x1600... nothing. Wish I could fix that.

By the way, here's a good professional commentary I read awhile back on persisistance of vision.

Don't forget that the response time of your LCD monitor plays a heavy effect on your limitations, too. I think most decent LCDs have a rate of 16ms or 8ms right now.
Yellow 13
+2|6751|Plano Texas
I have a Shit sandwiche that runs bf2 in low-medium graphics.

Its still fun
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

Yellow 13, did you feel so happy when artillery/grenades started leavingsmoke trails and blackhawk guns weren't long tubes of black anymore?

I know I was
Yellow 13
+2|6751|Plano Texas
They still long toobs of black and it looks silly
CUZ ME COMPUTRE SUCKS
Green-Lynx
+1|6761|Scotland!!!
wats ur system specs
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

Boogie wrote:

for a frame of refrence, your eyes can only do 60fps.  Your TV most likely is 60fps.  but yeah 100fps is "ideal" for most FPS.
http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_c … ns_see.htm

Read the whole thing... slackers.
Mr_Spork
+2|6758
Since I would never be able to play BF2 smoothly with the highest settings, would someone with uber-frag-boxes post a HQ screenshot pretty please

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard