CaffeineJunkie
+0|6842|CT, USA
I'm just trying to point out why this topic has flown so far off course.. because of phrases like that..
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
ok, i dp not post my name, age, or anything like that. I am here tro get HELP, if you do not like it, then go to another post!!

and yes trigger, I love my title....It just seemed to pop up in my head one day....

Last edited by atomicredhead (2005-08-19 11:46:41)

BudRell
+2|6842|Home

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

BudRell wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Well seeing as how the games' target audience was mostly men...
DISAGREED ! Strongly ! Lol...not MEN....mostly for BOYS ! (or male...)
Same difference. Both have penises.
LOLZ...DISAGREED again

Boys have willy and men have penis.... :-O

P.S. YeahYeah....this penis-topic should probably be on some other site...
BudRell
+2|6842|Home

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Why are you analyzing peoples posts? That's as bad as saying "OMG A GRL!!  LOL NO WY!" or "LETS CYBR"
LOOOL .... Hahahahahahahahahhahha...points given !
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6835|USA! USA! USA!
Nobody has really explained to me the concept of "girl" yet.  I'm trying to get help too, but the police keep sending me to the shrink...  Did the idea come to you around "2005-08-18 06:41:20"?
mr_bad_idea
Dead Man Walkin
+1|6831|Albuquerque, NM
Uhhm....so kinda back on topic....Just practice like hell in single player for a while and eventually it will click.  Or at least that's how it happened to me anyway.  Now that I got the feel for the choppers and i can do bombing runs with the attack chopper all I gotta do is hone my skills.  As for the jets, I suggest using the keyboard exclusively if like me you are too cheap to go buy a joystick, and again - practice makes perfect.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6835|USA! USA! USA!
I've been practicing flying helicopters in single player and I still suck.  I guess I'm destined to being a co-pilot.  I don't mind though.  I can fly jets pretty OK, but I'm using a joystick.  If you can't do it with a joystick your destined to be a leg.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
What about the keyboard that you can buy for BF2? Has anyone tried that? I was thinking about buying one, but I do not know how well they work. Does anyone know about the prices too?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6852|-
I believe the ZBoard costs $49.99, and the BF2 key assignment is $19.99.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
How accurate is it? I mean, is it any good, and is it worth the money?
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6835|USA! USA! USA!

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I believe the ZBoard costs $49.99, and the BF2 key assignment is $19.99.
You nailed it.  I got mine with a rebate though.  The BF2 keyset was basically free after mail in rebate.  Check their page to see if they have any specials running.   It won't help you fly though.  The only thing it really does for you is make it easier to remember where the keys are.  If you play enough then you know where they are anyway.  One cool thing is jump is the same as parachut so I can just double tap when I jump off a building.  Oh ya, crouch is moved over to the left side where it belongs.
Miakei
+1|6828|Los Angeles, CA
But, you're forgetting the grand-poombah of flightstick/throttle combinations...

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x45.htm

the X45, beautiful, functional, it's like a perfectly moulded piece of whoopass in a fun digital format.
In every game I've used it, the throttle, pitch, yaw and roll....works beautifully. Good dead zone, the stick is pretty stiff on response, so you don't drift around everywhere. It seems like the superior flightstick all around.
Now, some might mention the X52

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm

it's pretty, and shiny *geeks and nerds are attracted to shiny blinky objects*, but the fact that the flightstick is now twisty, versus the x45s throttle integrated yaw controls. But it is digital, and so customizable, you can probably link it up to control your homes lighting, A/C, TV and garage door all at once.

*ok, I exaggerate, no one can really control a garage door, I mean, any semblance of control is merely a illusion put there by the man to slowly subvert all independant thought and convert us all into mindless zombies of corporate america...but if they keep making the fun games...well, I don't use my brain that much anyway*
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
Once again, thanks to all of you for your help!! I almost thought that I wouldn't be able to get my flight ribbions! With all of your help, I am getting better and better! I will keep you posted on how I am doing, and maybe  will have my sig up soon!!

Thanks again!!
Atomicredhead
aka
Laura
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6852|-

atomicredhead wrote:

and maybe  will have my sig up soon!!
You mean this one?

https://bf2s.com/player/45400175/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45400175/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45400175/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45400175/awards.jpg
BudRell
+2|6842|Home
Damn flying machines...well, I bought a stick (logi extreme 3D..) and

Hard as hell !
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6828|St. Louis, MO
I prefer mouse and keyboard for helos.Also try to stay low in helos,map of the earth flyin.gives em less time to react and you blend in with the background more.
Unless your ingaged with antother chopper.In that case you want to stay above them.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2005-08-23 00:20:10)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6835|USA! USA! USA!
I want the one with shiny lights.  Any product with an X in the title has to be woth the money.  Actually, I just think it would be cool if my force feedback worked...

Edit: According to Nextag.com the X52 is only about ten bucks more right now than the X45 anyway.  So if your trying to decide between the two...

Last edited by Krauser98 (2005-08-23 00:23:56)

Ash_Buckley
+0|6841
I haven't used Saitek much, but I can say stay as far away from the Logitech Extreme 3d Force Feed as possible, I broke 3 within 3 months, the same chips kept blowing out.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
How in the hell did you get MY sig up? As you can tell, I am not so sure how to do that at all.......
Ash_Buckley
+0|6841
Under your preferences there is and option for Signature.

Code:

Use BBcode tags
[img][/img] for images
[b][/b] bold text or [i] for italics
[font][/font] font 
[font color=$][/font] font with color where $ is the color either red, blue, etc or hex rgb values can be used #FFFFFF #000000
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
ok....sorry....brainless here, but how do i get to my preferences?

nm i found them!!

Last edited by atomicredhead (2005-08-23 08:11:16)

VazkoraGFL
+0|6852|San Francisco, California
I only use a Keyboard and I do concider myself a great pilot (the name I use is VazkoraGFL if you want to see some stats). Anyways, when you say "I can't fly" do you mean you can't get the Aircraft off the Ground without blowing up because your Helicopter rolled into a Tree? Or do you mean you just can't compete with other Pilots? I just want to know what I need to help you with.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6852|-

atomicredhead wrote:

How in the hell did you get MY sig up? As you can tell, I am not so sure how to do that at all.......
I'm a mod.

Duh
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6829|Germany
lol.. am i the only one who could fly helicopters in BF/BF:DC, BFV, BF2 right from the start?

it's somehow easy to me.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6841|Claremont, NC
yeah, i couldn't get off of the ground w/out hitting a tree or hill......it was embarassing!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard