Poll

Who would you prefer to be the dominant superpower in the world?

China6%6% - 25
U.s.a.38%38% - 145
India1%1% - 4
Russia2%2% - 9
Brazil/Latin American Coalition1%1% - 6
E.u.23%23% - 88
Other11%11% - 43
Go Fuck Yourself13%13% - 52
Total: 372
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
So now you're going to kill an entire nation?  I know the term "genocidal maniac" is a little overused, but....................
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6608|Scarborough Yorkshire England
ME = free bf2 for all and no more crappy Patches

Then if countries want to fight they can do it on the bf2 battlefield

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-07-08 09:42:12)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
it must burn them scumbags to Read how many people prefer the U.S.A. Why isn't Australia up there? They have those cool hats and help the Chinese read and stuff! or so I am told.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
Horseman, how many of those voters do you think were American?  That's right, fuckwit.

And Australia isn't up their because we are neither big or powerful on the world stage.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bubbalo wrote:

Horseman, how many of those voters do you think were American?  That's right, fuckwit.

And Australia isn't up their because we are neither big or powerful on the world stage.
Bubbalo, you can't deny we have cool hats though. We are not big or powerful, but we do have big, powerful friends.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
Yeah, we manage to avoid pissing anybody off.  Even the Indonesians talk to us!
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
Look who answers to " scumbag "
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6566|Southeastern USA
One of my old customers was the Savannah Waste Water Treatment plant providing gas for their incinerators, 4,000,000 gallons of sewage holding tanks, with various pipes on the side color coded and labelled. Yellow was gas (propane), light blue was water in, green was feed, and lastly was one labelled "scum", it's color code was brown, use your imagination. I have since found our that "scum bag" is technically an enema bag. More useless information from kr@cker.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

Horseman 77 wrote:

Look who answers to " scumbag "
I responded to a post in which you referred to someone as scumbag.  Of course, given the reference, your intent was pretty clear.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
Saddam pwned

you may not get it if you don't ytmnd, +1 me if you've ever been on a shoe raid and I'll +1 you back, I use the name "teenypeeny" when I've been on, but only did it twice

edit, I want to buy a shot for the dude getting the mustache ride

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-08 11:25:56)

SenatorMendoza
+7|6505
Anyone who said anything other than "go fuck yourself" is such an unbelievable retard.

Superpower, great idea, i bet they'll let you spend LOADS of time playing computer games, or maybe they'll just stick you down in the coal mines.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
The question wasn't "Would you like a world superpower" but "Which superpower would you prefer".  Who's the retard now?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
me
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Who ever it is they will be hated for doing too much or too little.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
cosmichippo
+5|6503|New Brunswick, Canada

CameronPoe wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

What idiots voted China, do you want to live in poverty not be able to surf the web with freedom, and not be able to vote? And I forgot, what girl likes small Asian dicks? lol
At least China aren't imperialistic and tend to leave everyone else the fuck alone...

CameronPoe wrote:

I think you'll find China haven't done ANYTHING in recent history (~30/40 years at least) to suggest that they have imperialistic deisgns on any of the countries you mention. In fact - weren't China on the RECEIVING end of imperialism in WWII
Is that right ..well I will direct you too these links. China may not be Imperialistic atm, don't hold your breath too much longer on that. China is a communist, people oppressing state, period. And when the opportune time sheds light...don't kid yourself, it will happen faster than we could ever imagine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1425570.stm
http://www.hrw.org/reports/1994/china1/china_948.htm

BigmacK192 wrote:

U.S.A. FTW!!!!!!!!

America Rocks.
America rocks..ya , O.K., with all do respect (so don't -1 me) I wish you Americans would wake up..You are being slowly, yet progressively, molded and controlled by a Dictatorship and don't even realize it. Hell, your own President even says so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ByAsmfyVfk
He's pushing for the Patriot act 2 ..do you know what that means?? In case you don't, I don't want to take up too much space on this post so, here, indulge my friend.

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articl … 50a758.txt

And I won't even get into your Presidents ties with what you have coined as "The Tali ban" and Osama Bin Laden. Or how his grandfather, Prescott Bush, former US Senator, helped place Saddam Hussein in power, and even more "shady", how he helped Hitler build his empire.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,1 … 40,00.html

Enough said about that. I could go on forever.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

ImmortalTechnique wrote:

I think the Aussies should rule.... No worries m8, just put anothe shrimp on the barbi....

Cheers m8s
That is very "un Australian", if that were ever actually said there they would not say "shrimp" but "prawn", since the word shrimp is not used in Australia.

I doubt that phrase has ever been seriously used inside Australia and it was just a westernized movie selling gimmick, that has no authenticity.
Kudos to that...way to call em out and on that note...

doc. josh wrote:

i voted go fuck our self because canada will be the next super power.. rofl (that will nevrr happen(iam canaidan so dont -1 me))

Seraphic wrote:

My vote is that we give power of the world to Canada.  Seriously, who really hates Canada?  They'd just walk over to whatever country is pissed off and be like "seriously, we're Canada eh?" and then smack the pissed off person across the face with a beaver and everything would be OK.
This makes us look like No-Brain hillbillies...

Kirokura wrote:

None. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Don't pass this off as yours man...it is a very famous quote and demands respect.

Lord Acton's epic warning that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Historian Lord Acton (1834-1902) issued epic warnings that political power is the most serious threat to liberty.

Born in Naples, he was educated in England, Scotland, France and Germany, developing an extraordinary knowledge of European political history.

While he never wrote the history of liberty he dreamed about, his essays and letters abound with memorable insights. For instance: "Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest political end...liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and provokes no sincere opposition...The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to to govern.   Every class is unfit to govern...Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

if someone says bush...im gonna shoot them
I like you..

Spumantiii wrote:

maybe I'm being idealistic but I don't believe in superpowers, it can only lead to corruption
edit: kirokura already beat me to this
Very well said.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

... but also to our own endeavours in learning from our mistakes and ensuring that they don't come to pass again.
That is very true, in no way did I mean to imply or underestimate by and large the tremendous strides that Europe has made and the ingenuity of its peoples.
With all do respect, Britain is taking no such positive strides.. The London Bombings were not done by some radical Muslim group, or the taliban, or Al-CIA-da.
Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard official, working at one time with the Anti Terrorist Branch.

Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life.

The transcript is as follows.

POWER: At half past nine this morning we were actually running an exercise for a company of over a thousand people in London based on simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing up right now.

HOST: To get this quite straight, you were running an exercise to see how you would cope with this and it happened while you were running the exercise?

POWER: Precisely, and it was about half past nine this morning, we planned this for a company and for obvious reasons I don't want to reveal their name but they're listening and they'll know it. And we had a room full of crisis managers for the first time they'd met and so within five minutes we made a pretty rapid decision that this is the real one and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from slow time to quick time thinking and so on.

I voted "Go Fuck Yourself" for obvious reasons.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX
Go Fuck Yourself    13%    13% - 47 LOL
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

The 'Go Fuck Yourself' option I leave at the end of nearly all my polls is quite ingenius. It draws retards and childish people away from the poll and also sometimes draws those who I'm at odds with from voting for the option I'd prefer to see not doing well. Well my secret is out now.
Wreckognize
+294|6502
Jamaica.

In the words of Robin Williams -
"Jamaica would never make an atomic bomb.  They might make an atomic bong.  When an atomic bomb goes off, there's devastation and radiation.  But when the atomic bong goes off there's celebration!"
SenatorMendoza
+7|6505

CameronPoe wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

The 'Go Fuck Yourself' option I leave at the end of nearly all my polls is quite ingenius. It draws retards and childish people away from the poll and also sometimes draws those who I'm at odds with from voting for the option I'd prefer to see not doing well. Well my secret is out now.
The option you'd prefer not to see doing so well? You didn't even include any arab countries, i bet you'd be pissed off if people preferred them to america!!!

So to answer the question what country i'd prefer, i'd probably say Holland, cos they'd just make everything legal! Jamaica would be irie too.

No, actually i think Tibet should rule!

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-08-10 13:19:04)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6780|d
CameronPoe, i didnt read the 9 pages of post.
WHich idiot voted for u.s.a ? ever looked at world events ?
shit, i already knw, mostly everyone from america, because they like power.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

mafia996630 wrote:

Shhhh.. and do what you are told.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6780|d

Kmarion wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Shhhh.. and do what you are told.
, sry, i better get back in line.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6701|United States of America
I knew this couldn't have been a new topic that slipped past my vision. Although it isn't unusual for the topics in this here Debate section to get 80+ posts or so in a day.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5276|foggy bottom
estonia
Tu Stultus Es
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
wa hey. talk about a trip down memory lane.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard