EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6537

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

EarlOfBronze wrote:

kyilmaz wrote:

Maverick whats the page file?
It has to do with memory tweaking. It isn't an actual file.
Yes, it is! It's a locally held file on you HDD that your physical memory swaps information out to when it's full.
My apologies. I realised just as i posted. I should have said its a system file used for VM. Changing the size of it can improve performance.
mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6532
I will add though that crashing that many times would really be a major annoyance. From what you have said it's happening all the time and that must really spoil the game. Myself personally only seem to crash a couple of times a week, so I guess I can't really share your frustration.
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6510
I might try the page file thing. But a big problem is I CTD when I try to get in a game. The biggest problem is the servers are crashing after 2-4 games. Or maybe its just the servers I like to play.
Irish.r3
+15|6510|Los Angeles, CA United States
If .4 is released now it may end up with just as many problems as well as a glitchy map.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK

kyilmaz wrote:

I might try the page file thing. But a big problem is I CTD when I try to get in a game. The biggest problem is the servers are crashing after 2-4 games. Or maybe its just the servers I like to play.
Servers crashing after 2-4 games is just the bloody 1.3 patch. Not a thing we can do for that until EA/DICE get off there collective and get a damn fix out.

And I assume it is you, kyilmaz, who has just karma'd me. If you meant you like the "Future Mech Whore" userbar, it was made by Use0fWeapons. Some of his stuff, and instructions on how to contact him if you want a custom one doing, are here
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6510
Its probably the servers you play Maverick- if your just crashing 2 times a week. Which servers do you play?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6558|Doncaster UK

kyilmaz wrote:

Its probably the servers you play Maverick- if your just crashing 2 times a week. Which servers do you play?
well me and doc both play alot of OBC AF server. thats quite stable. also any of the TV2 servers but its a bit hit or miss with them sometimes you get in one and its empty and by the time it fills up you get some one with a ping of 500 and bang server crash. but at least its the server  crashing and not just you.

just try and get a server thats in your region so that your ping aint very high, also been turning off alot of my background programs like itunes and shit thats helped too.

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-07-25 05:24:55)

mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6532
I also play on the tv2 servers, they haven't crashed for me yet while i am playing on them. Also I play on the karkand straferight server, it does seem to have very few crashes. Another one I tend to play on is the 702recon
server, quite good and it has a good map rotation.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK
Unforunately according to kyilmaz's stats he's american so the servers we play on aren't going to help him greatly.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-07-25 05:57:58)

GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6760|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hey if you did what i said you would have no problems mate ive done it many other have here . when you delete your file . you start anew game and enter your nick and password and your profile is back

theres no need to be such a jerk off . ihave a life , a wife of 8 yrs and 4 children . i play this game for fun . i come here for advice from friend who will help you out , when you have problem .

maybe a small ban for you hey do it admins please

if you ask for help again i certainly will not be helping

regards Mike
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6558|Doncaster UK
well any americans know of any servers that are stable???
mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6532
He could play on straferight, according to game monitor its an american server, although i always thought it was a european server, my pings about 140 on the server but I don't seem to have any problems with lag or anything, so he shouldn't.
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6510
GAIK see my PM. Is there a way to change whether your american or mec? Does it matter?
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6510
QUestion about american or MEC to Matt and MAv. I misunderstood. I realized your talking about the server location. I gues TV2 is in Europe? The servers Im playing on are low ping . But thanks for the help and again Gaik - I apologize.
mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6532
You can change from american to mec or vice versa if the server will let you, if not it will kill you instantly, you'll lose 2 points and it will send you back to the other team. I think it's best to try and switch teams at the start of the round before everyone spawns so you don't lose any points. I might be wrong about this but if autobalance is off you might be able to switch teams anytime you like, would be grateful if someone could confirm whether this is the case or not, Thx.
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6510
Your advice has been very helpful.
mattdavis1989
Sie aller Geruch
+6|6532
np, happy to help whenever
comet241
+164|6781|Normal, IL
I know patch 1.4 is going to make or break it for me if i buy 2142, and the rest of my clan as well. and i know my clan is not alone in that feeling. EA and DICE have to realize they are losing TONS of money off of any future games with their lack of ability to get their shit together ever since bf2 came out over a year ago.

just a little fun with math..... 30-40 guys in my clan that would buy 2142..... plus expansions and whatnots over time we are looking at easy 100 bucks a pop.....yeah, thats 3,000 or 4,000 dollars ea and dice stand to lose off of just my measly little clan if they cant prove they have their shit together..... I know we are not alond out there..... the crashing and glitches need to stop, 1.03 was less buggy than this and nothing was nerfed. go back to that.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6510|Russia

ikc-god wrote:

play special forces no crashing on that
Not true.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6519|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Thanx for letting telling us...
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6752|Israel
Hmm, seems as if asking for help is a crime these days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard