[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6859
Just wondering what ya all think of the M16.  I personally think it's the best Assault rifle in the game.  I love playing the assault kit too, not just because of the M203, I have less than 200 kills with the M203. I save it strictly for Vehicles, and groups of 2 people or more.  Peeps make fun of me because I don nade whore or jump around with it.  Should I nade whore, or keep my honorable ways?  Also is there a difference between the Assault M16 and the Medic  M16?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6840|Delaware
On the part of the difference between the guns? The M203 of course. Other than that? No. They're both the M16A2. Btw. Do whatever you feels right, it's a game. If you want to nade whore, be my guest.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6762
If you don't use the grenade launcher, why not go medic instead?  You use the same rifle, but you can heal and revive.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

I am one to use 'nades for those zippy little veichles too, but it is fun to be a n00b-tube artist once in a while. Try it out, it will be a lot of fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6783
people make fun of you for not using the grenade launcher?

first time i heard that...
chitlin
Banned
+36|6781
medics dont have as much armor but unless youre really into the g3 or dropping 40 mm bombs at your feet then id say be a medic ..rack up points and help your team alot
=DS=Unit92
+0|6760
I use the M16A2 w/ 203 the same way you do bond, I also use it to reach places I can't get with my rifle, like the tops of building and around corners via splash damange. If a noob tubers misses me with his 203 he's dead, period, no amount of dolphin diving is going to save him if he does what most do and hop around trying to reload the 203 for a second shot rather than switching to the gun.

I hate the fact that people can point blank with the 203, I really prefered the America's Army implimentation where it took at least 30 ft possibly more for the grenade to activate, any closer and it wouldn't explode and would only cause minimal kintetic damage from a direct hit.
wendigo
+0|6751|San Rafael, CA

DeltaForceWarrior wrote:

people make fun of you for not using the grenade launcher?

first time i heard that...
It's like picking the AT kit and not using the rocket launcher.  Be a medic if you don't want to use the grenade launcher.  You'll be infinitely more valuable to your squad.
ApathyCrusade
+0|6760
The Assault kit has extra ammo and more armor, plus the smoke grenade/flash.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6762
Unless you have the F2000, there is no flash.  Well, not for BF2 anyway.

And either way, 1 meter is about 3 feet, so the arming distance of 30 feet isn't that far away in BF2 terms.  I did kill someone from ~100 meters away with my 'tube today.  Took me 2 shots, but I hit them with the F2000 GL.  That would be 300 feet, BTW.
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6859
Heh, well I still try to stick my means, only 2 or more soft targets, unless I unload a clip and have to reload in a fight then I whip out the m203, vehicles, smoking pieces of armor, or hitting someone hiding behind a crate where there is a wall behind them. It's all about how you play.
SMTBANANA
+0|6735
M203 is fine,but sometimes you encounter your enemy at the corner,he jump and the next sec you dead,and he walk away in one piece,thats really annoying.Next patch may fix this.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6774
If the new patch (1.2) isnt a hoax I would recommend everyone take a leaf out of [A-51]-.Bond's book & get practicing comabt this way, since that is the way it will be for all soon. How the many bunny hoppers & dolphin divers shall fall.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore

SMTBANANA wrote:

M203 is fine,but sometimes you encounter your enemy at the corner,he jump and the next sec you dead,and he walk away in one piece,thats really annoying.Next patch may fix this.
Wel i hope the next patch doesnt fix the m203 explode on contact.

First, i also use it very often.
Second, if u wanna counter it, let him eat your noob tube too:P
xaven
+25|6752|Berlin

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

M203ing the back of a tank is pretty damn effective.
u only need 4 nades to destroy a tank, guaranteed...

people who only use the m203/gp30 are people without any aim and skill to my mind. but im always amused when any gp30 boy comes around the corner, looks directly into my face, shoots his nade and kills me + himself + his teammate walking behind him. nice show, happens so often...

furthermore, the m16 in single shot mode is as well as as the g36c/e in single mode. for long and middle ranges the best choice!

Last edited by xaven (2005-12-17 07:23:45)

Rampage74
+0|6708|Reykjavik, Iceland
my advice is keep your honorable ways, semi-auto and burst! dont stoop to the level of the nade whores.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6736|Riva, MD
The only difference is that the medic M16 has no M203.  I prefer the F2000 but up until I got the G3, the M16A2 was my favorite of the 3 beginning assault rifles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard