JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708
Right im back after my unsavoury ban from THA, thank you for that btw............

Right this is going to get rid of confusion and let everybody know whats going on, so pay attention if you message me and ask me some bullshit question that has already been answerd via this thread im not going to reply.

First off thanks for all the xfire invites, if i start talking to you and then stop im not being an asshat its because i have been busy sorting this shit mess out.

Now here is the information everyone that wants to take part needs to know:

No 1:  There is no more any other admins going to involved in this other than me, if you see a topic created by anyone else i suggest you ignore it (not naming any names here), then it is no longer valid.

No 2:  If i am unavalible on xfire or i am in game DO NOT message me unless you wanna come play, this get extremly annoying and us much you guys wanna talk to me whilst i am in game or AFK is not a good time.

No 3:  If for some reason you really need to talk to me on xfire and i am not avalible please direct all your questions to spawnofthemist, we talk on a daily basis and what ever you tell him will eventually be told to me.

No 4:  DO NOT WHINE AT ME OVER XFIRE, this is a sure way to get blocked i dont care what the problem is but whining to me like every other smurf is sure going to piss me off, and you'l be redirected to blockedville.

No 5:  Current squads:

The official squad threads are:

Leader : JaM3z
PM this Leader
No Smurfs

Leader : USmarine2005
PM this Leader
US Squad : The Grunts

Leader : SpawnoftheMist
PM this Leader
EU Squad : The Underdogs

Leaders : Talon, Sgt.Davi
PM this Leader
EU Squad : ONA (Officers Not Allowed)

Leader : Flaming_Maniac
PM this Leader
The Pirate Squad

Leader : (SGS)Pvt.Kosak
PM the Leader
EU Squad : Bravo Elite

(Thanks to spawnofthemist for that list)

No 6: Anyone interested in being a squad leader should PM me, with your name for your squad, what ladder you want to play in (EU or US), who will be in it (check with these people first), do NOT make anymore recruitment pages on this forum, im considering them spam, when you have the word from me you can announce your squad and ill add you to the list above.

No 7:  Servers, i have been talking to chuy and i know spawnofthemist has been talking to B.Schuss, they have said we can use the BF2s servers one night a week to host the event.

No 8:  Webpage, i am going to contact duffry about making a webpage for this event after i have finished writting this, if this falls through then i will contact chuy about getting the event a page on the wiki, and who can make it.

No 9:  Comms, i havnt got a TS server setup yet so i will be talking to a few people to see if we can use one (hint hint anyone with a TS server PM me)

No 10:  FAQ

Frequantly Asked Questions (not just for the ladder but questions i get from alot of people)

1:  Can i join the server/TS your on?  Yes you can, however if the TS i am on is passworded and i dont think your going to fit in with people on it im not going to give you the password, but you might aswell join the server im on if you wanna play with me or agasint me.

2:  Can i be a squad leader? 

JaM3z wrote:

No 6: Anyone interested in being a squad leader should PM me, with your name for your squad, what ladder you want to play in (EU or US), who will be in it (check with these people first), do NOT make anymore recruitment pages on this forum, im considering them spam, when you have the word from me you can announce your squad and ill add you to the list above.
3:  Will the servers be ranked or unranked?  The servers will be unranked.

4:  Can my squad have its own sig?  I dont care whether your squad has its own sig or not thats completly up to you guys to sort out.

5:  How many members in a squad?  8 minimum, however if on the night of a match one of you cant make it you auto forfeit so reserves are a good idea.

6:  What maps are we playing?  The maps to be played will be up to your squad to decide, your squad will pick a map and the other squad will pick a map well.

7:  How many rounds per map?  There will be 2 rounds per map and the ticket ratio will be set at 200.

8:  Should we practice?  Practice is completly up to you, if you dont feel the need to practice then dont, but if you want to then you can.

9:  Who is in JaM3z squad?  I have not yet decided you will be in my squad however i will be talking to a few people over the next few days about it, my squad has some requirments to it so if you wanna be in it PM me with a link to your stats and whatnot, i wont reply until i have decided on my final squad.

10:  I have a good idea that sounds like it could add to this experience.  If you have a good idea do not only post it but PM me with it in more detail so i know exactly how to interprete it.

11:  Can i be a admin? NO do not PM with, i wanna be admin, im sorry whaa whaa whaa, if i need any more help with admins ill be sure to hit the people who i want to help me with a PM.

12:  What size maps will we be playing on?  You will play in 16 player sized maps.

13:  Who can i pick to be in my squad?  A list of players will be going up (i need time to do this)

14:  Can i take part?  Yes you can take part and you should post here and you will be added to the list asap.

15:  You can have mixed teams, but it is recomended you try to keep the teams from either the EU or the USA this is for ping reasons.

16:  You can pick your own squads, but there will be a list going up of all the players that wish to take part (so you know who is avalible)

17:  Format:  The format of this event will be EU vs EU and US vs US, however both the top teams will go head to head to play each other in the final, after we have finished the main event then teams will be free to play anyone who they want.

18:  Can we use unlocks?  A poll on wether you can use unlocks or not can be found here

Right now if there is anything unclear about this then let me know, if you want more information added or have a question not explained by any of the above then post it and i will add it in.

If i am not available then contact spawnofthemist about this, seeing as he nearly allways online.

Xfire - spawnofthemist
PM

And nearly forgot to say, its nice to back lets not ban me again over Mr IndianScout who has his head up his own asshole yeah?

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-07-26 14:21:23)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85
Thanks, been waiting for this post.

First, how are we supposed to recruit people if not to make a thread? With the exception of yourself, everyone else on that list with a squad has made a thread for it. I read some where there would be a list to choose from, but I never saw one...

And this may need to be added to the FAQ, what size maps are we playing? It would fit 16 player maps perfectly, but I think that 32 size maps would add more depth...
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Thanks, been waiting for this post.

First, how are we supposed to recruit people if not to make a thread? With the exception of yourself, everyone else on that list with a squad has made a thread for it. I read some where there would be a list to choose from, but I never saw one...

And this may need to be added to the FAQ, what size maps are we playing? It would fit 16 player maps perfectly, but I think that 32 size maps would add more depth...
ill be adding these questions to the FAQ right about after i took a shit , good questions +1
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
If JaM3z isn't available then contact me about this, seeing as i'm nearly ALWAYS online.

Xfire - spawnofthemist
PM - http://forums.bf2s.com/message_send.php … ;tid=36258

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-07-24 16:28:13)

_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6581|England
Thanks for the info.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I want to kill people.  Let's roll bitches.
Entertayner
+826|6568

spawnofthemist wrote:

If JaM3z isn't available then contact me about this, seeing as i'm nearly ALWAYS online.

Xfire - spawnofthemist
LOL! He is sometimes I wonder if you have a life spawn but I still love you *huggles*
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6702|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Well...

He isnt on right now...

10 in the morning Greenwich time...

hmmmm
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6584
Speak to Spawn not me........I am not an admin no more...Spawn is
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

a couple of questions:

- so this will be US versus EU squads ? no mixed teams ?
- will squad members be selected radomly from a pool of players or can we make our own squads?
- any news on the format yet ? are the Country squads ( yes, I know, the EU ain't a country ) are going to battle it out among themselves and the winner faces the best squad from the other country, or is it going to be EU vs. US squads from the start ?

sorry if this has already been answered.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708

B.Schuss wrote:

a couple of questions:

- will squad members be selected radomly from a pool of players or can we make our own squads?
- any news on the format yet ? are the Country squads ( yes, I know, the EU ain't a country ) are going to battle it out among themselves and the winner faces the best squad from the other country, or is it going to be EU vs. US squads from the start ?

Will add to FAQ good questions +1
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6584
This is going to be a good tournemant. Are u on Xfire JaM3z?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Xfire - spawnofthemist
LOL! He is sometimes I wonder if you have a life spawn but I still love you *huggles*
Nah.. no life.. the whole girlfriend thing kinda crushed me a bit.. i dont see a point in going out much anymore.. but enough of the stories.. *huggles Entertainer*

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

Well...

He isnt on right now...

10 in the morning Greenwich time...

hmmmm
Considering i got to sleep at 3am.. i think 12.30 in the afternoon is a very early time to get up...  i think my insomnia is cured!

B.Schuss wrote:

a couple of questions:

i dont want the answers here to be take as 100% true.. more 75%.. until james comes on to clarify..
this is my understanding however:

1) mixed teams ARE allowed.. although its recommended for latency reasons that teams are solely from the same continent.. nothing to say that you can't take members from the other continents though
2) any member of the forums may compete in the ladder.. the more the merrier to be honest.. bigger ladders = more fun.. any member of the forums can participate in a team.. as long as the team leader would PM either me or JaM3z with their full squad list so we can add it to the list at the top of this page.
3) i have no idea on this one.. best wait for JaM3z... although personally.. i feel your idea is an ideal format.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
i reckon a knockout style would be good:

https://home.uchicago.edu/~peterr/upa/tourny-ladder.jpg

like that
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708

FFLink13 wrote:

i reckon a knockout style would be good:

http://home.uchicago.edu/~peterr/upa/tourny-ladder.jpg

like that
looks like a good idea, but this will be a ladder not a tournement.

However i like your idea so much im thinking after this event has been done to organise something like this.

+1 to you and spawn
B.Schuss

JameZ wrote:

15:  You can have mixed teams, but it is recomended you try to keep the teams from either the EU or the USA this is for ping reasons.

16:  You can pick your own squads, but there will be a list going up of all the players that wish to take part (so you know who is avalible)

17:  Format:  The format of this event will be EU vs EU and US vs US, however both the top teams will go head to head to play each other in the final, after we have finished the main event then teams will be free to play anyone who they want.
so no. 15 will allow me to have a mixed squad, with US and EU guys playing on it. at the same time, no. 17 dictates that the ladder will be EU vs EU and US vs US until the final. How is this supposed to work out ? Are you going to put my mixed squad in either of the ladders, depending on where the majority of my squad members hails from ? ( Example: 5 from the US, 3 from the EU = squad is US ? )

Moreover, as far as I know the ladder system, it normaly means that each team plays against every other team in the ladder, with a fixed schedule. This takes forever. Are you sure you want a ladder system instead of a knockout tourney ?

tip: set a max. number of teams eligible to participate. This will give you more control over the whole thing, from a scheduling POV. Imagine 20 squads per side join in. that's 19 weeks of matches ( if you only play one match a week, that is ).

@no. 16: I can pick my own squad, but there will be a list of players so I know who is available.
hm. Does this mean I can only pick my squad members from that list, or does this simply mean that those who are not part of a fixed squad already are going to be put on that list for SL's to chose from, in case they lack a squad member or two ? Please clarify.

thanks,
B.

EDIT: as you already suggested, you will need a separate homepage for the event. handling all of this over these forums will result in total chaos.
Flaming_Maniac
B.Schuss, at this rate, I don't think we'll have a problem getting too many squads.

When is this supposed to start? Few weeks, few months, timeframe ideas?

Also, is tehre a max size for the team, or could someone have 50 reserves?
samfink
+31|6553
50 reserves would be unworkable. all you realyl need is the same number of reserves as players in the main squad.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708

B.Schuss wrote:

JameZ wrote:

so no. 15 will allow me to have a mixed squad, with US and EU guys playing on it. at the same time, no. 17 dictates that the ladder will be EU vs EU and US vs US until the final. How is this supposed to work out ? Are you going to put my mixed squad in either of the ladders, depending on where the majority of my squad members hails from ? ( Example: 5 from the US, 3 from the EU = squad is US ? )

Moreover, as far as I know the ladder system, it normaly means that each team plays against every other team in the ladder, with a fixed schedule. This takes forever. Are you sure you want a ladder system instead of a knockout tourney ?

tip: set a max. number of teams eligible to participate. This will give you more control over the whole thing, from a scheduling POV. Imagine 20 squads per side join in. that's 19 weeks of matches ( if you only play one match a week, that is ).

@no. 16: I can pick my own squad, but there will be a list of players so I know who is available.
hm. Does this mean I can only pick my squad members from that list, or does this simply mean that those who are not part of a fixed squad already are going to be put on that list for SL's to chose from, in case they lack a squad member or two ? Please clarify.

thanks,
B.

EDIT: as you already suggested, you will need a separate homepage for the event. handling all of this over these forums will result in total chaos.
Right ill clear this up.

If the squad has more US then EU members then that squad will be classed as a US squad same thing if a Eu members then US then it will be classed as a EU squad.

In this ladder each team will play each other, for example all US teams will play all US teams and all EU teams will play all EU teams.

The final tickets will be added together for example:

Team A vs Team B

Team A wins 178 Tickets to 20, there for team a gets 178 points where as team b gets 20 points.

After every team in the ladder has played every other team the team with the most points will play the team with the most points in the other ladder.

Right as for picking squads, you can pick anyone who has a registerd account on these forums, but i am also setting a member list to let squad leaders know who wants to play.

Yes we will need a homepage for this or a page on the wiki anyone who can help me out with this and has experience can you PM me as soon as possible, or reply to this thread.
B.Schuss

alright. So I can set up my own squad if I want. Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

Have you thought about limiting the no. of squads participating ? A real ladder with each team playing each other  will take quite some time.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708

B.Schuss wrote:

alright. So I can set up my own squad if I want. Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

Have you thought about limiting the no. of squads participating ? A real ladder with each team playing each other  will take quite some time.
I havnt thought about a limit as the more people to get involved the more fun and a challenge it will be but if it gets out of hand with to many squads then yes i will put a limit in.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6566
As this is going to be a ladder/tournament, i guess and hope it's going to be no unlocks then?

And please don't whine and flame, because you're possible not allowed to use your lovely G36E.
Flaming_Maniac

fierce wrote:

As this is going to be a ladder/tournament, i guess and hope it's going to be no unlocks then?

And please don't whine and flame, because you're possible not allowed to use your lovely G36E.
Bleh, IMO no-unlocks unbalances the teams, MEC pwns in all but sniper and engie.
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6508
It would be fine if we would rotate, one team goes MEC first and switch to US next time.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6566

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Bleh, IMO no-unlocks unbalances the teams, MEC pwns in all but sniper and engie.
That's why there are two rounds on each map. Each team has the joy to play as MEC. And one question, who hinders you to press the "G"-Key (Not Spot!) and take your opponents kit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard