aLi3nZ
+138|6507|New Zealand
My OH shit moments mainly consist of me Head Shooting my own team mate and them dieing instantly   I get too trigger happy sometimes.

LOL I reckon the guy I knifed with the G3 in the video below, had an OH shit moment when he saw someone about to knife his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J1yZ80Rft0

What is the LT for in your name victim? Is it a clan? I noticed a lot of people have. Including the engineer I knifed the vid.

Lt_Headifen

Last edited by aLi3nZ (2006-07-24 16:59:55)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
that moment when I look up to see the remains of a black hawk falling towards me
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6661|Canada Eh?

iPoon.be wrote:

After falling in the water at wake (my heli was shot down) i get the 'crippled legs' bug that makes you swim at 0.005 feet/hour. After 5 minutes of that (im against suicide) im 1m away from the shore and an enemy spots me
Lmao I've been there too many times.

EDIT: Spelling.

Last edited by BornToKill67 (2006-07-24 20:33:55)

Dersmikner
+147|6498|Texas
Yesterday I was minding my own business, sniping on top of the roof at the Square, facing the Hotel and gleefully picking off Marines shuffling across the street, when I got a sort of sick feeling in my lower intestines, and my bung clinched up, as I realized I hadn't turned to look at the Burbs recently, so I whirled around and right-clicked my sight in on the building mid-way between the two flags, just in time to see an AT missile ride right down the pipe, fill my screen and my right nostril.

I swear to God somebody is going to have a heartattack playing this game one day. I yelped like a 12-year old girl, had an involuntary right-arm spasm that caused my hand to come off my mouse, fell off my chair, and damned near shit my pants when that thing came down my scope and filled my headphones with the sound of carnage.

I actually winced and closed my right (sight) eye.

It didn't help in case you're wondering.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2006-07-24 21:52:04)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada

aLi3nZ wrote:

What is the LT for in your name victim? Is it a clan? I noticed a lot of people have. Including the engineer I knifed the vid.

Lt_Headifen
LT. stands for Lieutenant. Back in the Day before all the high Ranks.. 2nd Lieutenant was the Highest Rank in BF2.
Anyways.. Lieutenant is a actual rank in the US army.. and other armys.. so many people put LT. Lt. LT_ Lt_ Etc in there name cause as you know BF2 is a war game..
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6534|Australia
how about: on the AA Gun abord USS Essex and then running out of missiles and the MG is over-heated and there is a J-10 coming in your direction.

Last edited by {DHL}SeahawK (2006-07-24 22:19:45)

-r3-anubis
+73|6537|florida
When you try to cap a flag in warlord, your then surrounded by 100000 claymores and 5 people spawn all over you.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Something like this.......

https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/264/screen323as7.jpg

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-07-24 23:16:49)

teh.pwnage15
+2|6533
Going into the alleyway infornt of Hotel at kark with my ammo bag out exptecting to get some Ammo Supply points only to see 5 USMCs
p1.topher
+16|6488|USA
I actually jumped in my chair when this happened.

I was commanding on wake, prown in one of those huts by airfield base, in command screen. I saw a red dot near my arti so I came out of command screen to snipe him. I turned to look out the window, when I did, this anti-tank missle was smiling at me and BAM, dead. Scared the shite outta me. Happened too fast to take screenie, took about 10 minutes to get my wits about me anyway, lol.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6503|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Mine was like a movie... It was Wake Island and I crossed the bridge to cap the american flag at North Village then i got fired at so I fell back and Artillery smached right in front of me and the I sai "Oh Shit", then I turned around to flee the Artillerie. I turned.... then somebody put C4 in front of me then I screamed "OH SHIT"
.... KABOOOOOOM.... =KKR= _-_911_-_180891 was killed by SplinterRomp.
schakl
+21|6689

PspRpg-7 wrote:

*Raise your hand if you like to read the stories.* Right then.

*Raise your hand if you like to see the screen shots with a short caption* Right then.
Good idea, but I think in 'Oh shit' moments I won't find the sreen shot button fast enough
D00MSAYER
+5|6683|Austria
I were playing on kubra dam as engineer and decided to capture a flag.
i tried to hide in the building near the flag at the mec airfield. the flag didn't turn neutral. "hmmm there is something out there". i look out of the window, and in this time a sniper planted a claymore in my only way out of the building. took the wrench out to defuse the clay, i go prone and wrench it, but i strafed a bit sideways and the claymore decided to blow me to pieces. Doh!
bulldog76t
+1|6487
My "oh shit" moments

1. Emptying my DAO-12, running for cover to reload just to face someone who has a ready loaded one.
2. As already mentioned numerous times: the "ting" of a grenade right next to you.
3. Realizing you have forgotten which team you're while desperately trying to capture a flag
4. In an APC, trying to nail a tank when your missile needs loading and the main gun has gone warm with no smoke coming from the tank..
5. Being the last one alive and neutralizing a flag then hearing everyone heading your direction
6. Getting a brief, close look at a claymore on a rooftop before getting blown up
7. Trying to flank MEC at Karkand 64player on foot, going for Factory, swimming across the river (?) and look straight in the face of an APC just waiting for you when your in the middle of the river.
8. Hearing someone behind you when prone
9. Hearing the missile lock-alarm in a smoking tank
10. In a strike of luck you ambush 2-3 enemies and manage to empty your clip seemingly without hitting a single one, and franticly reloading as they try to locate where the fire is coming from
11. In a tank trying to cap a flag you get a glimpse of a covert op before the c4 goes off
12. Hearing the "clak-clak" of the DAO-12 just a little too late
admartian
+0|6487
*Trying to pull out your pistol (after exhausting your rifle) only to press the wrong button....

*Seeing a column of tanks and APCs coming right for you...

*In zoomed mode while proned searching the horizon only to find out that an opposing sniper has been lining up that pretty helmet of yours in his sights...

And not so much a dying 'OH SHIT' moment but when you're having a pretty good round scorewise and experience wise and you see

"THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION"

That REALLY grind my gears....
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
The day I downloaded 1.3 and had 14 CTD's.

"Ohhh shit.  They finally ruined it."
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6521
Using the wrench to get rid of a patch of enemy mines so ur tank can pass when u suddenly hear the hum of a buggy packed to the brim with ur teammates almost on top of u.
High Spirit
+5|6572|Canada, Eh?
Parachuting out of a chopper about to blow up, next thing I saw was a jet comming straight at me.

I think my head is still attached to the tip...
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6505|Melbourne, Australia
My "Oh Shit" moments;

1. That moment... in a ground vehicle, getting a laser warning, when you hit E instead of W. Similarly in choppers when you are are cruising at altitude and hit E instead of W.
2. That moment you have a grenade out and accidentally tap the RMB instead of the LMB.
3. That moment when you are hooning along in the FAV and find that the bridge is out.
4. That moment you leap into a tank and find it only has one health bar left.
5. That moment you are wiring the C4 to the enemy artillery and the guy you with voips "I wonder who they are shelling?"
6. That moment you blow the C4 on the artillery and hear "Artillery under attack!"
7. That moment you hit E to jump into the empty tank and realise that an enemy soldier beat you to it by a fraction of a second.
8. That moment you realise your squaddie didn't notice where you threw the grenade.
9. That moment you realise your legs might be poking through the walls of your super-secret hiding place.
10. That moment you realise your previous sniping post is still protected by your old claymores.
11. That moment you realise you have no more weapons left that don't need reloading and the guy is still standing (usually AT gunner).
12. That moment you realise you need only one more point/kill IAR to get that elusive badge and that one side has only 2 tickets left.

\\'
doc. josh
+48|6545
when u see the enemy sniper and he sees u but u dont press the fire button in time to get him. then yer head blows off
schakl
+21|6689
A funny 'Oh shit' was when I jumped out of a BlackHawk kamikaziing into an enemy base (the only thing they are good for now, but next time Mr. pilot please tell me) and being pinned on the front part without being able to move. I saw all buildings closing in very fast and the last thing I saw, were two other players staring at me.

Or the worst for me, 19 repair points, 120 hours engineer, behind a tank in an APC ........ connection lost !!!!

Hawk
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF
You stare at someone with your Team's outfit but a red nametag, then you see his friend spawn on him, in enemy clothes and a red tag.

Killing 5 enemy soldiers as we run to an empty tank, only to realize its no longer empty.

Shoting down an enemy chopper only to get killed by the single surviving soldier parachuting and landing ontop of your jet in flight.

Last edited by vpyroman (2006-07-26 00:34:30)

mr_whippy94
+2|6579
My "oh shit" moment is when I'm commander and I'm in the command screen and i notice i lost a little health so i click out only to find a enemy sniper standing over me wif a knife or a silenced pistol.... lol i had it happen to me 3 times in 1 round.
twiistaaa
+87|6669|mexico
usually when i run head first into an apc where i cant get away. i usually get my pistol out and shoot it in there air.
Chao2
+8|6715|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
On armoured fury i was in a stinger site and shot down an a10, I could only watch as its wreckage fell onto me. One of my mates was watching and laughed his head off on teamspeak.

Last edited by Chao2 (2006-07-26 04:08:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard