dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA

Jenkinsbball wrote:

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

I liken Solo-choppering to sniping.

Close range combat against another chopper, a soloer will likely lose if he can't nail that TV shot.

Soloers are ususally up high, out of the main action, dispersing death from long range (450 m baby).
I beg to differ. I may be one of the few, but I'm about 50-100m off the ground soloing. I get shot down by jets and helos more often, but I can get tanks and cars easier. I'm not some little bitch that fucking sits back in the fog and fires away without the hint of danger. I'd rather be right there helping my teams as much as I can. Checkout my tag for my helo vid. You can see I don't do it like a bitch, like some people. And, no, I'm not saying I'm the best at soloing either, because I'm not.
I agree, i also solo under 150m.    Most the time i solo its an FAV taking me out.    after i TV the APC with 6ppl.  So my solo job killed 6 lost 1.    Pretty decent id say.   6/2 isnt much of a loss either tho.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6610|England

majorassult wrote:

I hate having another guy in the chopper with me.  I won't tk for it but i usually do ask them to get out unless I know they are good.

But it seems no one is ever good with the tv missles in the servers i am in and it makes me mad when i fly and they constantly miss

Yesterday some guy was telling me that tv missles take no skill at all...WTF?
Hey majorassualt... remember those good times on Gulf of Oman? Yeh but i do agree its either go with some one i know is decent (ie you major!) or go alone, even though i have been known to miss the occasional TV or 5...!
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6763|Alabama
I hate solo pilots period. They made the helicopter have 2 spots for a reason. So that 2 people could fly at the same time. Teamwork. Get in a tank and whore something else.
semerkhet83
+1|6525|Four Marks, UK
i just stay away from heli's...in fact any aircraft all together.  i get way too fed up will the bloody whining, bitching and general insults that seem to go along with even looking at one...let alone flying anything.
T0rr3nt
+54|6603|Michigan
ya im sick of shitty gunners who say they can gun, and then cannon a tank...

i like to solo, i know how to fly, i know how to set myself up.
dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA

T0rr3nt wrote:

ya im sick of shitty gunners who say they can gun, and then cannon a tank...

i like to solo, i know how to fly, i know how to set myself up.
LOL   gotta love the gunner who thinks the cannon will kill the new entered tank.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6779

dankassasin42o wrote:

Not miss.   U can gun for me an miss.   But if i set u the shot.  and you dont take it for whatever reason.  ur done for as my gunner.   unless u were outta ammo, but that what the NEED AMMO radio command is for.   I know where as a pilot to put a target, so its almost PERFECT in their box.    U miss that.  THATS YOUR FAULT.
I gotcha there, dankassasin42o.
I'm patient, as I described above.  But if we pull up on a tank, I set the shot...and gunner-guy starts spritzing away with the MG...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6769|Reality
Solo gunning is a great skill. Props to those who can do it.
However having been tk'ed just so someone could solo gun... FU

To me it is an exploit, not because you can TV guide solo, but because while in TV missile mode you are invisible to AA. So you take advantage of a coding problem to further your stats.

If the chopper remains visible to AA while seat switching then go for it. Until then you guys are exploiters.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
shice
+9|6541|every1 h8's Germany
It depends on which map you fly. Some maps like Sharqi are made for a non-solo-chopper (cool huh?).
But if it goes to maps like dalian, daqing, smoke screen (my favourite), your better of by soloing.
dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

Not miss.   U can gun for me an miss.   But if i set u the shot.  and you dont take it for whatever reason.  ur done for as my gunner.   unless u were outta ammo, but that what the NEED AMMO radio command is for.   I know where as a pilot to put a target, so its almost PERFECT in their box.    U miss that.  THATS YOUR FAULT.
I gotcha there, dankassasin42o.
I'm patient, as I described above.  But if we pull up on a tank, I set the shot...and gunner-guy starts spritzing away with the MG...
Thats when u YELL BAIL OUT.  or kamakazi into the tank.cuz it works better then the MG
Bevo
Nah
+718|6546|Austin, Texas

Stubbee wrote:

Solo gunning is a great skill. Props to those who can do it.
However having been tk'ed just so someone could solo gun... FU

To me it is an exploit, not because you can TV guide solo, but because while in TV missile mode you are invisible to AA. So you take advantage of a coding problem to further your stats.

If the chopper remains visible to AA while seat switching then go for it. Until then you guys are exploiters.
He swings, and Misses!

You are NOT invisible to AA. The AA takes a half second pause while switching seats. After the switch has been made, it gets an instalock. Soloing doesnt intentionally avoid AA (its very very minimal) and therefore is not an expxloit. Go try it out on a server with a solo pilot.
PRiMACORD
+190|6650|Home of the Escalade Herds

dankassasin42o wrote:

It takes about 6 - all 8 rockets from the pilot to destroy armor.   It takes 1 from the tv.    Im not saying i cant use the pilots rockets.    The TV is more deadly and efficent.    See, im tryin to STAY ALIVE.    so y fuck around with my missles, when i could use a gunner/or my self in the gun seat to hit the target with a TV an grantee a kill?      I think thats choice of survival, as opposed to not being able to use my rockets.     Remember the pilot fires from rocket pod, the TV.  Hellfire missles.
Well some of us play for fun you know, it's a game, not RL

Rockets = fun + less whining since the use of rockets puts you close to the action

TV = Yawn. Killing another chopper consistently takes time to master yes but everything else (ground targets, transport choppers) are friggin easy.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6708|The Lou
lol, i have a 1337 sig.
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6679

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

but seriously shut up....we all know theres 10 yr old bitches who cant stand getting owned.....just fucking kill that bastard as many times as u can before u get kicked....make him cry
I love doing that. Just now some fag stood infront of my plane... so I crashed the plane into his blackhawk (i bailed beforehand). Then I hunted him down and kept TKing him with the pump shotty till I got bored and disconnected.
today in dragon valley, i played as chinese, got the jet and then the fckin admin, borombir or so, parked the FAV in front of my jet...so i drove back and then crashed "slowly" into the FAV; t3h retard of admin was sitting on my cockpit...after the crash he los 50% oh his health, i was medic, then he jumped off and drove away, i thougt, no, he parked the car agin in front of me, havent the chance to take off ehile he was away, NOW i "drove" with the jet to the parked car, when i was able to touch it with my front i pressed w and used my afterburner, everything was vibrating...t3h fckin admin and another sucker were sitting on my machine and what happend....? after a while i got enough pressure from my engine to "jump" over this car and to take normally off....so omfg crazy...
dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA

PRiMACORD wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

It takes about 6 - all 8 rockets from the pilot to destroy armor.   It takes 1 from the tv.    Im not saying i cant use the pilots rockets.    The TV is more deadly and efficent.    See, im tryin to STAY ALIVE.    so y fuck around with my missles, when i could use a gunner/or my self in the gun seat to hit the target with a TV an grantee a kill?      I think thats choice of survival, as opposed to not being able to use my rockets.     Remember the pilot fires from rocket pod, the TV.  Hellfire missles.
Well some of us play for fun you know, it's a game, not RL

Rockets = fun + less whining since the use of rockets puts you close to the action

TV = Yawn. Killing another chopper consistently takes time to master yes but everything else (ground targets, transport choppers) are friggin easy.
WHAT?!?!?!?   Who told u this was a game?    They lied.   I got my BF2 at the recruiter office!!   they said my checks would be in the mail.  I figure they all went to my health care,  found my self in the middle of artillery too many times.      But as a heli pilot, im workin on being able to shoot down jets.   since i can evade them.  Thanks to that JANES Training back in 1996.    Janes AH-64D Longbow.
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6679
sum nice idea by me about vehicles especially choppers...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=600395#p600395
dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA
PRiMACORD you runined my LIFE!!!   THIS IS NOT A GAME ITS REAL.................

btw its primer cord.    LOL   sry.   I have explosives training.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6708|The Lou
^^gay.
devilcat
+7|6716
I think I posted this years ago, the plane/vehicle should re-spawn faster that the dead pilot flying it previously
dankassasin42o
+68|6704|Reefersyde, CA

HURLEY wrote:

^^gay.
Takes one to spot one,  and that pic in your sig??  what are you 8?

btw, hurley...   isnt cool.. its trendy.

Last edited by dankassasin42o (2006-07-24 19:36:57)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6528|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Aha.... Wtf....
RD_The_Dog
+87|6562
Hurly.....i think your sig is FUCKING l33t.  Dont listen to these other guys. 

I think we can all agree that:

# TKing so you can solo is wrong.
# Sometimes going solo is the better option for the team if you have loads of shit gunners
# Having a good gunner is ALWAYS better for the team as a whole, although it may not be as fun as going solo.
# Going solo means that their is no one to watch you masturbate, which is good
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6708|The Lou

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Hurly.....i think your sig is FUCKING l33t.  Dont listen to these other guys. 

I think we can all agree that:

# TKing so you can solo is wrong.
# Sometimes going solo is the better option for the team if you have loads of shit gunners
# Having a good gunner is ALWAYS better for the team as a whole, although it may not be as fun as going solo.
# Going solo means that their is no one to watch you masturbate, which is good
QTF!!!!!! i think im in love with you.

btw im not 8, i was bored and my family was over cause there power was out and i had to give up my bed and sleep on the couch. and its trendy, wtf? lmao
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6571
I hate solo pilots. I want 2 kills when I shoot down an attack chopper.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Disodium
+13|6539|Sydney
I have solochoppper pilot'd and sure its fun but i dont think its very considerate on other nore is it very 'team playerish'
IMO there should be a 10-15second penalty from changing position in all aircraft.
By that i mean:
Player enteres vechile and can change positions instantly but as soon as they change positions they must wait 10seconds to change to another spot.
Solves the problem with selfish solo chopper pilots.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard