B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

guys,

some members of the community have brought up the idea of a bf2s.com BF2 Ladder ( 8 vs 8 , atm ).

details here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35918

How about we set up our own EU server squad and participate in the tourney ? We need about 10 guys, IIRC.

Let me know what you think.

cheers,
B.
savking
+37|6557|England
i like it and im in
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

I will play for the EU squad anytime ! RunDje reporting in ! , (still depends on date/time ofcourse)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
B.Schuss

well, right now it's just an idea from some forum members, Chuy hasn't given his statement yet. But it looks like this is going to get "official" any time soon. No timeline / schedule as of yet, though.

I just thought I'd tell you ASAP, so we can get a team assembled, should we want to participate.
savking
+37|6557|England
oh yeh i will only play on a EU server too, im in Uk. i can play any time of day/night up untill 4th next month.
l41e
+677|6618

I'm American but play with the EU guys...

/torn
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I would love to play with the EU guys... (If it starts after the summer vacation that is...)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
B.Schuss

btw, this is not supposed to be US vs EU guys, just random teams made up from the forums, if I understand the concept correctly.
savking
+37|6557|England
ok yeh, in one of the other threads som1 is making a team for this, but i read that the teams will be randomly selected therefore rendering his team efforts usless? and it would work better as random teams that prevents this from being a total noob bashing sesion.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

k30dxedle wrote:

I'm American but play with the EU guys...

/torn
Of course you will,you wanna win right?
B.Schuss

savking wrote:

ok yeh, in one of the other threads som1 is making a team for this, but i read that the teams will be randomly selected therefore rendering his team efforts usless? and it would work better as random teams that prevents this from being a total noob bashing sesion.
tbh, I have no idea, the guy who is behind this was temp-banned by THA 3 days ago...

But his ban should expire today and we should get more infos as soon as he is back.

He was banned for something unrelated to the Ladder thingy, btw....
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

This idea seems pretty cool imho. pf, BF2s ladder, muaha, bring them on, let them burn!!!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
why is it called a Ladder? Are the squads fighting up it or something? i.e. A League Table?

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-07-24 06:58:34)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

As long as me and Slayor can hold hands and run around singing on the BF I'm happy.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Sounds like fun - no fun for the others since 1st Squad will own the lot
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

B.Schuss wrote:

guys,

some members of the community have brought up the idea of a bf2s.com BF2 Ladder ( 8 vs 8 , atm ).

details here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35918

How about we set up our own EU server squad and participate in the tourney ? We need about 10 guys, IIRC.

Let me know what you think.

cheers,
B.
sounds pretty competitive.  almost clan like?  cause once you make a tournament team then people will want to practice together...practice times.  then they'll want to have their own strategies...strategy practice times.  then they'll start specializing in certain vehicles...and pretty soon you got a clan?  my problem is that i'm pretty competitive by nature (which is precisely why i like the EU server...just fun, no stats, don't mind losing).  having said all of that, count me in if you need a good tanker:)

what i really like is the idea of playing in an 8v8 amongst ourselves on the EU server with teams being mixed around.  i don't like the first squad second squad thing too much cause i like to play and get to know all the guys.  what i've said all along is that if we set a date for the EU 8v8, then we should have a draft with the two squad leaders picking teams for that particular day.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6556
B.Schuss  so u are a squad leader now and the name of ur squad is BF2s.com EU Squad?
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6556
k ur in...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

First Sergeant ghettoperson reporting for duty sir!
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany
If you need me I'll be there (as usual)

Btw: I really like the idea of superfly playing in an 8v8 amongst ourselves on the EU server.
B.Schuss

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

B.Schuss  so u are a squad leader now and the name of ur squad is BF2s.com EU Squad?
for once, I own this server...

and second, no, I am not a squad leader for anything. We'll talk this over among the server regulars as soon as James has some more info. As long as there is no timeline / schedule set up, there is no need to sign up for anything.
B.Schuss

ok guys, James is back on again and has issued some more info. I took the liberty to ask a couple of questions. Find the new thread here:http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=602845#p602845

@superfly: this has nothing to do with the EU server regulars. James is planning to have a ladder made up from all bf2s.com forum members who want to participate, and then fight it out. I was merely suggesting that if some of us wanted to take part, they could make up squads from the EU server regulars, instead of randomly chosing other forum members for those squads.

@dude: yes, it looks like James is looking at a ladder tourney instead of a knockout tourney. I have posted my opinion on this in the thread I linked
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6616
damn you guys are gonna be a tough squad to beat, Underdogs Ftw tho.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
well you know i am a good chopper pilot and a good infantry soldier, so i am interested in playing if you need me for the squad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard