minersny{FU}
+0|6722
So, I downloaded the game and now  I have a countdownclock until I can play it...But the prooblem is according to the clock is, it will be 12pm eastern when it is available, could I not go to walmart a t 7am and buy it? Why did they advertise, "Be one of the first to play"? Is this another ea/dice scam? I have no issues with EA except this.
RKF77
+1|6742
especially considering last night around 8:30 EST, the "countdown clock" showed ~9 hours or so.   When I woke up this morning around 4:30, it showed....~8 hours.

Shoulda just went and bought it in the store...
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6812|Delaware
I also forsee some problems that will happen when people go to play it (if they got the downloadable version). Things like missing files and whatnot. See how it plays out I suppose.
minersny{FU}
+0|6722
Feelings mutual....Now I'm off to work and I wont seeit till about 6pm......today will suck.
RKF77
+1|6742

SysTray wrote:

I also forsee some problems that will happen when people go to play it (if they got the downloadable version). Things like missing files and whatnot. See how it plays out I suppose.
Oh, I have absolutely no doubt something will be hosed when I try to install and play...sure as the sun will rise, this "download now/play later" scheme will be all sorts of fucked up.

I'm actually now kicking my own ass wondering why I just didn't go buy the damn thing in the store.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6726|Houston, TX
WalMart probably won't have the game on the shelf till early tommorow morning is my guess. They are usually a day late with getting stuff on the shelf. I think the DL was for peeps who don't have a Gamestop, EB, Best Buy, or Comp Usa. As far as I know they are the only locations that make game software a priority.

I didn't DL it. I have 2 EBs and 5 Gamestops within 10 minutes of my house and, I doubt it will sell out in all the locations. Guess I'll find out in 3 hours.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6811
Like I said before, they really ought to mail each person who downloaded it a special coupon in the mail later so they can go buy the hard copy later. But then again, this whole EA downloader smells like a way to save money.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6726|Houston, TX

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Like I said before, they really ought to mail each person who downloaded it a special coupon in the mail later so they can go buy the hard copy later. But then again, this whole EA downloader smells like a way to save money.
Yep, $30 and no physical product. Just the info. They should have charged $20 for the DL. SOE did this with there SWG expansions. I think they did with EQ2. You could buy the box at stores for 30 or DL it for 20.

Last edited by staticblue (2005-11-22 05:42:52)

CreepingDeath
+1|6735
And its not like EA doesnt have enough money already.
Concider this.
How many people had bought just BF2 ? Paying $50 bucks per copy.Now lets make this easy and say a million had. Thats 50 million bucks.You can buy a pack of about 100 burnable cds for what 20 bucks ?
Now this is what is really funny. I use to play and my wife still does a game called UO " ultima online "
Paying 15 bucks amonth to play, we use to have 3 accounts paying 45 bucks a month all together.
Times that at 15 bucks " a month " to another million people playing it. They are making no less then 15 million a month just off of that game. But playing a game on line is a lot cheaper and safer then going out now days and they know this. more an more people are doing it and will always do it.
So all i can say is we are all suckers.
Adonlude
+2|6770
At least you guys only have to wait 9 hours. I ordered the box plus free T-shirt from EA and I just got a notice saying it shipped today so it wont be here for a couple of days. On a good note, it did say it was being shipped 2nd day air even though I only paid for ground.
Chanquad
+-1|6779|Sweden

CreepingDeath wrote:

And its not like EA doesnt have enough money already.
Concider this.
How many people had bought just BF2 ? Paying $50 bucks per copy.Now lets make this easy and say a million had. Thats 50 million bucks.You can buy a pack of about 100 burnable cds for what 20 bucks ?
Now this is what is really funny. I use to play and my wife still does a game called UO " ultima online "
Paying 15 bucks amonth to play, we use to have 3 accounts paying 45 bucks a month all together.
Times that at 15 bucks " a month " to another million people playing it. They are making no less then 15 million a month just off of that game. But playing a game on line is a lot cheaper and safer then going out now days and they know this. more an more people are doing it and will always do it.
So all i can say is we are all suckers.
The dice emplyees have to get their salary. And there are so much more that the money for the game does.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6772
i gotta pick that up at lunch (preorder)...thanks for the reminder 
Bravery
+-1|6760
Leave the whine in the cellar.
Summo
+0|6732|Liverpool, UK
It's OK for you guys in the US, in the UK its not released until the 25th. And I wouldn't dream of downloading it, too much possibility of it going tits up. I'm dying to know if theres going to be new awards and medals. Will it be added on to the current stats or a completely new set? I can't wait for my wife to start nagging me to get off SF when I get it, it was bad enough when BF2 first came out. Ooh shes gonna go mad. ROFL.

Last edited by Summo (2005-11-22 07:58:30)

minersny{FU}
+0|6722
I have a steam account for my cs:source and day of defeat and have never had a problem, I have retrieved my steam games on all 3 of my pc's.  So hopefully ea will work ther same.  If not they will be liable in many situations.
sandaltube
+0|6772
I haven't been able to find any stores where I live that have it yet.  They all tell me, "We should be getting it in a shipment today."  I suppose that makes sense, since it shipped yesterday, but I'm impatient, dammit!  I guess I'll just make a few more calls after work to see if anyone has it yet.  If not, I'll be buying the "digital" version. 

Also, you guys are getting that countdown clock because the official launch isn't until today at 1:00PM EST.  That's what their site says, anyhow...

https://account.ea.com/commerce/product … p=commerce
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6811
EB Games here said they're suppost to get it in a shipment today at 12pm or 3pm EST
minersny{FU}
+0|6722
anybody look in xfire yet? there are people on the Japan server in devil
s perch....it 1am wednesday in japan though i guess they were released there time 1pm....?!?!

p.s.  33 minutes till release.... 34 till i have to be back at work......erghhhh
Buzerk1
+44|6827
I downloaded it, but the game is available in Futureshop in Canada now... just came back from the store... I should have waited and get from the store.
fizz85
+1|6780|Voice of reason
I downloaded it also. I know that is not in any store in the Atlanta area becuase I spent have the morning trying to find an XBOX 360. I did not see BF2:SF anywhere. I did see open shelf space.
stevey5036
+0|6765
sucks for you guys.. my EB had it at 10 this morning
fizz85
+1|6780|Voice of reason
lol but no servers
XBoughtonX
+2|6813|North Texas
A friend of mine preordered it through EA to get the free shirt and shipping (as did I). He saw the popup in the game and canceled his order through EA and purchased the download.
He says the files are almost ready to be downloaed and he just got a shipping confirmation from EA and UPS with his tracking number... that figures, he's gettng the best of both worlds.
Buzerk1
+44|6827
Installing as we speak
Buzerk1
+44|6827
Ok... anyone tried to install too? I got a failed install because it's asking for the Disk#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the BF2 Disk because that's the one I have in my disk drive!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard