Fritzables
+1|6502
Hi All,

I am pretty new to BF2 (one week) and noticed that this weekend when I log onto various BF2 servers that once the verification is complete - BF2 shuts down and I end up with my XP desktop.

Is this due to poor PINGS or is there something more sinister going on ??

Fritzables.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6657|Washington DC

Fritzables wrote:

Hi All,

I am pretty new to BF2 (one week) and noticed that this weekend when I log onto various BF2 servers that once the verification is complete - BF2 shuts down and I end up with my XP desktop.

Fritzables.
Welcome to BF2!   These crashes happen to all of us, and tend to be more common for some and less common for others ... the crashes were introduced with the 1.3 patch.  Currently, DICE / EA are working on a 1.4 patch and we are all hoping that these crashes will be fixed.

BTW, you will also notice that servers frequently crash with the 1.3 patch.  Suddenly, you will see a message saying that you have a connection problem, and then you are out of the game and searching for a new server.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745

Fritzables wrote:

Hi All,

Fritzables.
Are you sure it doesn't crash when you hit join server? if it crashes on it own with out you hitting that button its time for a reinstall with the full 1.3 patch.

If it crashes when you hit join server. go to options and setup the auto join feature and after it verifies just hit Esc to load the server.
Fritzables
+1|6502
Thanks team.....

It dosen't happen every time but when it does happen it generally happens after I hit the JOIN then go to suit up with what squad I wish to join.

Other times it's fine and that's why I was wondering if it was a server issue or not.

I will monitor over this week and see how it all tuens out.

Take Care...
Fritzables.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard