Do you have an ATI Graphics card or a NVIDIA Graphics Card

Ati50%50% - 59
Nvidia47%47% - 56
Integrated1%1% - 2
Total: 117
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6740
I have a 256MB ATI Graphics card and for some reason when i turn the graphics on BF2 high the game slows down. I am wondering if it is just the way ATI cards work or am I doing something wrong. Also would like to know what cards the BF2S community uses.

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2005-11-27 12:59:29)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
I got an ATI (something) yeah when i turn my graphics on Highi get an error message so i keep it on low
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

*TS*tphai wrote:

I got an ATI (something) yeah when i turn my graphics on Highi get an error message so i keep it on low
It's not just ATI graphics cards period, it must be the model you guys are using. I run everything on BF2 on high and I use an ATI X850 (I think) and it's not slow at all.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-
I have an nVidia at present. I used to have an ATI 9800 PRO, but it just didn't cut it, so I went with a 7800 GT.
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6847
Nvidia 6800GT for me, everything on high with no stutter except on the Daqing Oil Fields.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6755

Yup, I gots an Apollo GeForce 6800, and I would recommend nVidia over ATi any day...have you overclocked your gfx card yet? It makes a big difference, trust me...Besides, what other kind of stuff are you running?
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
yeah i was gonna get Nvida but i didnt for some reason i guess lower price?
ArkAng37
+1|6844|San Antonio, TX

Ronball9 wrote:

Nvidia 6800GT for me, everything on high with no stutter except on the Daqing Oil Fields.
Yea i have some friends that use the 6800GT and they love it. I my self have gotten to play BF2 with a 6800 and I too love it! So nvida
CackNBallz
+45|6742|Toronto, Canada
I have an ATI 256 MB X800 XL.  It does everything pretty smoothly at medium settings except for daqing oil fields where it slows to a crawl to 19 to 31 frames per second.
Possum61
+9|6748|Philly PA USA

ArkAng37 wrote:

Ronball9 wrote:

Yea i have some friends that use the 6800GT and they love it. I my self have gotten to play BF2 with a 6800 and I too love it! So nvida
Same here  Nvida 6800GT, But all maps work fine for me
General_Nuts
+1|6770
It's more of a personal preference as far as which manufacturer to go with for a graphics card.  It might not be an issue anymore, but in the past I know Nvidia cards didnt work too well with some Athalon Processors, which limited me to using ATi with my ancient setup.
RVS-Valve
+0|6739
I have an ATI 256 MB X800 XL.  It does everything pretty smoothly at medium settings except for daqing oil fields where it slows to a crawl to 19 to 31 frames per second.
I have the same card, official ATI and AGP, and my computer runs everything maxed with only a gig of RAM at 1024. I haven't messed around with it much, but I'm sure I could bump the res higher if I had a little more RAM. That's basically all it comes down to is RAM. I'm only using an Athlon XP 2500+.
frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6763
Is it even possible to run bf2 on integrated video?

Also, 6800 256mb
RVS-Valve
+0|6739
Is it even possible to run bf2 on integrated video?
lol, BF2 at 400x300, very low settings. I once played CS on a computer that could just barely handle it at that res. Like an 8MB integrated.

I believe I've seen a mobo or two that has 128MB integrated graphics (shared, of course). I'm sure you could play on the lowest settings.
DaBigDragon
+3|6739|USA
i've got an ATI Radeon 9600xt 256 MB, runs BF2 at medium settings with anti-aliasing at 4x with no problems what-so-ever.
banndontv
+-1|6747
your graphics card is not the only thing impacting fps.  Im sick of people saying they are getting poor fps with their brand new $600 card with their 5 year old CPU/Mobo/Ram combo. (not a stab at anyone posting in this thread btw )

anyway as it is now you cant really go wrong with either manufacturer.  Just be sure youre getting the most out of your money for what you want to do.  The only reason i went Nvidia for my card was the great warranty BFG offers on their cards.
twister200
+1|6732
ATI X850 XT...As RVS mentioned, RAM could make a big difference, even with the newer generation of cards.  2GB of RAM and the X850, for example, gets you consistently smooth results, even with all settings on high.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6738|Finland
NVIDIA of course... I have Gainward 6600 GT GS. I have everything low/off except distance is 100, Geometry is High and Texture Filtering is High. This computer can handle if I have everything medium but I just don't want that. You can see farer with this setups and you see everything much better too
theoflow
+1|6757
Nvidia cards work best with BF2 at the moment.  The new line of ATI cards, X1800's are suppossed to be really good, but the prices are not competitive compared to 7800's.

And this is coming from an ATI fan.
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
i have an Ati x800 pro 256 mb
Works pretty well.   
Well i prefer ati over nvidia at the moment.  but i am lookin at the 7800gt at the moment
CackNBallz
+45|6742|Toronto, Canada

RVS-Valve wrote:

I have the same card, official ATI and AGP, and my computer runs everything maxed with only a gig of RAM at 1024. I haven't messed around with it much, but I'm sure I could bump the res higher if I had a little more RAM. That's basically all it comes down to is RAM. I'm only using an Athlon XP 2500+.
Ya mine is official ATi as well, and AGP 8x. 1 GB of DDR RAM, and a 2.4 GHz P4...

Hmmm... Do you have a soundcard? My sound is integrated on the motherboard.  I find that the game freezes up and lags when there are too many sounds, going on, especially with the voice preset radio communication.
Pig_Fooker
+1|6737|Temecula, CA
nVidia 6800GT.  I also suggest running a sound card that supports Hardware acceleration.  SATA drives that are always defragmented are a plus, performance can hinge on your drive(s) assuming your board supports SATA.  My boss has two nVidia 7200 SLI'ed together, but thats only a dream for most of us.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
for games i prefer GeForce over Radeon for the simple fact that the GeForce chip has been designed for games and Radeon is more for web designing software and business. Dont get me wrong tho Radeon will still play BF2 VERY well (depending on the card and other hardware).

BTW Pig Fooker, my mate has 2 7800 Ultras SLI together (the rich bastard)

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2005-11-21 22:38:35)

Pig_Fooker
+1|6737|Temecula, CA
I know, -101-InvaderZim, money can by you happiness .  Why can't I buy happiness?  Oh yeah, I make an average living.
4lter_3go
+1|6746|Leighton Barracks, Germany
NVIDIA SLI BABY!!!11!!!11

2x 7800GTX KO AS3 (eVGA)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard