eagles1106
+269|6580|Marlton, New Jersey.
you should do it,  theyre getting theyre getting points in a gay way,and theyre getting badges a lot better then other people
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6508
more people than I can count have had their stats reset for playing on knife pistol servers,  I know personelly a player that was reset 2x in a week for just this behavior..

so dont risk it..

Indian
Sr7
+1|6599
lmfao that would be a perfect idea. Get a group together dedicated to messing people up in K/P illegal servers. But I'd be afraid of being caught in a SS and with the highest score no one would know that you weren't knifing. Probably a bad idea for your own sake, but you shouldn't be reported if you're playing the game as its intended to be played.

Last edited by Sr7 (2006-07-20 13:24:03)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6747|Chicago.
As long as you slaughtered them, I don't care.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6656|H3ITWP
i play these servers all the time
i actually made a post(if you wanna see it search for 'EA can go suck a fart out of my ass') about how i think they should be allowed and i got flamed to high heaven
and i got negative karma out the ass but who cares? i never had anything happen to me and i publicy admit to it.
SteikeTa
+153|6744|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Hehe, i dont care that people play on those servers actually, but it is fun to go there and play normaly. Get tanks and shoot the crap out of everyone. Damn that pisses them off. HAHAHA
Fun to watch someone starting to shoot at you with their gun and you are thinking: ow damn, he almost got me there, well: BOOM.. he didnt
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6829
I think it would be fun to make a new account, go into a P&K server and then glitch the hotel and own with the LMGs xD JUST to piss them off. watch them say "zomg ur cheating11!!!@2!"
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6657|Ontario, Canada

rawls2 wrote:

...they also alter the ticket ratio wich determines length of round. That to is against ROE. So even if you play normal your still not following rules.
Forgive me for asking, but do HIGH POINTS servers that alter the ticket ratio also breach the EA policy governing ranked servers?

Does EA shut down K/P servers it finds?
aqempty
+6|6502|international waters
ok u are the fag of the day, just more statpadder than the others
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6623|The Netherlands
no thay also brimg in money
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6712|USA
I personally know tons of people that are Ranked Captain and above that have been going into Knife/Pistol servers for months racking up points and not jack shit has ever been said to them by EA and theu have not had their stats reset. I peronally don't think EA gives a shit or is going to do anything about it but I just don't want to take the chance.  Of course that's why they're all Captains, Majors, and Colonels and I'm still a Sgt. Major. LOL
SteikeTa
+153|6744|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Lets go on those servers and glitch like crazy... im in.
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6508
well we cant report them if you dont let us know who they are,  we are not mind readers...

lol
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6776|Great Brown North
i made a seperate name to go on those servers and fuck with people, its awesome GL for the win!
stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6678|Southern Indiana

SFCCDailey wrote:

I personally know tons of people that are Ranked Captain and above that have been going into Knife/Pistol servers for months racking up points and not jack shit has ever been said to them by EA and theu have not had their stats reset. I peronally don't think EA gives a shit or is going to do anything about it but I just don't want to take the chance.  Of course that's why they're all Captains, Majors, and Colonels and I'm still a Sgt. Major. LOL
Sounds like your luck is about like mine.  Everyone else can do it without being reset but I log into 1 kp server.....  pwned stats reset..... 
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6646|Washington DC

BFROE|IndianScout wrote:

well we cant report them if you dont let us know who they are,  we are not mind readers...

lol
Gosh, IndianScout, you don't have to be a mind reader ... just this morning, I was searching for a Karkand server and 4 of the top 10 Karkand servers were K&P servers, and THEY WERE ALL FULL.   If you really wanted to enforce this rule, go in there and start taking names.

EA is not resetting because there is a massive rebellion against this rule.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6505|Los Angeles, California
We should all make new profiles, and raid one K & P server. PKM anyone?
Stravromula
+4|6674|France
The problem is if we all start raiding those servers at the same time then we'd be the only one's playing and it would be back to normal. We just need one or two players on each KP server fucking up the game for all the padders.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6526|Boston, MA
I do that all the time, it's so fun.

I don't see why you'd get your stats wiped though. The server should get closed but as long as you're playing the normal way, you shouldn't get your stats wiped. I still wouldn't risk it though.
Chuckles
+32|6544

BFROE|IndianScout wrote:

lol
No offense IndianScout, but I'm pretty sure you really don't care about these servers because it wouldn't be too difficult for you to make them disappear.  You could get a hundred names of people playing on these servers in 15 minutes if you wanted to, but every time I log in I see loads of these servers without even searching for them.  If you guys were really that concerned about them they wouldn't be able to exist in their current state because you'd have people getting reset constantly and demand for those servers would go down.  It seems to me like EA doesn't really want to anger their customers so they turn a blind eye to it.  Why BFROE doesn't police it more heavily is a mystery to me.  I think actions speak louder than words, and it seems to me that you guys are light on actions.

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-07-21 09:27:11)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6627|USA
isnt there a play now option which puts you in a server...is there a way that could put you in a k/p server??
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6718|Indianapolis, IN
I went into one by accident a few months ago and while in it I took the screenshots that they ask for and everything and nothing ever came of it.  So does EA really care, NO.

But while in, I felt like ruining there day, so as USMC, I capped MEC out on a 64 player sized map.  So much fun.
a fly
+105|6640|The netherlands

Stravromula wrote:

So I played on a knives and pistols today and just owned the place. Used up all my machine guns, nade launchers you name it. Got a vet badge and a ribbon to boot. No admins on and they couldn't muster enough votes to kick me.

Now my question is, is it OK to go in there and rape those tards for not respecting the ROE or would I risk getting wiped for just being in there.
and the point to this is????           please, go out, buy a life, someone respecting roe???? what happend in the week that i was away, did ea pay you?
BCspeed34
+6|6555
Why does it even matter? Are you just trying to find a way of easy points by entering banned servers and taking advantage of PK'ers? If so, you should be wiped. Your stats are being grown enourmously with your tactics of taking down basically sitting ducks. Killing a man that has a pistol or knife in hand with a nade, how very sportsmanlike...
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6651
So many people keeping mentioning ROE and that the servers are illegal for restircting weapons and changing rules etc.  How about rules on normal servers??  Commanders aren't allowed to use vehicles; no attacking/arty on uncapable bases; no spawn/base raping; no cartillary; only spec-ops/snipers allowed to attack mains; etc.  Restrictions are set in place on almost every server I've played on and those restrictions are not in the ROE so why are those any different from p/k servers?  I've seen many people kicked/banned for violating those rules...rules of the server not of EA.  So why wouldn't players/admin following or enforcing those rules get an earfull from EA or get stats wiped?  If a commander is not allowed to use vehicles isn't that in direct violation of the ROE?

I say, rules are posted and you know what you're getting into (in most cases) before the round starts.  If you don't like it...leave.  But EA isn't going to waste the money or time it would take to check on the rules or enforcement of those rules by admin on every server out there.

I actually played a p/k server for the first time over the weekend.  There was a guy using a PKM who got banned pretty quick, admin was on and constantly keeping watch on things.  The round lasted a long ass time but not because the ticket ratio was adjusted.  They were on Karkand and part of the game is that US forces only take the hotel.  That way the tickets don't count down for one team having all flags, they just count down for kills and it keeps the spawn points closer.  Regardless, it was a totally different game and it was a blast.  But because the rounds last so long, you can get huge scores per round and pistol and knife badges are not the only thing...resuply and medic are pretty easy to get too.  I say play your ass off and if you don't like them, go to a different server.  Personally, I think if you want to go in with a tank and kill them all, that's pretty much the same as going on a "normal" server and spawn raping.

All I'm saying is try it...for real try it.  Not with a pkm or apc.  Ranked or unranked just see how you do.

Last edited by MastersMom (2006-07-31 12:41:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard