wozza1983
+2|6509
While i am on battlefield machine keeps turning off.

Machine Spec.
Its a laptop, if that makes any difference at all.
Acer Travelmate 4651
1.6 Ghz Intel Pentium M
2GB RAM
NVidia Gefore Go 6600 Graphics Card

Has anyone experienced this problem before, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Lunatic_480
+4|6549
Is the Geforce Go 66000 Graphics Card supported bij BF2. I do known that the regular GF 6600GT is. You could chec you specs. on your graphic card too, if it is supporting Pixel Shader 1.4.
eagles1106
+269|6600|Marlton, New Jersey.
i use a 6600 and run fine...
although mine might be the other one, not sure
wozza1983
+2|6509
as far as im aware mate, i think it would be pixel shader 3, is this wrong info or is it ok?
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6597
I'll help you out a little bit here.  Laptops are bad about this.  How old is the laptop?  If it is turning off completely, then it's overheating.  I had a sony that after a couple years, started shutting off while playing games, then it would crap out after doing basically nothing more than leaving it on for a few minutes.  I cracked it open and just had dust caked all over the processor.  Clean it out if you can, if it's still under warranty or if you have a protection plan or something take it in and have them clean it.  10-1 that's your problem...
pvtmoustacheride
5 cents
+11|6619|Iowa, USA
ya i actually had a laptop that did that too...it was a couple of years old and actually they told me part of the motherboard was fried and not working right and i had to junk it.  Thats all I got for ya
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6769

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

I'll help you out a little bit here.  Laptops are bad about this.  How old is the laptop?  If it is turning off completely, then it's overheating.  I had a sony that after a couple years, started shutting off while playing games, then it would crap out after doing basically nothing more than leaving it on for a few minutes.  I cracked it open and just had dust caked all over the processor.  Clean it out if you can, if it's still under warranty or if you have a protection plan or something take it in and have them clean it.  10-1 that's your problem...
what he said..
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6649|Derby, England

wozza1983 wrote:

While i am on battlefield machine keeps turning off.

Machine Spec.
Its a laptop, if that makes any difference at all.
Acer Travelmate 4651
1.6 Ghz Intel Pentium M
2GB RAM
NVidia Gefore Go 6600 Graphics Card

Has anyone experienced this problem before, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks
do a scan for virus bro see what comes up I get filling is more of PC related and not BF2

Peace Boris
wozza1983
+2|6509
thanks for all your help guys, i will try all of these suggestions, am after a pc anyway so hopefully sort that out proper.

Again cheers guys.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6597
Good luck, if it shuts off, it's definitely overheating...
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6576|The real world
It shuts off, mines does it to, although I removed the sidepanel and got a fan on the side of it, doesnt help at all, where can I get a good free virusscanner?
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6561|42
AVG Free is pretty good.. http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-vi … /us/tpl/v5

And ZoneAlarm is a good firewall (Free):

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/c … mp;lang=sv

If you dont want to pay for it..these are pretty good.

Des.Kmal
+917|6635|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Overheating, that happened to me not 10 minutes ago.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
strikeman67
+5|6630
I use a Gateway MX7515 laptop to play BF2.  I purchased a Targus notebook chill mat because the laptop get really hot after a few hours.  This has two fans and is USB powered.  This or like products could be the solution too.  The cost was $30.00 FYI.
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6673|Denver, CO
A machine shutting itself off is a defense system of the processor.  Buy a can of dust off, blow out your system, and try again.  Also, make sure all of your fans are still working.  If too much dust accumulates in the fans, they can stop working entirely.

If these steps fail, consider getting a bigger/louder/faster CPU fan to cool it down.

Last edited by Lt.Garbo (2006-07-19 13:04:14)

Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6661|Somewhere in the shadows
Do they make liquid cooling systems for laptops???
comet241
+164|6782|Normal, IL
overheating or the power supply. you may need to upgrade the power supply, i had to do the same cause my machine was doing the exact same thing.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

Smackin_U wrote:

Do they make liquid cooling systems for laptops???
No, how would you get the tubes inside it?  Lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6673|Denver, CO

comet241 wrote:

overheating or the power supply. you may need to upgrade the power supply, i had to do the same cause my machine was doing the exact same thing.
Agreed.  When I said check the fans, check ALL the fans.

When my parent's computer was turning itself off - it was the CPU fan not running.  Spent $30 for a new fan - fixed it.
When my roommate's computer was turning itself off - it was the Power Supply fan.  Bought a new power supply - fixed it.

Check ALL the fans.  Also, since it's a laptop, try simply propping the back of your laptop up off of the table with a book or something to allow more airflow.  That could fix it entirely as well.

Last edited by Lt.Garbo (2006-07-19 16:05:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard