t0mhank5
+319|6710|Surge
no, i think EA is no longer actively changing the rank. i think it automatically changed to the next highest sgt. maj. and will not change each month, because i saw keroro's stats during may, june, and he was still SMOTC.
Not
Great success!
+216|6574|Chandler, AZ

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

OK, 2 people just gave me +1 karma. Shows yourself and the favour shall be returned (yeh ~not~ i know you left your name but i cant be bothered to look for you!)
Here I am =P
c0ldfyr3
+23|6665|Ireland

OrangeHound wrote:

Currently, there is no SMOTC according to this reference.   I believe that EA only upgrades the SMOTC once a month and apparently their system hasn't determined a new SMOTC since the last SMOTC was promoted.

Hope this saves some tedius searching ....
That referance only counts people in their own database.
IE: People who have used their website to check their stats. Hence the really low count of players.
t0mhank5
+319|6710|Surge
i am predicting that this guy will become the next SMOTC, i think hes playing with a pre-1.2 patch. http://bf2s.com/player/43604398/
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6683|Seattle

t0mhank5 wrote:

no, i think EA is no longer actively changing the rank. i think it automatically changed to the next highest sgt. maj. and will not change each month, because i saw keroro's stats during may, june, and he was still SMOTC.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but Kerero wasn't playing during that time. (look at his history graph)
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6507|Minnesota eh
holy shit that guy is good
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

OK I have a weird question - if sgt.keroro[keron].  has kept SMOTC for severla months bc he never logged on with it --- How did he rack up the points for full bird Col. ?????????
I don't get it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eagles1106
+269|6582|Marlton, New Jersey.

t0mhank5 wrote:

ok, to sort of answer all your wonderings, the SMOTC was for several months, sgt.keroro[keron]. stats: http://bf2s.com/player/43604398/ hes an oman jet whore who is outstandingly good and stopped playing with the 1.2 patch because of the changes to jets, i assume. he played yesterday and ranked up to colonel, so i dont know who (if anyone) has the rank now. probably the next sgt major will be a guy who didnt play post-1.2 and didnt rank up to 2nd LT.
tom nobody would not play after 1.2 because of the jet changes, he did it probably because he was the only one in the world and wanted to keep the rank a while, its most logical, not because of what they did to the jets....
eagles1106

SEREMAKER wrote:

OK I have a weird question - if sgt.keroro[keron].  has kept SMOTC for severla months bc he never logged on with it --- How did he rack up the points for full bird Col. ?????????
I don't get it
because back before 1.2 with the addition of the ranks above 2nd lt,  Sergeant major was all the way up near 150k to 200k points if i remeber correctly, so by dling the new patch and logging in, it automatically changed his rank due to the fact that the ranks and point reqs were changed

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-07-18 21:59:30)

eagles1106
do you get it now?^^^^^
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

ohhhhhhhhhhhh thanks I'll get u +1 karma
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6582|England
OK people are getting confused here. Lets clarify.

That japanese guy sgt.keroro[keron] had the rank for many months (probably as eagles said playing on an earlier patch). He then finally decided to log in and lost the rank, as he was promoted to colonel (with the new rankings change).

Now at the end of the month an new SMotC may be awarded, we will have to wait and see.

(i think thats k)
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6663

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Search Police are as bad as the BF Police.
Yeh i know, all most as bad as the karma police (sorry, i like Radiohead!)
Omg liek +1 to you, because I was listening to karma police while reading this, it is the ownage.  I love you.
eagles1106

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

That japanese guy sgt.keroro[keron] had the rank for many months (probably as eagles said playing on an earlier patch). He then finally decided to log in and lost the rank, as he was promoted to colonel (with the new rankings change).

Now at the end of the month an new SMotC may be awarded, we will have to wait and see.

(i think thats k)
nobodies getting confused, i explained it perfectly in the first post on this page, mmk bro?

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-07-19 00:26:41)

=Karma-Kills=
+356|6582|England

eagles1106 wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

(i think thats k)
nobodies getting confused, i explained it perfectly in the first post on this page, mmk bro?
Well better to have more detial then less... mmmmmmmk!
eagles1106
my "detailing skills" were perfectly fine
and i like to say mmmmk like mr. mackey from south park for those who have seen him in action on the show
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6582|England
well mmmmmmmmmk mr slave (aka eagles), for the benefit of the class i thought i would repeat what you said
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6671|Houston, Texas
its posts like these which forced the admins to remove negative karma.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6624|Quebec city, Canada
and that was a good decision
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6582|England

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

its posts like these which forced the admins to remove negative karma.
LMAO. And what are you trying to imply by that comment.....?!

-=raska=- wrote:

and that was a good decision
Amen to that!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6647|Washington DC

OK, if you are looking for predictions, here are the two highest ranking Sergent Majors (likely playing with patches before there were officers):

Zied<94> with about 103,000 points

xichnik(RUS)@rus with 86,000 points

SJX666 has 113,000 points .... probably won't qualify since he is a Gunnery Sergeant rather than a Sergeant Major, and there is something screwy with his stats
Camski
+1|6706|Sydney, Australia
i was just wondering, the 3 people you posted, are interesting.

They all played this month....
I'm thinking wtf???

And what's screwy with SJX666?

BTW, maybe EA are trying to eliminate this problem of players keeping their old rank from previous patches so that current players can receive the SMOTC rank.

Camski
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

It isnt awarded to the highest point sergeant major, but it is awarded randomly to any sergeant major.
OrangeHound

Bernadictus wrote:

It isnt awarded to the highest point sergeant major, but it is awarded randomly to any sergeant major.
Ummm ... I don't know where you came up with this ... I believe it has always gone to the highest point Sergeant Major, and I also believe that EA has stated that the SMOTC is awarded to the highest performing SM.
OrangeHound

Camski wrote:

i was just wondering, the 3 people you posted, are interesting.

They all played this month....
I'm thinking wtf???
They are likely not playing with the current 1.3 patch ... probably a 1.12 or something like that before there were officers (I can't remember which patch introduced officers).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard