stef
+-6|6790
if anyone wants to say anything about this please read it all for your own sake.
stef
+-6|6790
hmmmmmm if EA leaves bf2 behind with its errors and let sf be complete what are you gonna buy.
stef
+-6|6790
you learn by your mistakes.
Rakasan
+7|6879|California, USA
Jesus, 3 posts in a row.  Try edit or delete!  I don't think BF2 is going down, it's just an expansion.... I predict a lock.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-20 08:19:37)

stef
+-6|6790
sorry about the post it went over but have you reed all the things i made
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6816|NRW,Germany
I read every of your posts but in the end EA won´t be able to focus only on SF as they will loose the BF2 players and if they decide to stop BF2 support I think there will be several lawsuits (even in Germany)

By the way:
Even if they want to support SF only they will have to fix the bugs in BF2 as SF uses the BF2 engine wich contains the actual bugs like the red nametag or the server browser problems.

Last edited by Tigg@lot (2005-11-20 08:29:16)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6824|The Hague, Holland

Tigg@lot wrote:

I read every of your posts but in the end EA won´t be able to focus only on SF as they will loose the BF2 players and if they decide to stop BF2 support I think there will be several lawsuits (even in Germany)

By the way:
Even if they want to support SF only they will have to fix the bugs in BF2 as SF uses the BF2 engine wich contains the actual bugs like the red nametag or the server browser problems.
I wonder who would win in a lawsuit, EA or the dissapointed BF2 community.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6890|"Frisco"

B.S. It's an expansion, not a replacement.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6783|Vermont
That blatantly isn't going to happen.  That's just EA trying to sell Special Forces.  It is the customers (us) who decide whether or not BF2 will die, not EA execs.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6786|Malaga, España
first off all this is really a stupid Topic about BF2 going down , lol what a joke hahahaha.

i played a lot of games with there expansion attached to it, but always i could play the original one.

the only thing what is going to change is a new icon in one of the 3d party Server locators like ASE, and that icon will be a green BF2 sign of SF expansion.
and maybe some of your favorite servers will be changing to the BF2: SF verion. so thats is what really going to change . but i still think BF2 will be played more then SF. coz really i thing the games sucks big time

Reasons:

*the gameplay is raped, Battlefield is about WAR, not a Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon Look a like style of game.
*I personal hate the new Armies , in place that they are an ARMY they have become COMMANDOS god dammit then i buy Ghos Recon if i wanna be a Commando. or maybe Farcry would suit me better.

so i do not going to buy SF coz i think its crap. if u disagree about that? fine , suit urself

What would be a better expansion:

*The new armies like the Arab rebels and the Russians are a good choice, more maps and more vehicules but in the art of WAR people!

p.s. do not always believe online interviews!

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-11-20 08:48:48)

stef
+-6|6790
EAs strategy is to get so many as possible to buy SF which is not unnormal but they want to press the customers to buy SF as much as possible.

1. make the two games come together by making that patch somebody says thats coming so people who has SF will have an advantage. thats the main one. BF2 wont be forgotten compleatly by EA they want to explode it as much as possible so they gonna press us to buy SF through that patch, ofcourse they cant stop Battlefield but they want to explode it. and now I dont wanna discuse this any more maybe I am wrong and getting freaking paranoid but are you gonna buy it.

Last edited by stef (2005-11-20 10:36:46)

Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6883|Scotland!
(TMC)Gonzo
+0|6799
I agree with toro pretty dumb topic. bf2 isnt going to die, and by the way theres a lot of us that are ready for new maps, vehicles etc. I got somewhere around 350 hours played already, so i feel i already got my moneys worth.

For those who just bought bf2 a few months ago just play it for a while when your ready for sf GET IT!!!!! over all its a great game even with the bugs   and whats up with the 20 posts on one subject    LOL

Rakasan How do you knife 125 people in 13 minutes without paddin     I thought your stats were honest for a brief moment....

https://bf2s.com/player/44847337/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44847337/sig5.png   <--EXPERT
https://bf2s.com/player/44847337/sig3.png        KNIFE
https://bf2s.com/player/44847337/awards.jpg

Last edited by (TMC)Gonzo (2005-11-20 11:19:29)

Home
Section.80
+447|6890|Seattle, Washington, USA

OK, so basically the expansion is going to be BF2, but in the server menu there will be servers playing SF maps rather than plain old BF2 maps? So if I wanted to, I could play the ole' Strike at Karkand on server 1, disconnect, join server 2 and play with night vision and new maps?
{DS}Serge
+-1|6776
If its all true, boycott SF
SlickWRX
+6|6785
No offense stef but your writing skills are so poor that I don't to read anything else you write.

EA is not "applying" that BF2 is "going down".  They're just saying that they like the new features in the expansion and if they went back to good old BF2 then they would miss the expansion features.  The way I see it is I will never miss the expansion features until after I play the expansion.  I want them to fix the goddamn red teammate bug which the have failed to address in any of the patches before I buy the expansion.  Its had this problem since launch.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6816|Golden, CO
I hate to be a pedant and a spelling/grammar nazi, but surely the title should be "EA implies that bf2 is going down." right?
SlickWRX
+6|6785

deject wrote:

I hate to be a pedant and a spelling/grammar nazi, but surely the title should be "EA implies that bf2 is going down." right?
I imagine thats what he meant.  I can deal with a typo here and there but this guy...
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6797
I read before thta while DICE will be focusing more on SF they will continue to support BF2 & make patches etc
AlphaDrake
+10|6825|Edmonton
Dont you mean IMply?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6817|Noizyland

you know, if EA gave me a computer so I'd be able to PLAY their fucking games, I wouldn't mind them changing all the time. Chances are I'd be a big customer of theirs.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Buzerk1
+44|6878
At the moment, game server are sold seperatly.... the market will decide if BF2 dies and is replace by BF2:SF.

If the player base still play BF2, then BF2 will survive. EA has nothing to do with it. Look at the MOH series.

People are getting way too emotional over this BF2:SF expension.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-11-20 16:27:22)

frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6805
There's no way they'd do that.

Look, people are still playing bf1942, right?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6886|Bryan/College Station, TX
New Patch that is coming out for BF2 to syncronize it with SF is going allow people to use some of the things coming out in SF.

Ziplines and Grappling hooks will be useable in normal BF2.

Maps that are unique to SF will only be accessible by people who have SF installed.

2nd Tier weapons may be available for BF2 as well as SF. Not sure.

Read about it here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4906

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-11-20 20:08:08)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
vedds
+52|6797|Christchurch New Zealand

(TMC)Gonzo wrote:

Rakasan How do you knife 125 people in 13 minutes without paddin     I thought your stats were honest for a brief moment....
I would imagine you pull your knife out just as you are about to cut someone up. and put it away pretty much straight away.

13:01 x 60 seconds = 781 seconds

781/123 = 6.35 seconds per kill

his worst enemy is like 9 or 10 kills. and the guy has 300 hours in game. a fair bit of it spent armour whoring at karkand.

I dont think hes been stat-padding man. I think its pretty rough to accuse him of padding because you didnt stop to think about it. Why does everybody scream padder or hack at the drop of a hat?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard