fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands
next tuesday (the 22nd) the next patch arrives (1.12)
so it says on http://www.battlefield2.nl/

because i know most of you dont speak dutch i'll translate (as good as possible)

Patch v1.12
==============================

IMPORTANT
- When you install patch 1.12 for Battlefield before you installed Special Forces expansion. you will have to install patch 1.12 again in order to play on servers updated to 1.12

IMPROVEMENTS

- Crash solved when players switch weapon with the mousewheel, while sitting in a jet (SU-34, F-15 and J10).
- In the map The Iron Gator the grapplinghook and zip-line have been removed from the kits.
- Loadingscreens for singleplayer noiw show the signature for map choise.
- Players now can click the awards for BF2:SF in the menu's and read the recommendations.
- The browser shows BF2:SF severs with a green 2-icon
- Improvement in sticking of the zip line and grappling hook.
- Problem with the damagestatus icon for artillery on the 3D map solved. this problem occured when the artilley was beeing destroyed

CHANGES IN THE VIDEO CARD CRITERIA
- GeForce FX 5900 series:
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900XT
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900ZT
GeForce PCX 5900
- With these cards the standard video settings are set to LOW.

GRAPPLING HOOK
the GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the assault- and anti-tankkits.
You throw it with the controls for primary and secondary weapon.
Press 'E'to grab the rope and releasing it. you climb with the directionkeys.
You can attach it on all static objects in the world and not on terrain and vehicles.
With all assault an anti-tankkits you can pick up any grappling hook als the ones of the enemy team, as long as you don't already own one.

ZIP LINE
- The zip line is part of the spec. ops. and sniper kits.
You fire the rope with the left mouse button, with the right mouse button you check if the object is suitible for connection. When the rope is attached you can climb it with 'E'. You will automaticly slide down. With all Spec. Ops. and sniper kits you can pick up a Zip Line even the enemy ones.
As long as you don't already have a Zip line.

SPECIFIC CHARASTERICTICS OF BATTLEFIELD 2(tm): SPECIAL FORCES

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE ADD-ON AND MULTIPLAYER
- With Battlefield 2:Special Forces you also install a new update. With this new content you can no longer play with users of Battlefield 2 1.03 via internet or LAN.

You need update 1.1 or later to play with players who only own Battlefield 2.

- In order to play Special Forces with multiple people on the internet you will need to download the most new update from EA.

NIGHT VISION
- NIGHT VISON is standard binded to the '7'-button when you activate it you will be able to see more clearly in dark areas. It works on a battery that slowly empty's while use and regenerates when night vision is turned off.

GRAPPLING HOOK
the GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the assault- and anti-tankkits.
You throw it with the controls for primary and secondary weapon.
Press 'E'to grab the rope and releasing it. you climb with the directionkeys.
You can attach it on all static objects in the world and not on terrain and vehicles.
With all assault an anti-tankkits you can pick up any grappling hook als the ones of the enemy team, as long as you don't already own one.

ZIP LINE
- The zip line is part of the spec. ops. and sniper kits.
You fire the rope with the left mouse button, with the right mouse button you check if the object is suitible for connection. When the rope is attached you can climb it with 'E'. You will automaticly slide down. With all Spec. Ops. and sniper kits you can pick up a Zip Line even the enemy ones.
As long as you don't already have a Zip line.

FLASHBANG
- With FLASHBANG you can blind other players it is used the sme way as a hand-grenade.
When it explodes everyone in the area will be blinded als victims on greater distance watching the explosion.

TEARGAS
- TEARGAS hangs in a area for a while. When active everyone in the cloud is affected. Victims get blinded and can no longer sprint. use the gasmask (default key '8') to protect yourself againt the teargas. once affected by it, you can't use the gasmask in order to heal.
It only protects you against more teargas.

UNLOCKING (unlocks from Special Forces can be used in normal BF2)
- While on maps from Battlefield 2™: Special Forces, you have the abiltiy to unlock weapons from Battlefield 2™: Special Forces  to use them on maps from the original BF2. These unlocks are seen as second degree unlocks. The ordinary Unlocks are seen as first degree unlocks. you first must unlock the first degree weapon from a specific kit before you can unlock the second degree weapon. Like with the assault kit you first need to unlock the G3 in order to unlock the F2000 for this kit.

i3d.nl - EA Trusted Partner
TIJD VOOR HET HERLADEN VAN GRIJPHAKEN EN TOKKELTOUWEN
- Het duurt ongeveer 15 seconden om grijphaken en tokkeltouwen aan te vullen bij een bevoorradingspunt.

======================
System Requirements
======================

-   Windows XP (32-bits versie)

- Processor
  Battlefield 2 supports the following processors:
  Intel Pentium 4
  Intel Xeon
  Intel Pentium Extreme Edition
  Intel Celeron D
  AMD Athlon XP
  AMD Athlon 64
  AMD Athlon 64-FX
  AMD Sempron processor

- Minimal configuration:
  Processor: 1,7 Ghz
  Memory: 512 MB
  Video card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
                   with 128 MB RAM

- Recommended configuration:
  Processor: 2.4 Ghz  Memory: 1 GB
  Video Card with minimal 256 MB memory

- Video cards
  Battlefield 2 only supports the following Video cards:
  Radeon X700 (PCIe)
  Radeon X600 (PCIe)
  GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
  GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
  GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
  ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
  ATI Radeon X800 PRO
  ATI Radeon 9800-serie
  ATI Radeon 9600-serie
  ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
  ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700-series
  ATI Radeon 8500-serie
  ATI Radeon X300-serie
  NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
  NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
  NVidia GeForce 6800
  NVidia GeForce FX 5950-serie
  NVidia GeForce FX 5900-serie
  NVidia GeForce FX 5700-serie

so this is a patch for BF2 SF before it is in stores
sdsurfer01
+0|6731
WTF
my 1.7 amd, with 512mb ram, and my 5950 ultra is goen to LAGGG so much. this goen to be fun.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6837|Scotland!
meh, I got a GeForce FX 5200 and I still run BF2 - all be it on LOW LOW LOW LOW OFF.... but it works.
wensleydale8
+81|6766|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
the things in this pact look good i hope there arent too many bugs.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6741|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

Locarno wrote:

meh, I got a GeForce FX 5200 and I still run BF2 - all be it on LOW LOW LOW LOW OFF.... but it works.
YES. A BROTHER IN SUCKINESS. ROCK ON WITH THE SUCKY 5200.
ud bslapper
+0|6774
Cant wait  spec ops now must be more feared with the stealth ability to move with Zip lines  Tanks r now toast, Wonder if you can zip line onto back of a tank the BOOM
McCullough
+7|6835

ud bslapper wrote:

Cant wait  spec ops now must be more feared with the stealth ability to move with Zip lines  Tanks r now toast, Wonder if you can zip line onto back of a tank the BOOM
That would be so cool!
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6837

Locarno wrote:

had the same card...
samstar81
Straddle my Member
+0|6755|The Netherlands
Noone here finds it strange that EA has come up with a patch for an add-on that hasn't even been released??

This kind of proves the point Speelbal was trying to make in this post http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4632

EA is just being sloppy and going for the fast buck, I think you could compare it to a kind of skimming, the same thing Sega did with their Dreamcast, now they're out of the console-market.
Ofcourse EA won't be hurt much for their sloppines because of several reasons mentioned in the aforementioned thread.

We should really expect more quality in games for which you pay this much, I'm not saying I hate the overall gameplay, I love it!!  But a lot times I've been screwed in this game because of EA's sloppiness, lots of examples also mentioned in the aforementioned thread.

That's it, I'm going to sleep.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6777|Alabama Coast, USA
Would you rather get the game and have the bugs not patched?

At some point you have to put on a code freeze and go gold...   the fact that there's already a patch just shows that they have continued to work, and will continue to work to fix any problems that are found.  This is far better than say, "Star Trek: New Worlds" from Interplay, because the second they shipped they broke up the production team, and refused to fix any of the numerous bugs that shipped.  Some of the programmers, from what I heard, wanted to keep working on bug fixes in their spare time, but were not allowed.
monkeyhunkeytunkey
+2|6738
i think patches suck ass because now on masteur city ur in blackhawk and u cnt get any points
Goose1123
I hate stupid people.
+0|6777|Illinois
There are other ways to get points.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6730|Singapore
hmm so this new patch will be available to the public via battlefield2.ea.com?
Masta_Daco
+39|6733|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
dus mag i het goed begrijpen dat als ik maandag BF2:SF koop en installeer ik eerst een patch moet downloaden en dan installeren en als ik BF2:SF installeer ik niet meer BF2 kan spele?. je hebt tog 2 cd's eentje voor BF2:SF en eentje voor BF2 dus je kan tog op ze allebei spelen of niet?.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6730|Singapore
So does bf2 have a new patch or is it a new patch for bf2? i am totally confused:P
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6840|Bryan/College Station, TX
It is a new patch for BF2 to make it compatible with some of the cross game features between the original BF2 and the Expansion pack, BF2:SF.  Essentially making some important files syncronized.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6730|Singapore

kilroy0097 wrote:

It is a new patch for BF2 to make it compatible with some of the cross game features between the original BF2 and the Expansion pack, BF2:SF.  Essentially making some important files syncronized.
Hmm so from what u said, i guess there is a patch for download on bf2 website? correct me if i am wrong
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands
EA is making us buy this game. you can unlock weapons from SF for the normal BF2 maps. so everyone who has BF2 SF is in a advantage.
because your PC doesn't know the charasterictics of the SF weapons you will pick up the normal weapon.
(a US assault with the SF weapon drops the normal M16 when he dies)
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6810

fdcp_elmo wrote:

UNLOCKING (unlocks from Special Forces can be used in normal BF2)
- While on maps from Battlefield 2™: Special Forces, you have the abiltiy to unlock weapons from Battlefield 2™: Special Forces  to use them on maps from the original BF2. These unlocks are seen as second degree unlocks. The ordinary Unlocks are seen as first degree unlocks. you first must unlock the first degree weapon from a specific kit before you can unlock the second degree weapon. Like with the assault kit you first need to unlock the G3 in order to unlock the F2000 for this kit.
AWESOME
SlickWRX
+6|6740
When the fuck are they going to fix the red teammate bug!?!?!?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6779|The Hague, Holland

SlickWRX wrote:

When the fuck are they going to fix the red teammate bug!?!?!?
Word.
section9
+9|6844|USA
The weapons unlocks will be interesting tho....nice post.Any word on what happens to your rank?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6752|The Netherlands
this is all the info i have sorry man
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6806|Canberra, Australia
Holy shit. There are 7 more unlocks.

Thank God I saved one just in case.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6840|Bryan/College Station, TX

cmdwedge wrote:

Holy shit. There are 7 more unlocks.

Thank God I saved one just in case.
They are 2nd Tier unlocks.
You have to get the normal unlock 1 Tier before able to get the 2nd Tier for that Kit.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard