el.fleisch
+52|6713|Germany
Everywhere in the forum I read that some people are against the No Vehicles Option of the patch 1.4!
If you don't know what the No Vehicles Option is: With the patch 1.4, it is possible to play maps without vehicles inside. So you have to fight with your gun and you can't use tanks, helis or aviators.

All who say NO the the new option listen to me:
It is very easy to kill a soldier with a tank, heli or aviator! Only in the real infantry fight you can show your skills! Look at YOUR stats in the section "Weapons": how many percent of your kills you've done with a real weapon? I'm sure it's < 50%! And now look the your K/D in the weapons section: I'm sure it's < 1! (or at least at lot of smaller than your K/D in the vehicle section)

All who are against the No Vehicles Option are *** **** ** **** vehicle-whores!!! And YOU know that!

The No Vehicles Option is an enrichment for the game!!

Thanks EA
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

i would love to see a no vehicle option but the one 1.4 is suppose to change everything - up the sprint, up the personal armor, theres more just can't remember what else
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6513
I hate vehicles, theres nothing worst that a tank rolling towards you as you get out your defriberators
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6538
1.4's Infantry Only Option only doubles the Stamina, nothing else is changed (Damage/Health). DICE removed the health changes in 1.4 Beta 2.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm a vehicle whore and i don't care,infact i LOVE vehicles!

Helis,Jets,Tanks and APCS=FUN!

Vehicles account for 54% of my kills....and guess what I DON'T CARE!
Mike_J
+68|6639
You could go as far as to say using weapons are cowardly.  Preaching about skills...pfft.
pndragon26
+23|6656
No vehicles.... then what makes the BF series different from all the other FPS? However, I have played and enjoyed Infantry only, but the whole "The No Vehicles Option is an enrichment for the game!!" is bull. What are you going to complain about if you still get beat all the time now?
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
no i love vehicles! over 70% of all my kills are in an vehicle i love em.
and ofcourse you're right that is anoying when an tank is roling towards you when you just about to revive somebody but hey: get out the karkand only servers, or spawn anti-tank! As im called an vehicle wore, i can say form expierence: players that use their kits good and skilled can make it very difficult for an tank/helo/etc.
Or get an tank yourself and blow the enemy tank to pieces! that's the first task of an tank in game!
most people who are crying about planewhores etc can't fly shit themselfs, or most people who are crying about helowhores, cant fly shit.... their stats say the most: 12 min aviator, 1 hour helo and 70% of their playtime on karkand... or other city maps.

:p just saying what is on my mind,

']['error
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6553|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Why does everyone think infantry skills is the only way to be "1337".  I am mostly infantry myself as I will only use helis and planes when they are not in big demand or the other team has shitty pilots.  This game has always been about vehicles and is the major draw to the game.  That and it will totally skew any stats, so why bother even having a stats system is everyone is just going to go infantry only in karkand with all medics?  They really better make it unranked...
Dagriz
+1|6463
well.i hope that this infantry only mode will not look like knife and pistol server.dancing hopping bunny clown everywhere :clear.ccccc..clear clear.hold on ..clear
                                                             just a tought....
kuntpunch_37
Banned
+7|6464|Little Rock, Arkansas bitches
nobody was bitching about the fact that ea was working on an infantry only option, dumbass.  the only thing people were complaining about was the fact that ea was screwing up the health and stamina and stuff.  in the 1.4 beta, it took 3 grenades to kill someone.  that's retarded.  however, as somebody above pointed out, they fixed that in beta 2.  nobody's really been complaining about it anymore, because if you want to play in vehicles, just don't get in those servers.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6463|Berlin, Germany
if u dont like vehicles go play CS. They belong to BF like weapons to CS. The Inf-only mod is fun to play but the maps are to large. they should at least include jeeps and transport choppers...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Heres the thing - BF2 is great because it has an all encompassing appeal to it as far as warfare game play.  You can be in a tank, heli, jet, command, go in a squad, rambo, etc.  That is the one thing that sets it apart from the 100 other FPS'.  That is a major reason why so many people play it.  Infantry only is a nice option, a little change of pace.  I like getting in vehicles, and I like fighting on the ground.  If I want some serious groundpounding, I will join an infantry-only server.  If I want BF2 like I bought it, I will join a normal server.  Seeing as a good amount of people like playing in vehicles, why would you think every server would be infantry-only?  If anything, there will be less 24/7 Karkand maps, because those will change to I/O servers.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-07-18 12:38:46)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6709|Omaha, Nebraska
Is this counter strike?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois
I'm a vehicle whore and an infantry whore.  I'd like to see more armor and air units on regular maps. Not everyone gets a J10. People actually teamkill over that crap. Teamkilling for vehicles would dissapear with the infantry only mode.

I would like to play BOTH versions. Anything wrong with that?

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-07-18 12:50:08)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

splixx wrote:

Is this counter strike?
QFE
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544

chittydog wrote:

splixx wrote:

Is this counter strike?
QFE
Exactly. Without vehicles this game would be far less popular.

Infantry only will screw up stats, bigtime.

On a side note: Why isn't there a Vehicle only mode??
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

The true really good infantry soldier would handle any vehicle opposition intelligently, EG spawning as AT, or getting into a TOW or SAM site. Those who will only play infantry only are the weak who can't take the full depth of the Battlefield but are too stupid to play CS.

EDIT: I admit I'm not much of an armor man... I just find it very boring to sit there and clicking to kill. Helos and planes are my cup of tea.

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-07-18 13:26:39)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

M_Harrower wrote:

chittydog wrote:

splixx wrote:

Is this counter strike?
QFE
Exactly. Without vehicles this game would be far less popular.

Infantry only will screw up stats, bigtime.

On a side note: Why isn't there a Vehicle only mode??
Yup,like everyone picks a vehicle to spawn in instead of a class.
Would be fun.

If we got over 3 people to moan on the EA forums they will definatly change it,just like with squad hopping.
l41e
+677|6618

"Go play Counter-Strike"? How about you go play a flight sim? Oh yeah, that's right. No infantry for easy kills, no J-10s, and no stats.

=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6527

jord wrote:

I'm a vehicle whore and i don't care,infact i LOVE vehicles!

Helis,Jets,Tanks and APCS=FUN!

Vehicles account for 54% of my kills....and guess what I DON'T CARE!
then go stfu and go jackoff to ur tank
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6764|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Like one Infantry Map would be nice.   Like on 1942 The Berlin map.  LIke a couple of Hummers would be nice and that is it.  I still like the armor too.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I admit being a vehicle whore, but I can own any day with my AK-101.

But I like the option, I don't spawnrape Karkand in my tank, I kill other tanks with my tank, on big open maps...Whats the big deal, one AT guy in your squad and you're armor-proof, 2 rockets in the front/back treads and bye bye.
el.fleisch
+52|6713|Germany
Thank you very much for the many answers

Yes, I know that I play BF2 and not CS. It’s great to have such a variety on the battlefield, but I think that the tanks and aviator are too strong! BF2 is not balanced!

The Anti-Tank rockets should damage a tank 50%! 2 hits and booooom! So that tank-whores havn't such an easy job. Or heli: When I blow a rocket straight in the rotor, the heli should crash, but he not yet tailspin.

A good aviator pilot has a K/D of 30 to 2 in every round. Maybe we need a new charachter:
The Tom-Cruise-Character! In Mission Impossible 3 he shot an aviator down with his MG36

And if you could kill tanks/helis with 1-2 rockets would make the vehicles less demand and would reduce teamkills for vehicles.
l41e
+677|6618

el.fleisch wrote:

Thank you very much for the many answers

Yes, I know that I play BF2 and not CS. It’s great to have such a variety on the battlefield, but I think that the tanks and aviator are too strong! BF2 is not balanced!

The Anti-Tank rockets should damage a tank 50%! 2 hits and booooom! So that tank-whores havn't such an easy job. Or heli: When I blow a rocket straight in the rotor, the heli should crash, but he not yet tailspin.

A good aviator pilot has a K/D of 30 to 2 in every round. Maybe we need a new charachter:
The Tom-Cruise-Character! In Mission Impossible 3 he shot an aviator down with his MG36

And if you could kill tanks/helis with 1-2 rockets would make the vehicles less demand and would reduce teamkills for vehicles.
Then people would complain that the AT class was overpowered. "OMG 1 person can actually kill me effectively without knowing the 2 weak spots!1!1oen"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard