No artillary on uncappable bases.17%17% - 25
No engaging in combat if you are commander.18%18% - 26
No armor/jets/choppers if you are a commander.37%37% - 53
No solo chopper slights.4%4% - 7
No saying "noob" or "hack" or "glitch"4%4% - 7
Total: 142
LSD_Wash
+64|6815
I see so many posts about stupid rules.  I honestly can't think of a single rule that I would stand behind.  I hate rules against attacking uncappable flags, base raping, driving vehicles to other vehicles, no cartillary, etc.  I guess the only rule that I enjoy is the 'no combat if you are commander' rule, but I'm not a nazi about it.  My least favorite is the non-cursing but kickable words list.  I've been kicked from servers for saying "noob" and "hack" several times.  That's just idiotic.  I say, enough with the rules, let the games be played as they are.

So I am curious what rules you guys think are acceptable and which are lame.

Edit:  Darn, you can't edit the poll text.  Solo chopper FLIGHTS damnit!  Not slights! 

Last edited by LSD_Wash (2006-07-18 11:22:36)

Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6522
No armor/jets/choppers if you are a commander.

Not everyone can multi task, I'd rather they concentrate.

No saying "noob" or "hack" or "glitch"

Its petty and unneccesary.  If you think someone is glitching, spectate them.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

be nice to have the NONE OF THESE option but I went with no commander in armor/flying - I HATE the " No commander fighting " = thats BS, and the no attacking uncap flags another BS one = soon all servers will have rules stating no one can leave their uncapp flag area and you can only toss nades unless you are command then arty is limited to only outabound areas where NO ONE can get too and carty is to be used only in the middle of rivers or oceans and at least 100 feet away from anyone or anything
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
LSD_Wash
+64|6815
No saying "noob" or "hack" or "glitch"

Its petty and unneccesary.  If you think someone is glitching, spectate them.
But I have been kicked for saying, "Guys, don't go near the hotel, someone is using the hotel wall hack thing..." and "Man, I really need to work on my noob toob aim..." and those sorts of things.  KICKED I tell ya!  That's just silly.
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
Do not engage in combat if commander
Do not use armor/heli/plane if youre commander.

I seriously cannot stand a commander that doesnt help.  I mutiny'd this commander on Oman because he didnt put a single uav, arty strike, scan ever since he got commander, he was just waiting for a plane. It succeeded, I applied and got commander I hid in the carrier and started to command.  A few minutes later he came and tk'd me like repeatedly.  I mean seriously he did it about 5 times (took him a while to find me each time, I eventually hid in the water) until admin banned him or he disconnected I dont remember which.  Ironically his name was like "noobhater".

No arty on uncaps.

Makes sense, at least planes/tanks/soldiers we have a small chance, but arty is too much of an ultimatum and kind of a stupid way of killing them.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
i would say just warn on calling sum1 a n00b, but only admin can kick ppl for spamming ZOMG HACKERZ!!! no engaging combat/ enter vehicle if commander, that should be always enforced
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6562
I say everything goes except for flying commanders.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6700|U.S
i think if a commander wants to run around let him that way it is harder for the enemy commander to use arty on commander. i can understand jets,copters not to fly but if no one on your team can do it commander should take over also its ok if commander is in gunner postion so he doesnt get hurt
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
last 4
Zeppo Johnson
+47|6714|Finland

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i would say just warn on calling sum1 a n00b, but only admin can kick ppl for spamming ZOMG HACKERZ!!! no engaging combat/ enter vehicle if commander, that should be always enforced
What he said, except if commander is defending flag and there isn't any friendlies near it.
Callum212
+2|6497
No attacking uncappable bases.
No artillary on uncappable bases.
No engaging in combat if you are commander.
No armor/jets/choppers if you are a commander

IMO I think commanders should concentrate on their job than to engage in combat.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
No arty on uncaps.
No Commander in Tank/Jet/Helo. I semi-agree with this... if its a smaller server I don't mind the commander in the gunner's seat or ontop of the tank. But no driving.
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6565

You can't be commanding when your focused on flying a chopper/jet.
Tanks, I rather have a player dedicated to using the tank rather then a commander going back in forth between the commander screen  and driving.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Artillery and vehicles as commander

Rest is ok.

edit:

When I mean it's ok for commander to engage in combat, I mean defense only.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-07-18 12:07:12)

pndragon26
+23|6688
None of these
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6825|St. Louis, MO
The only one I would agree with is commanders can't be pilots.
PRiMACORD
+190|6626|Home of the Escalade Herds
First 3.
-MIKI3.
+70|6645|The Netherlands
No attacking uncappable bases.
No artillary on uncappable bases.
No engaging in combat if you are commander.

and

No solo chopper slights. only if there isn't a gunner

didn't vote on that btw
The#1Spot
+105|6541|byah
if swearing was incuraged on servers i think there would be more people playing bf2

Last edited by The#1Spot (2006-07-18 14:01:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard