TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6634|Las Vegas, NV USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

I would hope they would give them a chance.  Because they sucked ass at one time also.

k30dxedle wrote:

The vast majority of people who call people "n00bz" seem to think that they were insanely skilled at BF2 from birth.

Face it. Everyone has sucked at one time.
There is much truth in these two statements.

CutK0rners wrote:

.... And another gripe....  When I first started playing this game, I looked at the different ranks and medals and whathave you, and really understood how many hours a sergeant major must put in (and especially captain and higher) to get where they are...  its like some people don't even care about that little symbol above your head...  They want to fly that helo when they can't even line up a gunner for a shot. ....
There is definitely a certain degree of experience associated with rank, and there should be some respect associated with rank.

However, it is kinda funny to me, when I get that rare bug to go gunner whoring for a bit, to see a corporal or sergeant jump into the gunner seat when they see this Sgt. Major approaching the chopper, and I know that they're hoping that I'll pilot for them...

Geez, are they gonna be in for a surprise when they quickly learn that about 90% of my 13 hours of chopper time is in the gunner position...

Naw,...   I usually just walk away, letting them know that I can't pilot very well (though, they sometimes still don't care!).

Anyways, rank is good indicator of experiece, but it's always interesting to see those occasional privates that are "yanking and banking" with the best of them!  Of course, most will usually see that a second account is in play.
PRiMACORD
+190|6664|Home of the Escalade Herds
I hate good gunners, they steal too many kills
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6746|67.222.138.85
First I line them up for some shots, then if they suck I ask them to get out, if they don't do that I do some high-g maneuvers next to the ground so they think I'm going to crash (loops, barrel rolls, get a fair number of them out, and if they're still there, screw giving them shots and use my rockets.

Just the other day, a noob got in place of my gunner that I had been flying with, refused to get out but I did some rolls right over the pad, he jumped out and then started yelling at the admin to kick me for tk'ing for the chopper. (no one died)
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6883|Reykjavík, Iceland.

imdead wrote:

Well heres a story from a gunners perspective:

When I hear something like this I wonder is it actually the "GUNNER"? My problem is I can't find a decent pilot!
Many times I will happily gun for the pilot and lo and behold he "forgets" that he has a gunner and he blares 8 missles at a tank while Im looking at a fast moving ground on my TV HUD. It happens CONSTANTLY! Let the gunners GUN. Nose UP you pilot retards. Or you see this pilot unload 8 missles and almost or crashing into a tree/ground, and the likes of you got your target and he abruptly turns or hears that alarm and freaks out.

I've had TWO great pilots that understood this pilot/gunner relationship; because they know it is 90% pilot and 10% gunner; these two pilots never once shot a missle and we ended up clearing the servers or getting massive "you guys hack" remarks. Granted you will have the bad gunners, but mostly I hear of bad pilots that dont let the gunners gun. Trust me there are more bad pilots than gunners. Also it takes communication no matter how bad one or the other is, the gunner is supposed to be telling the pilot where the ground troops are and the pilot deals with the skies. Its hard to see things your gunner/pilot doesnt' see.

SO before you go blaming shit on all gunners remember you got to start with the person owning 90% of the work -- the pilot. This pilot isn't supposed to fire weapons unless in a jam in the air to air or reloading the tv. So that means 90% of the time the pilot is at fault. Hell if you claim to be a good pilot fly without a gunner, you all do it anyway.
I agree, there are lots of very retarded pilots aswell, but the gunners are not fewer, I know exactly where to aim for the gunner to see clearly in his TV view that tank ahead
"RATATATATAT" Gunner shoots tank with the gun....

Rocket pods are for that APC that is left when the gunner killed the tank if there were 2 of those pesky bastards.
PRiMACORD
I don't know why people don't do this this more often, it's a really easy way of getting rid of most bad gunners.

Go to a neutral/enemy flag (which is clear ofc) and pretend like you're gonna cap it. Most of the time when i tell them to bail, they do and i can just leave them there to rot.

If you haven't been spamming them to bail out since they got in the chopper the chances are really good
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6643
OK I got a question. I'm to be honest are a good gunner. BUT I cant use TV that good. If the pilot does a fly by right at the tank or what not the enemy is as good as dead. But my question is how do I use the TV?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6734|Howell, Mi USA
Ill try to give some pointers to a newb gunner. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. if they still don't get it i pretty much do my own thing with the rockets and just give the gunner a few infantry killz if their watching. most common newb tactic i have to stop is a gunner shooting every piece of armor/apc with the cannon and not tv.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
PRiMACORD

PBAsydney wrote:

Rocket pods are for that APC that is left when the gunner killed the tank if there were 2 of those pesky bastards.
Negative. Rockets work fine for tanks, jeeps, infantry, ect. I share with my good gunners so we both end up with a lot of kills. I get more most of the time as it should be...unless im feeling lazy and just fly for the gunner
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6576|Search Whore killing fields
I admit I suck donkey cock with flying a chopper. Jets are my thing. Jets+Support Whore'n=DirtyMexicans
TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6608|Pwning u n00bs
my phrase

"Out or die"

then the red zone comes in handy
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6576|Search Whore killing fields

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

If I'm in a good mood, I'll keep them along and show them the ropes. If I'm in a bad mood, a couple of barrel rolls normally gets them to bail out. I personally do my best as a pilot to keep the chopper alive, doesn't matter what my gunner shoots, because as long as we don't die, we still have the chopper and still a better chance at scoring more points.
Atleast you dont hover on edge and kill them. that always pisses me off if people do that. They get pissed off because they dont give you a tv shot and they kill you.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6745|Antarctica
Take em to the red zone bye bye noob gunner.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6671|949

=DHG=ArkAng37 wrote:

OK I got a question. I'm to be honest are a good gunner. BUT I cant use TV that good. If the pilot does a fly by right at the tank or what not the enemy is as good as dead. But my question is how do I use the TV?
after you fire the TV, left click on the TV monitor where you want the TV to go.  Make sure you stay in the TV mode while you are doing this.  After some practice, you will find that you can shoot the TV with incredible accuracy.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6683|Minnesota
If he/she sucks I disreguard thay are even there. If I rely on them will will be killed for shure...
Dr0pped
+8|6794|Ontario, Canada

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

I usually invite them to my squad so I can give them tips though VOIP.I don't like to verbally abuse my teammates.No sense in making enemy's among my own team.I'll give a ride to whoever ask for a pick up most of the time.If they suck just try help them out.
That is the secret - communicate.  I must admit I am spoiled as I generally gun for guys in my clan on TS, but whenever possible, voice communication is the ticket. Once you are accustomed to a pilot, the amount of talk falls off as you just seem to know what's next in line to be wasted...

PRiMACORD wrote:

I hate good gunners, they steal too many kills
But we are great for those team points, if ya need 'em.....

Last edited by Dr0pped (2006-07-17 16:57:26)

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6591
Redline Em
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6643
I do great when flying choppers. I just cnt TV. Other then that I'm pretty good.
I pwn in the MI-28 Havok. Gunner or pilot. The best chopper yet!

Last edited by =DHG=ArkAng37 (2006-07-17 17:09:59)

apachetta
+1|6552
Are there any single player maps that have the choopers and jets in them?
TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6608|Pwning u n00bs

apachetta wrote:

Are there any single player maps that have the choopers and jets in them?
Operation Cleansweep has a bomber i believe...
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6562|Little blue planet, milky way
Getting a good gunner is TOUGH.... I admit that I'm not perfect at gunning, nor at flying. But looking at the amount of poeple out there I can safely say that I'm definately among the better ones. So normally, if I cannot get a decent gunner, I'll wait by the chopper for another guy to come a long and let him PILOT the helo. Yes I know it's not perfect, but if I'm the best gunner the team has, then I'll have to settle for a possibly bad pilot. It beats having to solo fly (I know some people can do it, but I'm not good enough yet) or trusting in your missiles as pilot. The gunner is 90% of the helo. Without one the helo is plain useless.

Ofcourse if there aren't any good pilots out there I'll just leave the helo unused and go find a tank or whatever. It sucks, but especially on depopulated servers (or late at night, early morning, during school hours or for whatever reason a server is half empty) you do not usually see the amount of skill that you will find on a really populated server.

Sure I have absolutely no respect for the morons who just get the chopper and crash at the first oportunity. And I pity the people who have little or no skill and try to go against a REALLY good gunner/pilot combo. But if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Even if you're a helo whore, you may have to try other options once in a while if you see that your tactics aren't working. If you're getting no kills, and are just wasting tickets for your team, then dont go for the helo. And a pilot with no gunner is USUALLY just wasting tickets.
eagles1106
+269|6623|Marlton, New Jersey.

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

I try and give them a chance, but If I can see the person in my cockpit view and they cant see it in nose view, and we get SRAW'ed or ERYX'ed, i yell at him, then give him a tip...
like hmm, press C ya dumb noob?
eagles1106
+269|6623|Marlton, New Jersey.
and btw, if you ever want to get a good gunner out, just pretend to be a sucky pilot, dont line your gunner up for shit, fly no where near the action, do random barell rolls and backflips, eventually he will bail.  With newgunners I always give them a chance at first, but when i see that they cant gun, i either:
A.  Go Planewhore
B.  Own it up ground pounding.
C.  Find a good gunner who knows where to stand to get the chopper with me.
D (the option i do the least).  Make the guy bail by acting like a sucky and retarded pilot

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-07-17 21:13:18)

cablecopulate
+449|6777|Massachusetts.
Single player dragon valley and dalian plant have choppers, clean sweep has a jet.

I've been chopper whoring more than usual lately so I can get up to my 150 hours, and I pretty much fly all the time. So now I am bored of flying. A couple days ago I got to gun, and I was pretty stoked, but the jackass just flew low to the ground, nose down. Good job buddy. Then he goes after a boat after I spotted the enemy chopper. Then I realized why flying is better than gunning: you are in control of the chopper. As a gunner you have no control over keeping the chopper in the air or your shots being lined up. As a pilot I know how to line the gunner up, and if he misses and we die, it's because he missed his chance, not because I had a pilot who thought it was okay to keep the enemy off my TV screen because you can make the shot if it's close enough. Wow that was a run-on sentence.
CutK0rners
+0|6671
for those who said "you were once a noob too you know" all I can say is that I knew how to load up single player and improved myself before going into a 64 person server where a good gunner can dominate the map.

I feel bad going to the red zone... i've done it a few times, but in all complete honesty, i'm not that good at it... maybe if I zoomed in on my minimap, that would help.

I love to teach people, but some just don't listen...      And i'm all for listening to people who are more experienced than I am.   The other day... who was it...  gravecamper1 i believe, was telling me some tips, saw someone in this thread say "a good pilot will keep his nose up while keeping altitude"   And thats all you really have to do if you have a good gunner...  but it annoys the crap out of me when my gunner doesn't know to take out the AA that is making my radar go nuts, so 95% of the time (the other 5% we'll die) I nose dive right at the AA and take it out myself, usually getting killed by a humvee or eryx.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6560|Austin, Texas
Depends on my mood.....

1. Bail Out! Bail Out! Jump Out!
2. Pull some stunts
3. Fly straight up and start spinning in circles
4. Fly around like I'm soloing and pretend EA made it so you can't seatswitch
5. Ask them to get out for a mate... and then go solo.
6. Leave the chopper for another vehicle or groundpound.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard