Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6502

misfire00 wrote:

We want to thank you for your cooperation in this matter and hope that you continue to support fair and safe game play.
Thank you for writing us,

"Safe game play" What the hell do they mean by that? Like don't fall out of your computer chair and bang your head?
They mean you should not forget to repeatedly press the "F9" key when jumping off a cliff so you do not fall to your death. 

I honestly have no sympathy for people who get wiped.  If you cheat you should get wiped. 

I do think it would be helpful if they would e-mail you a screen shot of the offense you made, but I highly doubt they would do that...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
Welcome to the new demension of fun in BF2.  Now you don't have to worry about noobs 'reporting' you for pwning them and such, and you can play infantry only games if you feel like it.  Without the threat of getting stat wiped, noobs can do nothing to you.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516
They reset because BF2 is supposed to be RANKED. They should just remove the Top 10 list(ladder) and then nobody would care about this stuff anymore.

If you pad/glitch/hack/whatever and get reset I have no pity though.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-07-14 18:35:57)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Sheep of War
+40|6613
Its EAs way of getting revenge on people for bitching about BF2. Seriously, it sucks to be you.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Daysniper wrote:

I think this calls for a Battlefield 2 Constitution.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused player shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public/unranked trial, by a jury of players of equal or lower rank on the server wherein the alleged crime shall have been committed, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, to be provided evidence for the accusation, and if unjust punishment is committed, compensation for all done;the right to be confronted by the witnesses and Admins against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of impartial players for his defense.
So.........Erm what tht mean, u get to kick the ass of the guy who wiped u?
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6655

mad scotsman wrote:

travisb05 wrote:

TheEqualizer wrote:

The_Mob_Returns
+72|6692|Indianapolis, IN
Were you the one that I reported?
No, jk.

If EA sold the game they have every right to make rules to it, and reserve the right to wipe your stats too.

What about {TA}Firestorm, didn't he have his wiped then replaced.  Why won't they let you appeal, but they did let him appeal?
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
Oh, Firestorm was a "special" case.... Remember, he didn't just pay $50 for the game, he also pays a lot of dough each month to have his own server to cheat on.... Rich mans justice apparently also applies in the world of BF2
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Twist wrote:

Rich mans justice apparently also applies in the world of BF2
You mean EMPLOYED mans justice?
LockerFish
+47|6676

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

And EA Strikes again!

Can't wait for Enemy Terrioty. No BS in that game
You idiots have no idea what you're talking about. How the hell do you have the balls to talk about a piece of software that 1)isn't out yet and 2) you obviously don't have any hand in developing. Enemy territory Could be total shit. Everyone thought BF2 would be the greatest online war game too. I still think it's a great game. But you whining people with your fancy "rigs" can't handle it. I have a fucking HP stock computer. I run it fine. Go feed the homeless.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6510|GREAT Britain
bunch of wankers arent they? and they serisouly expect people to buy 2142? kiss my ass
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6510|GREAT Britain

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

MrE`158 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ummm, why does everyone feel sorry for this guy? I haven't heard of anyone that I honestly believed that didn't violate the ROE get wiped. The fact is many people may not like the ROE and may violate minor aspects of it, including myself, but EA clearly put the rules up and has every right to wipe the accounts of people violating it. This guy probably got on a p/k server, and honestly thinks he didn't do anything wrong.
I wholly agree that if he was padding he should be wiped.  But I have to say that I don't like the idea that EA can tell someone "we have evidence of you cheating", and then refuse to show you that evidence.

Nobody's infallible, not even the Almighty High Judges of Electronic Arts.  Evidence of padding could be falsified by some jerk with a grudge.  What looks suspicious could be the result of randomness or accident. 

My point is that shit happens.  Sometimes, it's very weird shit indeed.  If I were to be accused of something, I'd like to at least be able to see why I'm being accused, so I have a chance of defending myself.

If the OP was stat-padding, then fuck 'em, let him hang.  But if a mistake has been made and he's been reset in error, then the 'evidence' should at least be available to him to allow him to point out where that error is.
True dat true dat. They definitely should have shown him the evidence against him, though if that evidence showed who turned him in, that could get nasty in some cases...

However, EA doesn't take this stuff lightly. I tried turning some guys in that were using the Hotel glitch, beautiful screenshots and all, but they wouldn't take it because I didn't know what server it was on.
oh how did i know from ur first comment ud be one of those wankers who turns other players in to daddy EA like some dirty little snitch, ur worse than the padders and if u spend time taking screen shots and compiling it all nice to send to ea, you need to get a life, morons like u escalate this whole resetting bullshit
Disodium
+13|6484|Sydney

THA wrote:

[HSS]The_EroTiK wrote:

What are you thinking about that ?
sucks to be you
At the end of the day, they already said there is no way to appeal it.

Last edited by Disodium (2006-07-16 19:52:52)

bigp66
+63|6518|memphfrica-memphis,TN

Toonces7 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

bigp66 wrote:

Toonces7 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6577|Sweden
Oh well, hang in there, PRIVATE!
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6555|Hamburg / Germany

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

bigp66 wrote:

Toonces7 wrote:

Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6632|The Outer Circle

OMG THIS wrote:

IS REALLY wrote:

GHEY BAR wrote:

Last edited by TPM-J45P3R- (2006-07-18 17:34:23)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
manitobapaintballa
+32|6589

Electonic Komando wrote:

You've cheated so don't blame EA for Your obvious fault. You could think about Your 10000000000  points before droping those bombs on uncap. That's about it.
there is no rule in the roe about droping bombs dude they prob got some bullshit emails from a bunch of whiners.......
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

OMG wrote:

YOU MISPELLED wrote:

GAY* wrote:

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-07-19 05:43:52)

Sandskink
+19|6597|In your moms BUSHland

[HSS]The_EroTiK wrote:

Hi,

As well, please remember that you will not exploit any bug or system in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service. We want to thank you for your cooperation in this matter and hope that you continue to support fair and safe game play.
Thank you for writing us,

EA Rep Wilson
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
Hmm two things....

1.  I see posts about exploits all the time.  So, the person that has discovered the exploit and posts its existence, such as these forums, then in turn could get their stats wiped?  Interesting.

2.  EA/DICE get your "betagame" shit together and these glitchers can't take advantage of it.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6506|Carlsbad, CA, USA

bigp66 wrote:

Toonces7 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

bigp66 wrote:

Toonces7 wrote:

Aust1mh
+23|6538|Sydney, Australia

THA wrote:

[HSS]The_EroTiK wrote:

What are you thinking about that ?
sucks to be you
Sucks to be you,

Think of all the fun you'll have getting those points back...

O and your a grunt now, you can call me SIR!

Last edited by Aust1mh (2006-07-19 16:08:10)

Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6614|Somewhere in the shadows

Jejjk wrote:

Oh well, hang in there, PRIVATE!
LMAO

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard