{DS}Serge
+-1|6752
There are a lot of aspects to sniping, like stealth and skill. It takes a lot of practice. I started playing in October, and I've dedicated myself to sniping. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers
sniping.
Incontrovertible
+1|6791|Brisbane, Australia
Hide in plain sight
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6760|FUCK UBISOFT

^^^nice^^^
l l l        l l  l

hide on cranes or places up high so you have more chance of getting them than them getting you

use your camo to help save your life
and press Z a lot
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856
Try unusaull places and do repeated sweeps on your favorite ones. Its so fun to counter sniper! Killing another sniper is the Best  kill. Next to a Bunny. Remeber to spot. You should gets points for spoting if the Target it taken out. I know I help in a lot of CC situations Because now my teamate knows where the other guy is hiding on minni map. plus anyone I tagged ( But got away ) with the .50 cal is easy pickins in a gun fight.
{DS}Serge
+-1|6752
I agree with both of u. I try to hide in dark areas where I blend in. I'm not very patient though. I tend to change spots a lot.

Does anyone have any good stealth tactics?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center
Don't hide on the very tops of hills, as it makes you easier to see since you contrast against the sky.  Instead, try to find a ridge or something where you can blend in with the landscape.

Hide in bushes a lot...when I snipe I tend to hide behind bushes so that the leaves somewhat block my view.  Remember, if you have a hard time seeing your enemy, they'll have an even harder time seeing you.  Another good thing with bushes is most armor and vehicles move by too quickly to really check them out.  You have no idea how many times I've been lying next to a road, spotted a tank or APC, and then watched as it just drove past.

When you kill someone, move.  I know when I get sniped I usually have a pretty good idea where it came from, so when I respawn, that's the first place I check.  Your victims will also want vengeance, so you'll be their prime target if they get a chance to kill you.

Someone said hide on cranes.  Granted, it's a great spot with a view of most of the map and it's unobstructed from pretty much everywhere, but there's a few problems.  One, it takes forever to get to the top and if you set up claymores on the top of some of the ladders, if you get sniped you're never going back up there again.  Plus you're very easy to spot while climbing and since you're not moving very quickly, an easy kill for just about anyone playing.  Finally, I know the first place I check for snipers is on top of cranes.  There's some pretty accurate guns in the game other than sniper rifles (all the Spec Ops ones, L85A1) so you aren't just a target to other snipers.  There's nothing easier than taking out a sniper perched on top of a crane because once you spot him, you know he's not going anywhere without you seeing it.

Anyway, I hope that helps.  Good luck.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6760|FUCK UBISOFT

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Someone said hide on cranes.  Granted, it's a great spot with a view of most of the map and it's unobstructed from pretty much everywhere, but there's a few problems.  One, it takes forever to get to the top and if you set up claymores on the top of some of the ladders, if you get sniped you're never going back up there again.  Plus you're very easy to spot while climbing and since you're not moving very quickly, an easy kill for just about anyone playing.  Finally, I know the first place I check for snipers is on top of cranes.  There's some pretty accurate guns in the game other than sniper rifles (all the Spec Ops ones, L85A1) so you aren't just a target to other snipers.  There's nothing easier than taking out a sniper perched on top of a crane because once you spot him, you know he's not going anywhere without you seeing it.
i said that and i understand your reasons not to use cranes but once you get to the top you can sit on the places where you are unhittable. also get your own squad, get medics into your squad and make them spawn on you at the top of a crane. They will heal you and revive you while you take out the enemy, POINTS FOR EVERYONE!!!
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6762|Malaga, EspaƱa
well about killing the enemy sniper , i say if using the M24 aim for the head! coz if the MeC is using a M95 and know the gun well, ur fucked if u miss twice! try to kill the enemy sniper fast and quik before he spots u. also killing a enemy sniper its always fun to see them turn around and looking straight at u and the shoot him ''Right Between The Eyes''
Green-Lynx
+1|6763|Scotland!!!

Miguel diaz wrote:

and press Z a lot
press Z a lot.........     i play sniper the most, dont think i press Z a lot......  maby i have the key set to a different key but ill ask anyway lol,   why press Z alot.......................

ok so when i play as sniper nearly after every kill ill re-locate to a new spot, especialy if i just killed another sniper (love doing that )  the way i find locations is to think of the places that you wouldnt expect to find snipers or the places where you wouldnt usualy expect to find a sniper, also, if theres a sniper at the top of a hill, ill go half way down or down to the bottom, that way generaly the enemy will see him before he see's me (well thats the idea )

as for stelth tactics...... its pritty hard in bf2, well i think so anyway, the ghillie sute sucks compaired to in the real world lol

https://www.airsoftadventure.co.uk/ishop/images/1066/ghillie-flage_suit.jpg
now thats what you call a ghillie sute!

Last edited by Green-Lynx (2005-11-19 16:27:56)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center
he just means go prone.  a lot of times what i do is hide behind a waist-high wall, go prone behind it so you cant be seen, pop up, take a shot, go prone to recock the gun.

haha, recock.

miguel, i see what youre saying, and ive played a couple rounds against squads like that.  three person squad, sniper, medic, and support.  any good sniper will find the sniper, kill him, then wait for the medic to come and revive, and kill him right away, then save the support guy for last.

there are parts on the crane where you cannot be hit easily, but for example, the crane in sharqi, you can be hit there no matter where you are.  you just have to find buildings to climb up and snipe from.  plus, if you are in a place where you cant be hit, then i doubt youll be able to hit anyone either.  in order to see, you must be seen.
Adelphi
+8|6760|Long Island, NY
Haha, awesome pic.  Gotta love snipin' with the M4.   At least it looks like an M4 to me.
Green-Lynx
+1|6763|Scotland!!!
ahhhhhhh, i have the prone key mapped to F   

an yea i think it is a M4
MiltonFarrow
+0|6754
Today, I was on top of the crane on the sharqi map...I usually dont go all the way to the top.  I was scanning the construction site with my scope when I hear an enemy chopper coming in...he slowed down and was hovering between the two structures...the pilot turned perpendicular to me, I must have been 30 meters away.  I took my trusty m95 and shot the pilot dead.  The gunner didnt notice and the chopper crashed to the ground...I got credited with that kill too!

What fun!
Adelphi
+8|6760|Long Island, NY
https://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/6401.jpg

This is the mouse I use.  I have the forward thumb button set for changing the rate of fire, and the rear button set to prone.  I'm still gettin' use to it, but it's such an improvement over usin' 'Z.'
RKF77
+1|6769

Horseman 77 wrote:

plus anyone I tagged ( But got away ) with the .50 cal is easy pickins in a gun fight.
Good advice.  You get two points for a kill, but still get one for a kill assist...so take as many shots as you can and try to wing anyone you see.  Even if someone else gets the kill, you still get some love.

I've seen four or five kill assists come to me in short order after taking potshots at a hot spawn but not hitting anyone. 
SteikeTa
+153|6766|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Adelphi! I have the same mouse. I put some wepons to the buttons on the side there. When i use them, i pick out the wepon AND turn right. Happens with you as well??
=DS=Unit92
+0|6760
1. Sniper rifles have the same accuracy standing, crouching or prone. The only advantages the prone offers is a lower profile. If you find a decent hiding spot where you can't see over unless you're standing don't worry too much about it... stand, it won't affect your ability to shoot.

2. Kill other snipers. It's the second greatest service you can do for your team, the first is spotting, especially armor and air assets.

3. After shooting move away or go prone so you can't be seen while reloading your weapon. This makes it much harder for people to spot where you are. I only come out of a hiding spot long enough to shoot and then I go back out of view. It keeps them guessing a little bit longer.

4. The M24 is just as good at the M95 for taking out infantry and it is MUCH quieter. The only useful thing with the M95 is being able to penetrate light armor on vehicles but this advantage is negated by how loud the weapon it. I only use the M95 in place of the MEC and PLA's sniper rifles.

5. I love snipers on cranes... There are plenty of places for me to hide and pick them off... but they are don't really have anywhere to go. One time in Sharqi there was 3 of them sniping off the thing with a squad leader in a spot that couldn't be hit from the groun... I'd plant myself somewhere and pick them off until they discovered where I was hiding, so I'd move somehwere else. Thanks to them I got my veteran sniper badge that round.

Last edited by =DS=Unit92 (2005-11-19 20:58:21)

Dr0pped
+8|6773|Ontario, Canada

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

also killing a enemy sniper its always fun to see them turn around and looking straight at u and the shoot him ''Right Between The Eyes''
But waste a bullet? That  is  a perfect situation for another knife kill!!!
Big_B1347
+0|6785
What I usaly do is uncoventional sniping. i hide out in the open, or just run around if i see someone shoot him. or in close combate areas like karkand i just drop claymores like crazy and get an average of 2 kills a claymore. just bascially do what your not supposed to do with being a sniper got out and kill use your kinfe its a one hit one kill wepon and you usally get them kicker when they dont expect a sniper to run full bore at you and kinfe'em. thats just me. im wierd like that
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6832
Watch out for people like me who will go out of their way to stick a K-bar in the back of your head.
thinner44
+1|6828

Miguel diaz wrote:

i said that and i understand your reasons not to use cranes but once you get to the top you can sit on the places where you are unhittable. also get your own squad, get medics into your squad and make them spawn on you at the top of a crane. They will heal you and revive you while you take out the enemy, POINTS FOR EVERYONE!!!
There's nowhere that's 'unhittable', I've sniped snipers at the very top of cranes time and time again. You don't need a headshot, just anywhere on the body a couple of times, even their feet

Sharqi map. I wait for snipers to start the long haul up the ladder, when they get to the mid point, I shoot them, just to make them think they've made it . You'd be surprised how many try again and again
Green-Lynx
+1|6763|Scotland!!!
yea lol thats fun!  i like doing that on karkand to, at the factory in the south east, snipers climb up that ladder and parachute onto the factory building, half way up ill have a pop at them to make them know im there, then when there juuuuuuuuuuust about at the top ill drop them       i put a claymore at the top but its best to shoot them before they get there just incase someone else tries and you dont see them climbing up
{DS}Serge
+-1|6752
Snipers have to think fast and have good reflexes. I like to hide around paths where the enemy passes by a lot. But sometimes they see me. Thats when I get up and try to do a headshot on them. Does anyone have any other solutions to situations like this?
Kniero
Banned
+1|6764|AZ

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Someone said hide on cranes.  Granted, it's a great spot with a view of most of the map and it's unobstructed from pretty much everywhere, but there's a few problems.  One, it takes forever to get to the top and if you set up claymores on the top of some of the ladders, if you get sniped you're never going back up there again..
I agree about locating thyself in areas least conspicuous to the average human, though, your statement regarding the self-defense claymore tactics of some snipers who use cranes is false. After death, all previously placed gadgetry will disappear in due time.
Alku
Out of Nowhere
+0|6755|Helsinki, Finland
Some of the tactics I use.

* Move A LOT! Relocate after few shots, as your shot could have been noticed. Memorize few regular spots and switch between them.

* Use rooftops/cranes.

* Use the grass. Be the grass. There are alot of it and you really should use it for hiding. (Mini-tiny improvement: The grass should be 'lot higher in BF2).

* While aiming, aim for the right eye. And if the target is laying down, aim a bit higher as the shot might hit the hand.

* Don't take unnecessary shots, e.g. running targets. It's possible to take them out but better wait for them to stop or wait for them to start walking normally again. Then you have a greater chance to hit the enemy and take him out with a single shot (or two).

* Train, train, train. I myself are still learning and trying to learn the best way to take out those pesky hostiles.

* Most important: Have fun

----

Hopefully these will help.

Mini-tiny-suggestion: A combined Sniper Guide for BF2? I know there are 'lot of these in the internet (just search the google for e.g. 'bf2 sniper guides'). But just to gather the best advices/tactics in here and post them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard