Poll

Are most admins idiots?

Yes62%62% - 135
No37%37% - 82
Total: 217
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.
Play on larger servers. in australia I play internode, which is an ISP and has to have good admins (you don't want a crappy admin stats padder to present an isp do you)
twiistaaa
+87|6684|mexico
i only play on internode and ive never had a problem with any of the admins.
comet241
+164|6780|Normal, IL
this is the worst poll ive seen in a while. how many servers are posted about here that have horrible admins? a lot, thats right. but, how many are posted that have awesome admins? none, thats right. why? because of the vocal minority as well as the fact that bad news makes great gossip. of course we are going to remember the horrible admins, but it's the great ones, a lot of them too, that we sadly forget about.
Simonym
+1|6513|D'owhere
Today i was kicked from the ARSE Clan Server (thats really the server name ROFL) for droping a vehicle on the enemy commander while his team was raping my (uncapable) base. Thats one of the reasons for my yes vote.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6688|Colorado
I've never had any problems with admins other than christian servers & I forget where I am.
Stealth_Bain
+19|6512|England, United Kingdom

Cbass wrote:

I voted no because there is alot of good admins out there. But yea there is alot of dumbass ones.
y=
You only remember the idiots, reckon mostly are kids!! got tk'ed by a fool about 5 or six times as I wouldnt drop him a car to get in the hotel!! got fed up with being tk'ed, shot him back as a FO and leave me alone and got banned!! oops must've been admin!
I'm sure we can all think of 10 stupid admins, but a 1000 good games we've had.

Just find yourself some good servers.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6555|Florida
I don't think most admins suck, the majority of the games I'm in run without bullshit admin interference.  It's just that you hear more about the shitty admin experience, and they're much more memorable.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6658|England
I know places with great admins. Moonganers, CSIs server..

Got a list in my mind...
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6608|Lexington, Kentucky
I've run into my fair share of bad admins. But I must praise:
War Hawks. (WH)
Special forces server 1 66.148.72.48 (Typically Warlord)
Special forces server 2 66.235.185.6 (Ghost/Gator/etc)
millhous
+39|6652|OREEGONE, USA
I have rarely run into any bad admins.  Unfortunatly this poll is completely biased in that the only servers you really hear about on this forum deal with crappy admins.  Its always "OMG i pwned the admin and i got banned" kinda crap.
ReGmAn78
+16|6662|Alberta, Canada
I am an admin on my server and i rarely kick people unless someone complains or i notice it myself like tking or base rape, i keep a close eye on everything..but i am getting tired of some people getting pissed off at admins that do there jobs right in order to make the server fun.  I have probebly kicked more people off my own team for not following rules.  Oh and the other reason i kick people is for being plain rude to people,  most of us try to be fair, just wish people would realize this...and because i am a fair admin i have gotton alot of people coming back to our server, even as we call them NOOBs well if a NOOB comes into a server and strait off gets base raped what do you think his thoughts of the game are gonna be?  Remember guys alot of these NEW players are keeping our servers full and bf2 going strong...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732
!b threadstarter for posting in wrong section
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RyansRangers
+2|6546
If admins are not tops in points and u start taking the game over, just because your more highly skilled,  its likely you will get kicked. Happens to me all the time.
RyansRangers
+2|6546

ReGmAn78 wrote:

I am an admin on my server and i rarely kick people unless someone complains or i notice it myself like tking or base rape, i keep a close eye on everything..but i am getting tired of some people getting pissed off at admins that do there jobs right in order to make the server fun.  I have probebly kicked more people off my own team for not following rules.  Oh and the other reason i kick people is for being plain rude to people,  most of us try to be fair, just wish people would realize this...and because i am a fair admin i have gotton alot of people coming back to our server, even as we call them NOOBs well if a NOOB comes into a server and strait off gets base raped what do you think his thoughts of the game are gonna be?  Remember guys alot of these NEW players are keeping our servers full and bf2 going strong...
This is war, get over it. If you dont like being based raped, break out and capture a flag to relieve some of the pressure! Its called thinking and using tactics. Squad up and listen to your squad leaders and commanders if your that incapable. Thats what their there for!
PCShooterNoob
+22|6555|Florida

comet241 wrote:

this is the worst poll ive seen in a while. how many servers are posted about here that have horrible admins? a lot, thats right. but, how many are posted that have awesome admins? none, thats right. why? because of the vocal minority as well as the fact that bad news makes great gossip. of course we are going to remember the horrible admins, but it's the great ones, a lot of them too, that we sadly forget about.
It appears I have to agree with you again here.  The problem is, when there's a good admin, the game plays smoothly and no one even thinks about it, because they're too busy with the game to think about the admin that may or may not be keeping it cheater free and fun.  But when the admin sucks, it's right there in your face...the game is horrible because of an obnoxious action by the admin or a disturbing amount of inaction, so it sticks out in people's heads more and gives them more reason to gripe.

What I ask is for people to think long and hard...how many times has an admin ACTUALLY been responsible for ruining your game?  And how many games have you played that went exactly how the game's supposed to run?  If most admins are idiots, then most games would suck, and then you wouldn't have much incentive to play the game, now would you?  The fact that you play at all means that SOMEthing's being done right.  And that's SOMEthing we should all be a little more thankful for.

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-07-15 02:15:29)

BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6635|Cork, Ireland
I play with a this particular clan (PureEvil) alot and their admins are really nice guys
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6574|Hungary
I hate it when admins are abusing for example i was playing on a 16 slot server wich had 64 map size so the rounds were pretty long.I had the most points at the end of the round...the enemy ticket was around 20 and i was playing as a medic whore so i was healing and reviving people.I was the first but the admin guy had a bit less points then me...what happend ???
I was banned and reason:" Banned by the admin because of TeamKilling "
The funny was that i didnt killed any of my teammates..The problem was that i was on the first place.....and that italian FAGOTT wanted to own the gold and the first place.Im still banned from there.
So keep your eyes open because some servers got TWATS like this...
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6607|Scarborough Yorkshire England
A server message that appeared when loading up the map

"altough bunny hopping and noob tubing are not banned, if you do it to ADMIN and annoy them, you may get kicked" WTF, hows that for abusing power
Longbow
+163|6662|Odessa, Ukraine
Sure . I know good admins only on 3 servers , where I play mostly now

Last edited by Longbow (2006-07-15 02:43:59)

Orgtheone
+30|6678|The Dark Side Of The Moon
No they arn't im one of ten admins covering 6 servers for our clan (check out www.battlefieldbs.com)
our admins ages range between 21-50 & treat all players equally. We enforce several rules to keep the game play balanced, we have many regulars & over 2000 players pass through are server's each month many come to pay respects on our site to say how well our servers are ran
so if you dont want to have to put up with asshats and have some well oiled games
come visit our site for server names or ip's
[IFF]DemonDave
+20|6581|hampshire england
i voted no, i feel its the age of the admin and the clan
=L&L=The Old Firm
+3|6777|The Netherlands The Hague

Simonym wrote:

Today i was kicked from the ARSE Clan Server (thats really the server name ROFL) for droping a vehicle on the enemy commander while his team was raping my (uncapable) base. Thats one of the reasons for my yes vote.
ROFL...i have been playing on their server for a while to and indeed their admins are complete ARSES.
They bend their own rules so it favours them.
Its not allowed to baserape but with a jet they can cause you got AA they say but if you do the same youll get kicked for baseraping, just be glad you got kicked from there its a shit server anyways.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6575|The real world
they are allways bad admins when you urself get banned, but when someone else gets banned theyre good
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6642|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Come on our TV2 servers, i admin both our wake 24/7 servers and our admins are fair, we got 24/7 servers for most maps just search for TV2 in the server list. And i understand what you mean about 10yr old admins but as DemonDave stated its the age of the admin and the clan that tends to affect gameplay i find that clan servers are more likely to have a nub admin than non-clan servers that have impartial ones.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6755

A mere Shadow|= wrote:

Come on our TV2 servers, i admin both our wake 24/7 servers and our admins are fair, we got 24/7 servers for most maps just search for TV2 in the server list. And i understand what you mean about 10yr old admins but as DemonDave stated its the age of the admin and the clan that tends to affect gameplay i find that clan servers are more likely to have a nub admin than non-clan servers that have impartial ones.
TV2 are always full

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard