GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6803

Cablespider wrote:

I'd be curious to know how many people here bought BF2 with thier own hard earned cash vs. mom/dad....just wondering.

I agree with the notion to pass this one up. I personally have no interest in plunking down anymore money on this title. But....this surely isn't the place to call a boycott knowing all the fan boys would hit this thread hard.
Beautifully said
dracul
+2|6847
Not sure if this has been covered in earlier posts or not:
There is no option to filter the server list on the map you want to play. Same for amount of players. ping. server text. etc.
Works fine on my server browser, I can do all 3 just fine.
Just enter te minimum players/ping in the appropriate, intuitive box. The name of the map works the same way.

Frankly, I think most of your problems stem from inadequate computer knowledge.
Your blaming bf2 for kicking you off a min-ping server when your ping spikes?
Run a ping-test, traceroute, flood test on your gateway, and CALL YOUR CABLE COMPANY.
Narf!

Most common cause of crashing lockups in bf2: outdated system drivers.
Second most common cause: pb lockups. google it for details.
GotMex?
+193|6803

dracul wrote:

There is no option to filter the server list on the map you want to play. Same for amount of players. ping. server text. etc.
Just enter te minimum players/ping in the appropriate, intuitive box. The name of the map works the same way.

Run a ping-test, traceroute, flood test on your gateway, and CALL YOUR CABLE COMPANY.
Narf!

Let me just say, first off BF2 crashing on outdated systems is one thing. Another thing is crashes on computers with the latest drivers, updates, whateveryouwant. BF2 discriminates against none, and that's why it pisses me off that I splurge on getting a computer especifically for BF2 and it still crashes on me.

Next up, ping. BF2 seems to be the only one to screw up ping with spikes and such. Every other game I play works fine in this area, but BF2 can suck at it lots of times. Yes, sometimes I have high pings and I do get kicked, that's perfectly understandable (and I hope the author isn't referring to this) but now and then, I'll join a server and ping ia all over the place.

And last up, the famous server browser. Careful guys, you don't want to press the filter button, or watch out with what combinations you press because it can fuck up your server list. And then, after you go thru the trouble of filtering etc, it STILL doesn't give you the right servers. You can't possibly say that the server browser is fine when it is quite clear to everyone how broken it is.

However, you did use the word Narf so you're still cool. And you make some valid points, primarily don't blame BF2 when you're playing with crappy stuff. And it helps to know a little about computers to solve lots of the problems. So Narfy!
Earthquake23
+1|6777|Germany
lol I'll just wait with buying till some bugfixes / patches are availible and I know, that they work...

Realism of Weapons: Sometimes, I wish, the weapons would be more realistic, cause I can shoot with the G3 (in real life) over a distance of 300m directly into the head! And with the MG3 I pull the trigger (lying on the ground) just for 1 sec and 400m away, somebody would have minimum 5 bullets through his body! So the MGs aren't as imprecise, as you might think!
But it should be a game, with not too much realism... Would suck! But they should make the SAM more realistic, cause with this one, you can (nearly) never score...

Greetings

Last edited by Earthquake23 (2005-11-18 00:48:09)

Fonehat
+0|6868
In computer games realism cant be perfect as it would create balance issues.
For example US vs. MEC games would be one sided as US has way better technology and China would outnumber USA 3:1. That would be more realistic but not as fun a game to play imo.
Speelbal
+146|6792|Netherlands

dracul wrote:

Narf!

I know a great deal about computers.

All of us think the server browser is crap, but it works fine for you.  Great. But for a large part of people it doesn't work.
High ping is because of the system specs. I have the minimum system specs, i have the latest drivers, i have a crappy cable company, i dont need to test my router, i dont need to forward any more ports i dont need a speedtest i dont need any of that. Two reasons. 1: I know my computer is not the problem.
2: Should customers of EA run all the test before they play? I think not.

I say this once more: people who just want to live with the bugs. Fine. Then don't post here. Why do you want to post here anyway? You have no problem, so why post that you have no problem. Its silly.
Just like posting: "Im not hungry, I dont need to go to the toilet." IF you want to post, give a reason why you wil boycott, or why you woný boycott. Don't tell me that you have never got any problems. If you HAVE no problem with the problems..then DONT post. Clear? (I hope so )
xilix
+0|6807

Speelbal wrote:

dracul wrote:

Narf!

High ping is because of the system specs. I have the minimum system specs, i have the latest drivers, i have a crappy cable company, i dont need to test my router, i dont need to forward any more ports i dont need a speedtest i dont need any of that.
You claim to know a great deal about computers yet say that high ping is because of systems specs???  Look up what ping acutally is...hint...google ICMP.  You admit to having a shit computer and a crappy cable connection yet blame EA for having problems playing the game?  Either upgrade your shit or go back to playing Tribes since that probably runs fine on what you got.
SlickWRX
+6|6783
You didn't even list any GOOD reasons to boycott so I will.

1.  Random crashes to desktop.  I never had this problem until this last patch came out.  I know its not just me it happens to a couple of the other guys I know in RL that play.  Updating my video card drivers did help.  Now it only happens maybe once or twice with in an 8 hour time period.  I guess you could say it could be a problem with my system and pass the buck on this one but I have no problems like this with any of the other games I play (Half Life 2, WoW, WC3 TFT).

2.  They really need to fix this team color bug.  People tell me to just look at the uniforms.  Thats not good enough sometimes its hard to tell if someone is far away and especially when they have the sniper kit.

3.  Anti-air missles are STILL a joke.  They are useless.  They will never hit the enemy and will most likely stray off and hit a friendly.  I was firing from an IGLA on the island at a J-10 that was nowhere near a fully loaded Blackhawk and the missle veered way way off course and hit it.  Everyone punished of course.  They should work similar to real heat seeking missles which actually LOCK ON to the heat source.  If they veer off course they should not seek a NEW heat source.  While we're at it how about giving us something handheld thats actually useful against planes like the shoulder fired stinger?  If you're up against a decent pilot then he knows where all of the IGLA placements are and probably bombs or strafes them regularly.

4.  Mines, claymores, and C4 need to be redone.  First off, if you ALT-TAB out of BF2 when you go back in you will no longer get a red skull and crossbones for any of these.  Second, they need better icons that clearly identify what they are.  Sometimes you see 5 black things going across the road and you know they're friendly but you don't know if they're C4 or mines.  Also maybe an audible warning as well.

5.  This one is more of a suggestion than a bug.  Maybe nobody agrees with me on this but I think punishment should be lowered to -1 per TK and mandatory.  I think this would stop a lot of the bickering that is going on.  It never was an issue in DC.  If you TKed on accident you just took your negative score and kept going.  Now people get all pissy about it.
Buzerk1
+44|6876
I do feel sad for those who have problems with this game and you feel you must boycott BF2:SF... go for it.

Slick:

Reason #1: Hardware/Software problem, it may not even be BF2 the problem. Remember, ATI had to come up with a fix in catalyste 5.8, because THEIR driver was not working properly. You have a unique configuration? You know other people that have the same configuration? May be you should start there instead of crying in the corner "My game doesn't work... it EA faults...mouuhahahaa..snif..snif..".

Reason #2: I don't know where you guys are playing but it happenned to me may be once or twice in 4 months. But yes, if it happen to you on every map...may be you are color blind? I don't know loll j/k.

Reason #3: Yup they suck and that's why I stop using it. Part of the game, not a bug. I like tanks to be able to fly, should I report it to EA?? j/k

Reason #4: ?? I don't take any chances, I just drive around any "dog poop" I see on the ground...safer this way. Part of the game,  not a bug.

Reason #5: I don't talk about TK here anymore...I have been warned by Mr. Happy. But it's not a bug, what makes you unhappy maked the other person happy.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6827|The Void
Well I preordered mine.
Im here to have fun.

You guys go boycott Ill be playing.
SlickWRX
+6|6783

Buzerk1 wrote:

I do feel sad for those who have problems with this game and you feel you must boycott BF2:SF... go for it.

Slick:

Reason #1: Hardware/Software problem, it may not even be BF2 the problem. Remember, ATI had to come up with a fix in catalyste 5.8, because THEIR driver was not working properly. You have a unique configuration? You know other people that have the same configuration? May be you should start there instead of crying in the corner "My game doesn't work... it EA faults...mouuhahahaa..snif..snif.."..
I don't even think so.  This is a BF2 problem!  It happened with the most recent patch.  The other guys I know with the same problem are running totally different hardware but have the same EXACT problem.  Random drops to the desktop.  They are running AMD CPUs with Nvidia cards.  I on the other hand am running an Intel CPU with an ATI card.  I'm not "crying in the corner".  I can play the game fine for several hours on end.  Its just an annoyance I would like to see fixed.  I would like to add to the fact that none of the other games I play (Half Life 2, WoW, WC3 TFT) have this issue.  None of them have ever just crashed to the desktop.

Buzerk1 wrote:

Reason #2: I don't know where you guys are playing but it happenned to me may be once or twice in 4 months. But yes, if it happen to you on every map...may be you are color blind? I don't know loll j/k.
No it doesn't happen to me on every map.  That still does not make it right.  It should never happen.  Its a bug and it needs to be fixed.

Buzerk1 wrote:

Reason #3: Yup they suck and that's why I stop using it. Part of the game, not a bug. I like tanks to be able to fly, should I report it to EA?? j/k
Its a flaw in the game.  EA knows it and tried to fix it in the latest patch.  I'm willing to bet they will try to fix it again.  Its not just me that complains about it.  Most of the community knows it needs to be addressed.

Buzerk1 wrote:

Reason #4: ?? I don't take any chances, I just drive around any "dog poop" I see on the ground...safer this way. Part of the game,  not a bug.
Its not a bug but this would be a very easy new feature to implement.  If I C4 a bridge I would like my teammates to be able to tell from a distance that its just C4 so that they can drive over it safely.  Also if you're infantry you would assume that a red skull and crossbones represents a friendly mine or C4 on the ground.  Then you walk by it and and find out its a claymore.

Buzerk1 wrote:

Reason #5: I don't talk about TK here anymore...I have been warned by Mr. Happy. But it's not a bug, what makes you unhappy maked the other person happy.
I would just like to see more gaming and less bickering.  Of course teamkills are part of the game.  However by giving people the choice of when and when not to punish it you get too many pissing and moaning in the game.

Last edited by SlickWRX (2005-11-18 10:06:44)

Malo
+0|6811
Man i play really with no problems, i mean i allmost never have ping problems, sometimes it crashes-WHEN I DONT RESTART MY COMP in 2 weeks or if my CPU is sorrounded by a 2inch thick layer of dust. I havent really noticed any bugs that will change gameplay when fixed. Most of those things are just something you want to see not something that should be there. Im getting special forces on the first day more maps is pretty much the highlight of this expansion.
Buzerk1
+44|6876
Malo, you and I must be the exception here LMFAO
GotMex?
+193|6803

I'm like reading to all these posts and it's just the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again. I wish people would read other posts and build up from that, not just come in and post "dude the game rocks, you are just an idiot".
SlickWRX
+6|6783
Did I also mention they didn't implement CTF in the game?  WTF?  I get to choose from conquest or conquest mode.  I'm really missing CTF from the DC days.
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6779|Chicago
I agree with your propasal.. but if anyone here has played any of the ghost recons you should know what i am saying .... they all posted flames left and right about the games and how they would nit buy the new one. Guess what those same guys where posting the same flames over the new ones the same day they came out. It is all about business and $$$$ but ea has been one of the better with patch releases then some gaming companies who take months and still no fix.
[TUF]Chasepwner
+0|6775
Here is my complaints:

> FIX THE HITBOXES!! I shouldn't have to shoot someone 20 times to kill them!
> Add more reserve ammo and a grenade launcher attachment to the G3 unlock. (Assault unlock)
> Make the grenade launcher less effective, not nesesarily making it weaker.
Cablespider
+0|6886|Occupied Chicago

SlickWRX wrote:

Did I also mention they didn't implement CTF in the game?  WTF?  I get to choose from conquest or conquest mode.  I'm really missing CTF from the DC days.
Amen!
Speelbal
+146|6792|Netherlands

xilix wrote:

Speelbal wrote:

dracul wrote:

Narf!

High ping is because of the system specs. I have the minimum system specs, i have the latest drivers, i have a crappy cable company, i dont need to test my router, i dont need to forward any more ports i dont need a speedtest i dont need any of that.
You claim to know a great deal about computers yet say that high ping is because of systems specs???  Look up what ping acutally is...hint...google ICMP.  You admit to having a shit computer and a crappy cable connection yet blame EA for having problems playing the game?  Either upgrade your shit or go back to playing Tribes since that probably runs fine on what you got.
Read carefully. In Battlefield vietnam you could have 400 ping. In Battlefield 2 you can't have that number. You will be kicked intstantly. And that is because of the high performance of BF2. I do NOT admit I have a crappy computer, I admit I have a crappy cable company. And then Im talking about service and random failures of the modem. It has nothing to do with 'Speed'. Damn, I hate it when people draw fast conclusions.

The lockups and crashes to desktop are created by software/hardware incompatibilty. Battlefield 2 has many demands and is kind of a whiner regarding to your system. I have no problem there, just fix the rest. And there's a lot that's need to be fixed.

1 more thing, the next fanboy that thinks he/she needs to post "I just bought it and just play." or "Get a life" i will personally twist your neck and turn your guts inside out. SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING DUMMIES!
SMKpaladin
+0|6781|Germany

[TUF]Chasepwner wrote:

Here is my complaints:

> FIX THE HITBOXES!! I shouldn't have to shoot someone 20 times to kill them!
> Add more reserve ammo and a grenade launcher attachment to the G3 unlock. (Assault unlock)
> Make the grenade launcher less effective, not nesesarily making it weaker.
Why don't u just try to shoot only once a second, shooting 20 rounds at someone is getting you only some unwanted attention. Also try aiming at the head, I really doubt, that you actually hit someone 20 times on critical locations.

More reserve ammo? What do you think is the support gunner's ammo pack good for? Ask for ammo and the game shows 'em all on your map, get in range of one and you can be sure he'll give you ammo, as he get's points for it.
I kinda have to agree to the G3 / Handgrenade solution, during my time at the army (german army called is Bundeswehr) I had a G3 (like all the others had, too) but I also had a seperate grenade launcher with me, it would be cool if this could be changed in BF2, the german grenade launcher is called Granatpistole (which translates: grenade pistol).

How should this be done? It still is an explosive grenade that is being launched, so how could it be less effective? Blast radius? Damage? Have you ever seen pictures of ppl that actually got hit by an M203 grenade or anything similar? Even if they do survive, they sure at least once wished, it would have been a "one-hit-kill"
xilix
+0|6807

Speelbal wrote:

Read carefully. In Battlefield vietnam you could have 400 ping. In Battlefield 2 you can't have that number. You will be kicked intstantly. And that is because of the high performance of BF2. I do NOT admit I have a crappy computer, I admit I have a crappy cable company. And then Im talking about service and random failures of the modem. It has nothing to do with 'Speed'. Damn, I hate it when people draw fast conclusions.

The lockups and crashes to desktop are created by software/hardware incompatibilty. Battlefield 2 has many demands and is kind of a whiner regarding to your system. I have no problem there, just fix the rest. And there's a lot that's need to be fixed.

1 more thing, the next fanboy that thinks he/she needs to post "I just bought it and just play." or "Get a life" i will personally twist your neck and turn your guts inside out. SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING DUMMIES!
400 ping?  That means that your packets are taking 400ms to reach the destination server over the internet - again not under EAs control.  You wil be kicked because the person who owns the server doesnt want people with shitty connections to the internet playing on their server - again not under EAs control. 

You say the lockups and crashes to the desktop are caused by software/hardware compatibility - so youre saying your hardware isnt compatible with the game - again not EAs fault.

I'm glad that you think that those of us that have no problems are fanboys because I do like this game and that make me a fan.  You have fun with your boycott as you will probably be the only one doing it as you havent provided one single compelling arguement for people to want to follow you to the hippie commune.  BTW, I assume you wont be installing the 1.12 patch since you are boycotting...

Last edited by xilix (2005-11-19 08:24:20)

Speelbal
+146|6792|Netherlands
Right xilix. YOu still have a lot to learn my friend.

Read ALL the posts.

About the 400 ping. I said it was possible in Battlefield VIETNAM to have a ping of 400 and you won't get kicked and won't have lag.

About the lockups and crashes: Videocard mostly. Battlefield 2 demands that you have one that meets their demands. If not, you get crashes and lockups.

I think I won't be the only one. Coz my brother is boycotting too, I'm sure we're atleast with the two of us. Installing a pacth doesn't mean I give money to EA does it now..

And a hippie commune is something else as boycotting, or just not buying anymore EA games.

Still learn much to my friend..Force you don't yet have...

Now I read about the patch I see why you have to learn even more. The patch is for Special Forces wich I'm not going to buy, you silly.

Last edited by Speelbal (2005-11-19 13:36:05)

Possum61
+9|6788|Philly PA USA

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I second that emotion. 
I 3rd that Dave     
Buzerk1
+44|6876
Speelbal... next time make it clear... don't ask other people opinion and don't give yours either... What you are saying is "Don't tell me you don't have any problems with BF2, because I do and if I do, everybody does, hell my brother does"

Next time just say: "All in favor of a boycott say YEA.... all againts say: NEA"

Even better, make it a poll.... no need to get all emotional about it... I just hope with all these problems you did voice your problem to EA...did you?

I'll repeat what I said, if the game is that bad, don't boycott it, just stop playing it. If you are still playing there must be something good in the game...

The glass is either half empty or half full... what is it for you?

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-11-19 15:36:15)

Umbra Acciptris
+1|6795
I only got this game in antcipation of the mods to be released for it.  Dice makes great engines, but EA never has the patients to flesh them out.  That is what the modding community is for.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard