kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6520|Southeastern USA
even your links contradict each other
What was the attitude of the AC? What were it's yaw, pitch, roll angles?
If farmer brown saw it just a few dozen feet over his head, and it was at a 45 degree angle, then why is he still alive? The impact wave alone would have killed him if that angle is correct, and if the AC crashed a few miles away, then it wouldn't have been so close to him at 45 degrees.

The b-52 was in a drill, they do this alot more often than any of us would be comfortable knowing, and thankfully fly too high for most people to see.
Most nukes are not loaded with their trigger mechanisms when they go in flight, the pilot doesn't know whether or not they are "hot", he just gets a scramble order and sees the loaders rolling a magazine out to his AC. Many times they are not issued a recall or notice that it is a drill until they are within minutes of their destination. This particular one flew around for several hours while they debated dropping them into the sea, as the lack of a detonator only prevents full reaction, and does not guarantee that radioactive material will not be released.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6551
"if the plane was in a covered area, cell phones can work, EM transmissions go in every direction, many planes have onboard phone systems"

Yeah the planes have onboard phone systems, but cell phones?  Come on, gimme a break.  I've actually tried my phone on every flight since then and nothing, nada.  Didn't someone try experiments at various altitudes and the success rates of the signals were almost nil?
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

puckmercury wrote:

Last2Stand wrote:

Well, if they did shoot it down, I wouldnt be surprised. Bothered, yes. Surprised, no.
I'm not sure I'd be bothered.  It would be unfortunate, but when weighed against the likely alternative, I would do the same.  I'm not saying it DID happen, but if it did I would certainly support it.  The choice was 150 dead or thousands dead.  What call would you make?  "Let God sort it out?"  "Not our place to play God?"  He helps those who help themselves.
Bingo.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

"if the plane was in a covered area, cell phones can work, EM transmissions go in every direction, many planes have onboard phone systems"

Yeah the planes have onboard phone systems, but cell phones?  Come on, gimme a break.  I've actually tried my phone on every flight since then and nothing, nada.  Didn't someone try experiments at various altitudes and the success rates of the signals were almost nil?
I doubt you could have a very long conversation due to their airspeed, and probably not at normal cruise altitude, but they were well below their normal operational altitude from what I understand, in the ranges reserved for private and charter planes, let me put it this way, if your 5 miles east of a cell tower, and you have a signal, why can't you have one if your only 3 miles above a cell tower?

back to topic, I have listened numerous times, and it just sounds like a slip up, though for the sake of argument lets say he did intend to say "shot down", the people he is still talking about are the terrorists, he wasn't referring to the air force or army

and I for one would have approved, it's cold to say, but those people were dead anyway, all you can do is lessen the damage/casualties, but from what I understand the interceptors were just loaded with cannon, not with any a2a missiles

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-11 07:48:34)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6498|Portland, OR USA

kr@cker wrote:

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

I doubt you could have a very long conversation due to their airspeed, and probably not at normal cruise altitude, but they were well below their normal operational altitude from what I understand, in the ranges reserved for private and charter planes, let me put it this way, if your 5 miles east of a cell tower, and you have a signal, why can't you have one if your only 3 miles above a cell tower?
exactly.  normal cruise altitude is about 6 miles up, and you pass cell towers so quickly that even if you were in range of one, you'd be just as quickly out of range.  however, if you're flying low and slow enough to pilot into, say, the World Trade Center - then you have a very real chance of getting a signal, especially since you're flying into a cell tower.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
that's right, I completely forgot all about the antennaes covering the roofs of the WTC
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6551

puckmercury wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

exactly.  normal cruise altitude is about 6 miles up, and you pass cell towers so quickly that even if you were in range of one, you'd be just as quickly out of range.  however, if you're flying low and slow enough to pilot into, say, the World Trade Center - then you have a very real chance of getting a signal, especially since you're flying into a cell tower.
Okay, keep arguing about the cell phone calls, but what makes me laugh is the transcript the have of the guy who calls his mom and goes "Mom?", she goes "Yes", and he says "This is John Smith (or whatever his name was, can't remember)."

I know everytime I call my mom on the phone I say "Hello mother, this is Haywood Jablowme speaking.."
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6498|Portland, OR USA
I'm not arguing that that conversation makes any sense whatsoever, just that I bet you get a reception flying low and fast into a cell tower
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

PoP wrote:

O.o

www.loosechange911.com

im sure quite a few people have seen that. Very suspicious.
O.o
http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=5154
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sagexp
+16|6525
To the guys that say Americans wouldnt shoot down a plane, FACT theres is a policy where if a plane is not under control and might crash into a civilian population they can recieve orders to shoot it down. Famous example being Payne Stewarts private jet, the cabin had depressurized and killed everyone in it but the plane still carried on with auto pilot. Jets were scrambled to recon it then shadow it and prepare too fire if it threatened a civilian population.
93 could possibly have been downed by fighters and the government hushed things up, as the Heros of 93 has a better ring to it than the victims of 93

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard