Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764
Normally I am completely opposed to the Commander doing anything but commanding.  Get your head down in your screen, and monitor the action.  I really hate it when I see them in a jet or attack chopper...you just can't keep track of the action when you are flying.

But let me share this little story.  I'm commanding today at Wake, safely below deck.  Great team, we end up squeezing the Chinese back to only South Base and Beach.  One ambitious little fella slips into the water and swims over with his C4 strapped to his helmet, and blows our arty.  My usual trick, if no one on the team will repair, is to wait for enemy to leave or be killed, then hover over in the BH, give it a quick fix, then get back to dropping UAV, etc.  (I prefer to use supplies for the team, and not to fix stuff.)

I watch him for a bit, he's not heading to the carrier, he's content to just sit in the AA.  Well, that ruins my little BH move.  Then I notice a second guy out there, must be a spawning squad mate, and he is a sniper.  Well, now getting out there in a boat will be hazardous to my health too.

I notice that a jet is on the deck, with only two spawns left it seems most guys are content to fight on ground.  I make sure no one wants it, then decide to break my cardinal rule, and get in the jet.
UAV refreshed....check
Supplies dropped...check
Ready for takeoff...

I arched the jet up to the right as I took off, and made a long swoop to the island.  I smiled as I switched to bomb mode, and saw the AA box light up.  "Ah, there you are, my friend...just as I'd hoped."
BOMBS AWAY!
Two kills. 
I circled around again, and bailed out.  I wouldn't even permit myself one pass over the South Base...those are the rules for Commander.  As I floated to the sand in my parachute, I pulled out my wrench, sparked up the Commander screen again and thought "gee, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this game!"

Last edited by Rick_O_Shea678 (2006-07-10 16:33:42)

Audio
+130|6543|Orlando, FL
Leet story?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6653|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
want a cookie?

there'll no doubt be a reference to one of stryykers amazing threads about you being the "OMFG this one time..." guy..
LT.Victim
+1,175|6574|British Columbia, Canada
This one time at band camp...
Slam
+74|6646
I command in a jet all the time and even the admin doesnt care really caz i still play artly, uav, all that good stuff, and doin my job lol...while flying. its not hard to master any noob can command and fly in a helo. helo is a no no though.......EMO!!!!!!!!!! ?
dankassasin42o
+68|6690|Reefersyde, CA
Good man.     I like to TEAMKILL faggot commanders who A) Fly an dont command, or B) THOSE WHO USE THE FUCKING SUPPLIES AS THEIR OWN LIL REPAIR BOX FOR ASSETS ---  BIG WRONG.   GET THE FUCK OFF YOU LAZY COMMANDING ASS, an FIX IT YOURSELF if your team wont.    Just dont give them supplies as well if the wont listen.    I tend to give them away to the enemy, if they dont follow orders.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6671|The darkside of Denver
Jesus why is everyone here such a bunch of assholes.. nice story dude. pay no attention the those retards above, they are socially crippled..... minus the last two posters of course.

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2006-07-10 16:57:23)

(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6555|Boise, Idaho
Thats what I am like its just I always get booted for doing that I see so many other people but when I do little stuff like that I am the one kicked.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6582|England

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Jesus why is everyone here such a bunch of assholes.. nice story dude. pay no attention the those retards above, they are socially crippled..... minus the last two posters of course.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6712|Australia
Why don't you just drop supplies on arty.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Because I would also be dropping them to the nasty little vermin SpecOps who blew it in the first place.
If he's really smart, he'll get 10 C4 packs out of my supply box, then blow the arty again.
dankassasin42o
+68|6690|Reefersyde, CA

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

you are a prime example of a command that gets TKed by me.

SUPPLIES ARE MORE NEED BY THE TEAM THEN YOUR FUCKING ARTY.     GO FUCKING FIX IT YOUR SELF.   Team doesnt want to do it.  Send the supply box in to enemy lines.    That way, maybe they get thier ass kicked getting to it.  And start listening to orders
l41e
+677|6659

dankassasin42o wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

SUPPLIES ARE MORE NEED BY THE TEAM THEN YOUR FUCKING ARTY.     GO FUCKING FIX IT YOUR SELF.   Team doesnt want to do it.  Send the supply box in to enemy lines.    That way, maybe they get thier ass kicked getting to it.  And start listening to orders
Your team needs it, therefore send supplies to the enemy? And the commander doesn't get any orders, he gives orders.

(forgive me if I misunderstood your post)
TngoWsky
+5|6596|MS
Well, I for one, like the fact that he has principles. He does what a Great commander needs to do. +1 for you.
TngoWsky
+5|6596|MS

dankassasin42o wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

I like the way you think. Make them work for it if they wont listen.
InnerMonkey
+62|6730

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6572|Australia, NSW
why would people even command in a jet anyway- if ur trying to get points, ull be better not commanding, so u actually get points for kills etc. if i get a jet, i usually get a medal.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764
Thanks to those who read the story, and liked it.
It was a big day for me as Commander, and I was a little excited.
I post the following as a tribute, and in thanks, to all the brothers, mates, amigos, comrades, and buddies who earned every point I needed for this badge.

https://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5816/screen065expertcommand49ok.png

Last edited by Rick_O_Shea678 (2006-07-13 00:42:56)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland
5. The "This One Time" Guys

"This one time I was walking down the street in Karkand and this dude came around the corner so we started shooting at each other but we both missed so we had to reload and then we shot again and we both missed so we had to reload again and then we ran out of ammo so we started pistol fighting and we missed so we started reloading and then we shot at each other some more and then we ran out of ammo again and then we pulled out our grenades but we both through them over each others shoulders and so we pulled out our knives and we started running at each other and all of the sudden a car came out of nowhere and ran over him and I was standing there laughing so hard and all of the sudden some artillery came down and killed me and then some random guy came and teabagged me so I tried to get the admin to ban him cause that was gay but the admin wouldn't do it so I left and decided to come here to BF2s and tell all of you about because it was funny and it sucked at the same time and the admin was a faggit and needs to have the ROE guys take his admin away from him and wipe his stats because he is not a good admin so +1 karma me if you would because I want to be l33t."

Shut the fuck up with that shit.
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Chill.

Last edited by jord (2006-07-12 11:55:16)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland

jord wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Chill.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=33049
jord

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

jord wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Chill.
What,which guy am i meant to be?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland

jord wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

jord wrote:

Chill.
What,which guy am i meant to be?
-.-, I copyed and pasted from there so tell Cougar to chill
jord
Okay i will,sorry.
ValentijnR
+18|6565
you fucked up a 16 million dollar jet and 2 300.000 dollar bombs to kill 2 guys and fix a 1 million dollar arty?

ok

Last edited by ValentijnR (2006-07-12 12:00:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard