Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts
I've been thinking about these changes for a while and I think they're quite fair but I'd appreciate some feedback.

Change 1: Engineers (while on foot) get repair points twice as fast as they currently do.

Reason: Currently you will only get a single point for restoring an asset, also it would encourage people in armour to actually have engineers on foot, repairing each others vehicles. After you've dropped your AT mines it's hard to actually earn points on foot.

Change 2: Medics should only get a single point for a revive.

Reason: I think it's honestly a bit unfair for Medics to get the highest nuber of points given for a single action merely for zapping a prone body. I've started playing Medic a bit more to get my time in line with my other kits but I'm often top of the leaderboard and dont feel it's deserved. It's not like I cant hold my own in terms of firepower anyway!

Change 3: The P90 should be availible for use on Special Forces instead of the DAO.

Reason: The P90 is my favourite gun, it doesnt outclass any other gun and so i feel more pride in my kills, also very few people take it into combat and I like having a signature weapon... Oh yeah, it's also the SPECIAL FORCES UNLOCK!!! Why isn't it in SF?

Sorry if any of these things go against your personal style of play but i think they're fair changes, let me know what you think and whether you have any changes of your own. (Refer to changes 1, 2 and 3 to save on a 'quote' cascade forming)
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
Medics DO only get 1 point for a revive
Microwave
_
+515|6675|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
They are all exactly what i want, good thinking!

edit: they dont, they get 2

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-07-12 05:38:20)

Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Medics DO only get 1 point for a revive
If I'm wrong i apologise, but I'm almost 100% sure medics get 2 points for a revive.

Anyone comment?
Bleh
+4|6651
Yes, 2 points for a revive.

Its common knowlage.
masterofflama
+19|6604|European Battlefield Command

Sea_JayUK wrote:

I've been thinking about these changes for a while and I think they're quite fair but I'd appreciate some feedback.

Change 1: Engineers (while on foot) get repair points twice as fast as they currently do.

Reason: Currently you will only get a single point for restoring an asset, also it would encourage people in armour to actually have engineers on foot, repairing each others vehicles. After you've dropped your AT mines it's hard to actually earn points on foot.

Change 2: Medics should only get a single point for a revive.

Reason: I think it's honestly a bit unfair for Medics to get the highest nuber of points given for a single action merely for zapping a prone body. I've started playing Medic a bit more to get my time in line with my other kits but I'm often top of the leaderboard and dont feel it's deserved. It's not like I cant hold my own in terms of firepower anyway!

Change 3: The P90 should be availible for use on Special Forces instead of the DAO.

Reason: The P90 is my favourite gun, it doesnt outclass any other gun and so i feel more pride in my kills, also very few people take it into combat and I like having a signature weapon... Oh yeah, it's also the SPECIAL FORCES UNLOCK!!! Why isn't it in SF?

Sorry if any of these things go against your personal style of play but i think they're fair changes, let me know what you think and whether you have any changes of your own. (Refer to changes 1, 2 and 3 to save on a 'quote' cascade forming)
I agree with point 1 and 3.
Medics should have two points, becaouse revive is something opposite to kill also worth one ticket.

Last edited by masterofflama (2006-07-12 06:09:05)

BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
I only get 1 as far as I know
masterofflama

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

I only get 1 as far as I know
Mayby you are playing patch 1.0?
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
No, 1.3
okashii
+34|6548|I'm form Poland and I hate it
trust me you get 2 points for a revive - I have my files edited so that it says how many points I get for everything

Change : a person killed by a head-shot cannot be revived
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
I can't believe I was getting 2 points all along! On some other forums, I always thought I got 2 points but they said 1!
okashii
I know how you feel, it's like the time you find out that Santa doesn't exists....it hurts...
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
He doesn't exist!?!?
okashii
ups um...I meant Satan...typo...Santa exists don't worry you will get your presents...
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6639|Cork, Ireland
OK, that's a relief
acidkiller187
+123|6650
Medic should get 2 points, cause there more vulnerable ta attack running around with shock-paddles and all XD
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6565|BorĂ¥s, Sweden

okashii wrote:

ups um...I meant Satan...typo...Santa exists don't worry you will get your presents...
Satan doesn't exist......
okashii
crap um..I meant Santana <Carlos> doesn't exist.....don't worry Satan still watches over us all

Last edited by okashii (2006-07-12 07:00:10)

masterofflama

okashii wrote:

crap um..I meant Santana <Carlos> doesn't exist.....don't worry Satan still watches over us all
like Holy Lemon
Von_Dog
+0|6535
here's some of what I would change.
when in a vehicle, killing something only gets you one point.
Killing someone in a vehicle gets you three points.

Think about it, taking out the enemies tank is more valuable than taking out a foot soldier.  You should get more points for it.

In most games, the players with the golds, silvers, and bronzes are in heli's, planes, tanks, and apc's.  Of course a tank driver should kill more opponents than a foot soldier.  If tanks and heli's weren't more efficient at killing than armies would spend millions building them.

Also, if the points that the vehicle whores got reduced, people wouldn't whore them as much.  The senseless TK'ing would be reduced.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6569|UK

On the medic front, think of it like this

You kill and enemy soldier, meaning for atleast 15 seconds, your tream has a slight advantage, as your enemy is one man down, ok 2 point's.  Reviving a team mate, gives your team an advantage by having an extra man on the field, if you think of it like that, you see why a revive works out as just as valuable as a kill.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts

Bell wrote:

On the medic front, think of it like this

You kill and enemy soldier, meaning for atleast 15 seconds, your tream has a slight advantage, as your enemy is one man down, ok 2 point's.  Reviving a team mate, gives your team an advantage by having an extra man on the field, if you think of it like that, you see why a revive works out as just as valuable as a kill.
I understand your point, also that your team will not lose a ticket when you respawn as it doesnt count as using up a ticket to come back to life, however in my opinion, while it's useful, you shouldnt be rewarded with 2 points merely for bringing someone back to the game a few seconds early. 1 point is still a point and it's the same amount you would get for a flag capture assist and currently for reviving your asset (Surely an asset is more help to your team than a single soldier coming back into the game!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard