Kulamonster3
+0|6556
Hello Fellow BF2ers,

For 3 nights in a row, I have been having some awesome fun with Squads that actually use VOIP and work as a team.  The only problem is that after serval rounds the whole BF2 screen freezes.  I have to "ctrl - alt - del"  to get back to the desk top, and there is this tiny window telling me that BF2 has caused a Memmory Sanity Error.  It will not let me click the ignore, continue or quit button in the window, but I can click the little red X to get rid of the entire window and then BF2 quits totally.  BF2.exe and ~E00005 files shut down.

Anyone know why BF2 is causing this error???

Has anone else got this Error???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Kulamonster 3

rig specs:

AMD FX55 CPU
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
500W PS Ultra Connects modular
2 GB Corsair Platinum Matched Twin RAM (ultra low latency)
256MB Nvidia 6800 PCIE (in single slot not SLI)
Dual 120GB SATA striped HDD
SB Audigy 2 platinum gamer
Platronics Headset
Razer Diamondback 1600dpi Mouse
7 Fans to keep the puppy cool!!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6659|Washington DC

I've had the frozen screen about 2-3 times since patch 1.3 (once, it even crashed my Windows XP OS).  I'm just assuming it is a side affect of the unstable 1.3 patch that causes CTDs and server crashes.

For your particular problem, check out badhq's post in this thread.

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-07-11 07:05:20)

TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6682
I've gotten the following message before:

"memory.dll: sanity check: block size 545950096 (520.66MB) doesn't seem sane"

Usually it happens after loading a map on SF and clicking Join Now. It could be a bug, or you have bad memory. Go to http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and download the bootable floppy file(if you have a floppy drive) or the .iso file for burning to a bootable CD. Run that and see if you get a lot of errors. If not just blame BF2 for being a buggy POS.
Kulamonster3
+0|6556
I have tested RAM and it is Fine
I have tested both SATA HDDs and they are fine
All Drivers are upto date

Never got this Error and I have been playing everynight since December 2005!!!

This is the first time I have gotten this error.  Could it be something funky with patch 1.3.  I get a lot more CTDT after this patch and a lot more Lost Connection to Server Errors, then before I installed the full 1.3 patch??
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6533|Little blue planet, milky way
Just a thought here.... It's now SUMMER... a HOT summer. And heat kinda affects the state of your hardware. Ideally, a harddrive needs to be no more then 55 degrees Celcius, and memory the same or less. When you've been playing for a while, your PC parts "heat up". And if the ambient temperature is high, it's even harder for the system to get rid of the heat. So ensure that you have sufficient cooling. Last week, I also had to shut down my system for an hour before it would run decently again.

BTW; watercooling only servers to ensure that your GPU/CPU is cooled. Usually not your memory/HDD etc. "Surplus" heat NEEDS to be vented from your casing or the memory WILL overheat and cause "random" errors. It's tough to FIND such erros because it's very difficult to replicate the circumstances. However, running a memory test IMMEDIATELY after getting the error or checking your casing temp when you get the error will help a lot.

Indications that heating might be the problem include but arte not limited to:
* Random reboots
* Errors become more frequent the longer you use the PC
* Fan is running at higher speed for extended periods of time.

Just a thought. But in my experience, "sudden problems" that cannot be replicated at will, are in close to 90% of the cases caused by overheating. New PC's use a LOT of power, and power turns into heat as it is being discharged throughout the system.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard