RDMC_old
+0|6746|Almere, Holland
As the title sais: Does anyone know whether you can continue Special Forces with your excesting acount, because i aint going to play again and start all over again, the amount of over you need to play is already ridicously.. thats all.
section9
+9|6857|USA
you can peobably use your existing account but I would bet that everyone regardless of rank will have to start out as a private again and that sucks bigtime........
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6792|The Hague, Holland

section9 wrote:

you can peobably use your existing account but I would bet that everyone regardless of rank will have to start out as a private again and that sucks bigtime........
You better not be true...
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6765

I'd say yes because EA would piss off quite a few people starting from scratch but...EA's track record isn't exactly shining
WhiteStain
+3|6746|NEPA
I will put money on it that you will not have to start over again. People aren't realizing its an EXPANSION pack, not a new game, they are just adding maps and weapons and toys. Don't worry people your rank and medals will stay the same.
section9
+9|6857|USA
I hope I'm wrong too but they usually like to make their games as aggravating as possible....don't know why.
RDMC_old
+0|6746|Almere, Holland

WhiteStain wrote:

I will put money on it that you will not have to start over again. People aren't realizing its an EXPANSION pack, not a new game, they are just adding maps and weapons and toys. Don't worry people your rank and medals will stay the same.
I hope you're right man else I would be really pissed of at EA/ Dice.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
Well, if you don't have to start over then we should be expecting a HUGE patch out anytime in the next few weeks.  If everything in SF is to be ranked then they have to add all the new weapons, vehicles etc etc into our BFHQ's, which they havent so far.  I'm pretty sure thier going to have it as a seperate ranking system.
Neuronal
+0|6797|Michigan, USA
Well, if you don't have to start over then we should be expecting a HUGE patch out anytime in the next few weeks.  If everything in SF is to be ranked then they have to add all the new weapons, vehicles etc etc into our BFHQ's, which they havent so far.  I'm pretty sure thier going to have it as a seperate ranking system.
i don't think so because the 2nd Lieutenant is not the highest rank in the army.
Bravery
+-1|6780
I doubt it, you will probably have to get new ranks in Special Forces to use the unlocks, unless they're the same unlocks as BF2.. In that case, I don't think I would go by the game.
WhiteStain
+3|6746|NEPA
ITS AN EXPANSION PACK, they are adding to the game, when you insert the new cd your new weapons will MAGICALLY appear, what don't you guys understand about this.
jnick
+22|6792
Did nobody read the interview?

You can use your currect account. You won't start from scratch, you'll continue with your current rank and points. Your unlocks from BF2 will transfer into SF. When you gain certain ranks with SF, you get to use the SF weapons in BF2.

It's all in black and white man . . .
Bravery
+-1|6780

WhiteStain wrote:

ITS AN EXPANSION PACK, they are adding to the game, when you insert the new cd your new weapons will MAGICALLY appear, what don't you guys understand about this.
Sounds like a wish, more then a fact.
Bravery
+-1|6780

jnick wrote:

You can use your currect account. You won't start from scratch, you'll continue with your current rank and points. Your unlocks from BF2 will transfer into SF. When you gain certain ranks with SF, you get to use the SF weapons in BF2.

Link please.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6792|The Hague, Holland

jnick wrote:

Wich brings me to this .
If the expansion is all about sneaking and being silent and stuff.
How can you be silent while your PKM is blasting your way through ?

Ohwell, Like I should care one bit of shit.

PKM owns, sneaky or not.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6762

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

jnick wrote:

Wich brings me to this .
If the expansion is all about sneaking and being silent and stuff.
How can you be silent while your PKM is blasting your way through ?

Ohwell, Like I should care one bit of shit.

PKM owns, sneaky or not.
Support will have a tear gas. So you dont have to be silent, you have to be smokey ROFL!
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6756|Somewhere in NYC
Why don't you all just go to Battlefield2.com and click on Special Forces expansion and READ!
(AEF)Greekiwi
+0|6780
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9210
jnick
+22|6792
Thanks for providing him with the linkage.
Heretic
+3|6787
If there was no ranking system do you beleive this game would hold the same value ? I think not. All theses make beleive medals and ranks bring people back. Why not rank up again ? Some small accomplishment while you waste time playing is a nice little reward. I think it would be nice to see the option to start a new SF account with your current  name, or just carry all your points over to the expansion.

Or maybe the expansion will open up new awards and medals that require you to start from the lower ranks again. Would most of you pass that up ? Of course this is all make beleive right now but I would enjoy earning some new crap the game has to offer. 

Hell, I'm not even buying the expansion ! I just love this page.

Last edited by Heretic (2005-11-17 20:12:59)

whit0x
Armour Anyone?
+0|6844
If all our points, unlocks etc. are getting transferred across, then at what amount of points are the SF unlocks awards etc. going to be given out? Blazin.UK has 200K + points, so does that mean the ranks start after 200K or will Blazin buy the game and start off as Uber Lord of the Universe? I don't think anyone can answer this on the forum but it opens up some interesting possibilities.
Cronjob
+1|6748|Broomfield, Colorado
Of course you don't have to start a new account. Why on earth would you? It's just an expansion pack. Who the hell ever heard of having to start the game over from the beginning just because someone added more content? I can't think of any MMORPGs (or much of any other genre) where that's required. All it does is give you some more maps, vehicles and nationalities.

Really, nothing to get worked up over.
Cronjob
+1|6748|Broomfield, Colorado

whit0x wrote:

If all our points, unlocks etc. are getting transferred across, then at what amount of points are the SF unlocks awards etc. going to be given out? Blazin.UK has 200K + points, so does that mean the ranks start after 200K or will Blazin buy the game and start off as Uber Lord of the Universe? I don't think anyone can answer this on the forum but it opens up some interesting possibilities.
What are you talking about? Start off what game? It's an EXPANSION PACK. It isn't a new game. It isn't a new "universe". It's adding some content to the existing game. Period. The unlocks will likely be at the same point. Why would it be any different?

"Expansion Pack".... see, I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Green-Lynx
+1|6754|Scotland!!!
orrrrrr maby they might add a new page in the BFHQ, same account but 2 pages for your stats, 2 ranks, one rank for regular BF2 and one rank for BF:SF

If your Master Sergeant on BF2, and you install the expansion pack you would still be Master Sergeant when you play the regular BF2 maps bla bla bla, but when you play the special forces maps you would be private and work your way up,  like when a soldier joins the special forces (well it happens in UK) they dont bring there rank to the new regiment, they start from the bottom and work up again

well..... thats what i would like to see happen
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

Green-Lynx wrote:

orrrrrr maby they might add a new page in the BFHQ, same account but 2 pages for your stats, 2 ranks, one rank for regular BF2 and one rank for BF:SF

If your Master Sergeant on BF2, and you install the expansion pack you would still be Master Sergeant when you play the regular BF2 maps bla bla bla, but when you play the special forces maps you would be private and work your way up,  like when a soldier joins the special forces (well it happens in UK) they dont bring there rank to the new regiment, they start from the bottom and work up again

well..... thats what i would like to see happen
please read the interview before posting....the answer to that is clearly given:

"You continue from your current rank and if you already have a very high rank you can even get unlockables directly since you have worked your way up in advance. I don't have the exact points in my head, but there is some room to play even for the high ranked players.

When you install and play the expansion you continue to build on your current profile. As you advance in rank you will gain access to weapons from the expansion to use in BF2. This means that there are no unique unlocks in the expansion but you unlock the possibility to use weapons from the expansion in the original game. "

so,you get to keep your ranks and points from BF2. and why not since there is only one account you play under. But the unlocks for certain SF weapons are at different points than they are in BF2, which means that for example as a Sergeant in BF2 you have 3 unlocks @ 2500 points, but when playing SF with that account you might only have one or two. If your account has enough points to qualify for unlocks in SF, you will have to decide which one to pick when you first log into SF, I suppose.
Please note though that there are no unique unlocks for SF. What will happen is you unlock the SF weapons for use in BF2. Accordingly, everyone will be using the same weapons in SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard