I don't play console games.20%20% - 12
I only have time to play BF2.8%8% - 5
Screw Crap Box, I'm waiting for PS3.27%27% - 16
Revolution is the right choice.3%3% - 2
What is a XBOX 360?1%1% - 1
Total: 59
MattCicioni
+1|6817|Arizona
Tell us your thoughts on Microsofts new Console.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6760|Atlanta, GA USA
I don't have the money to buy console games.  I spend enough on my PC Hardware/software...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6771|The Hague, Holland
I like playing consoles, I only started computer gaming 2 or 3 years ago, before that it whas a world filled with console games .
But I'm hooked on PC games now. Plus the fact I hate Microsoft thus the sexb0x360. I know the thing is good but come on Microsoft, do you have to own everything?. Leave the console market for the other compagnies.

However I did enjoyed several games on the XboX (Halo1+2, fable, unreal tournament, brothers in arms)

I only have time to play BF2
ATC
+58|6732|...
WAAAAAAY 2 expensive...
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6756|Canader , eh?
Whats Xbox 360?

no , just joking.....too expenseve...and probably a piece of crap

Last edited by [N.B]canadiannnn (2005-11-17 11:03:52)

MattCicioni
+1|6817|Arizona
Just a quick question.  To the guys saying too expensive.

How much did it cost for you to buy/build your current PC?

You need to think of it in relative terms, I spent well over 2000 bucks on my current PC, not mention I dump an extra 300 - 400 bucks a year into upgrades - new graphics cards, sounds cards, RAM, monitors, keyboards, mice, etc. etc.

SO, if you compare it with the cost of gaming on a high end PC to the cost of the new XBOX, it's really quite a bargin IMHO.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6743

Ah, console games are for suckers. I'm only gonna play Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy XII when they come out. (I have a PS2...duh)
slidero
I don't bother with consoles.
RDMC_old
+0|6724|Almere, Holland
I aint buying the XBOX 360.. first i will upgrade my computer and then i will buy the Nintendo Revolution which has the Motion controller:cool
RDMC_old
+0|6724|Almere, Holland
And XBOX mostly produce shooters.. and face it shooters are crap on a console.. so i use the Nintendo.. and play Mario! yeah.. LOL
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6763|Nova Scotia, Canada

RDMC wrote:

And XBOX mostly produce shooters.. and face it shooters are crap on a console.. so i use the Nintendo.. and play Mario! yeah.. LOL
James Bond Goldeneye for the N64 was easily, hands down, the best game ever made!
Snoogans84
+1|6747
I'm going to get it when I can afford it, which may or may not be when it is released in Australia.   I have a drumkit on order that will be here in march next year, I still have alot of money to pay off which I currently don't have, and might not have by the time its here.  I want the 360 so much though, I already have the 62" TV ready for it.
ayb
+0|6743|Orlando, FL
xbox 360 = xbox 1.5

anyone with a ps2 go out and buy guitar hero, between that and bf2 you should be able to hold out for ps3.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6740
PC Forever!

GL HF
Heretic
+3|6765
Seen Call of Duty on the 360. Looked very nice. I'll wait for the PS3.

I hate all Sony products but they have the best games.
Pig_Fooker
+1|6725|Temecula, CA

Prodie wrote:

RDMC wrote:

James Bond Goldeneye for the N64 was easily, hands down, the best game ever made!
Amen brother, amen.  Don't forget MarioCart for all of us who've experimented with drugs as a teen.
Possum61
+9|6737|Philly PA USA
No more of my $ to gates he has more than enought already   
vjs
+19|6759
I won't buy anymore junk from SOny since the DVD scandle.

Besides I can do other things with my computer which justifies cost.
Computers can be upgraded BOX can't.

As soon as the new version comes out your old ersion is garbage you can generally upgrade a computer.

ANYWAYS SONY MUST DIE
Aspectwolf
+0|6752
AnandTech tears apart their 360 to find out what makes it tick.

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610

I'll be waiting for the PS3, but modders will love the new X-Box as much as the old I'll bet.
ImaMedic
+1|6755|Where ever there's wounded

Prodie wrote:

RDMC wrote:

No way man. Tetris is hands down is THE ULTIMATE GAME! It's so simple yet soooooo addicting. NO ONE can ever resist the mesmorizing colored blocks.

On topic I might get the xbox 360. I'll wait a little while and see what people say.

Last edited by ImaMedic (2005-11-17 17:41:30)

Cronjob
+1|6726|Broomfield, Colorado
I've never been big into consoles or even owned one, but I was going to take the plunge with the XBOX 360 and PS3. Then Battlefield 2 came out and I decided to plunk down $3,000 for another killer gaming box and stick with PC gaming. I usually build at least one such system every year, but thought console gaming would be cheaper. After doing it for a couple months, I realized I didn't like it as much. There was a physical and mental disconnect when it came to the games and the intensity, control and intimate interaction you can have with a mouse, keyboard, 30" monitor and a foot between it and you is drastically different than the kludgy console controller with fudgy graphics on a huge screen with a non-responsive game (I'm sorry, but as nice as Halo2 is - how the hell do you play it for long periods of time? It shouldnt' even qualify as an FPS as it doesn't FEEL very first-person when you have to fight to maintain controller aptitude.

So yeah... I've decided I don't care much for consoles still and won't get involved with them. I'll use the money to buy more PC videogames. Or maybe I'll buy another 30" apple cinema display and hook the second one up to a second GeForce 7800 with an SLI board and have myself a nice 60" LCD
MattCicioni
+1|6817|Arizona

Aspectwolf wrote:

AnandTech tears apart their 360 to find out what makes it tick.

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610

I'll be waiting for the PS3, but modders will love the new X-Box as much as the old I'll bet.
Thanks for the link, that was interesting, since i pre-ordered mine months ago,  I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives next week.   Needless to say, I won't be opening mine up to look at the "guts"! 
Heretic
+3|6765
I stand by my Ps systems becuase they are pain and problem free. Stick the game in, enjoy. Always works, rarely crashes ( maybe one a month if your luck is horrible ) and many people have runined many online environments so good old singleplayer is going to make a comeback and the PS3 will be like the 2 before it.

The hardware never changed but the games always looked better with every passing year.

Had a friend once that only played pc and hated console. His loss. Nothing like a group of friends drinkin at home, fragin eachother on a nice 50" screen. Oh yes, the much hated split screen. Lol.

The sacrifice was always worth the fun had.

I hate Sony, bastards make a good code though.
Cronjob
+1|6726|Broomfield, Colorado

vjs wrote:

I won't buy anymore junk from SOny since the DVD scandle.
Unfortunately, that's easier to say than do. It's like saying "I'm never going to buy another product from Bayer". It's nice and all, but try finding a product that you rely on whether it's in the kitchen, garage, car, work, bathroom or laundryroom and livingroom that wasn't made by Bayer.

Computers can be upgraded BOX can't.
Not so much anymore. By the time you're ready to upgrade your system for the next generation of PC games, you'll need to buy a new motherboard, ram, cpu and videocard. There is a very small window of time where you could reasonbly say "I'm going to dump another $200 into my system to upgrade my CPU from 3.2ghz to 3.6ghz" and you usually end up having to buy an entirely new system with a whole new CPU socket/pin architecture.

As soon as the new version comes out your old ersion is garbage you can generally upgrade a computer.
This is a good point. The 360/PS3 games that look stunning today will be outperformed by computer hardware in six months to a year (if not already in most cases). Then you'll have five more years of gaming on console platforms that have inferior graphics to everything else going on with PCs.
MattCicioni
+1|6817|Arizona

Heretic wrote:

Had a friend once that only played pc and hated console. His loss.
Exactly!  I'm an equal oportunity gamer.  I own a lot of differeny systems becuase there are good games on all of them and I don't want to miss a good title. 

There are good games for all the systems ever created.  (not including N-gage)

After all, you play games, not systems....

-Matt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard