Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6687
In SF Assault is great, as they get the grappling hook and flashbangs
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Bucephale
+5|6683|yes, Canada
The Nerfed the Noob Tube, so no one wants to play it anymore..

English is not my first language, could you explain the meaning of this?????????
AK5489
+16|6542|US

J3ST3R wrote:

Assault should have this http://www.break.com/index/newarmor23.html
yes please
AK5489
+16|6542|US

Bucephale wrote:

The Nerfed the Noob Tube, so no one wants to play it anymore..

English is not my first language, could you explain the meaning of this?????????
made the m203 launcher weaker?
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6745
You can't spell Assault without Ass.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6801|UK
I play mainly assult with the F2000 and ive had so much practice with the nade launcher that i can hit most things 1st time, great for taking out jeeps full of men.
AK5489
+16|6542|US

Vilham wrote:

I play mainly assult with the F2000 and ive had so much practice with the nade launcher that i can hit most things 1st time, great for taking out jeeps full of men.
i cant stand the F2000 for some reason

for me its M16 > AK101 > pistol > butterknife > F2000

Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6602|Where I don't know where I am.
It used to be that Karkand was the map to avoid, because if you turned a corner to find an Assault guy, he'd jump in the air, fire his grenade launcher at the ground and you'd die instantly.  It was like playing 'instagib' on Unreal Tournament.

They then inserted a delay so that the shell has to travel a certain distance before it will explode.  They didn't 'nerf' the launcher as far as I'm concerned, it's still a viable weapon, but you actually have to have a modicom of skill to use it now.  So instead people choose the easier option of play which happens to be the hand grenades.

People also underestimate Assault as you also get Body Armour, medics don't.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6724|Tampa Bay Florida
Nowhere,
Badcomp
+2|6823|U.S.
Maybe it's me, but I feel like the actual travel of the 203, 101 shell has changed too. I used to be fairly accurate (62%) but I find it difficult to put it where I want it like I was able to before hand. Sometimes putting it where you intend doesn't always grant a kill. Far too many times I have seen people just waltz away from a direct shot or a pretty damned close one that should have killed.

The distance delay was needed, but it doesn't work too well since the bounce physics of the round isn't up to par. Try it against a wall at close range and watch. It'll typiclly hit the wall and "slide" down.
eldiablo10
+2|6669|New Jersey
I love the F2000

I use Assault all the time
chittydog
less busy
+586|6869|Kubra, Damn it!

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

chittydog wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

I'm getting ready to start playing assault exclusively and i'm still pretty accurate w the nade launcher,but i really like tea baggin fools w/ the flash bang.
How do you teabag someone with the flash bang?
It's easy!You throw it in a crowd of bad guy's and while they're savoring the flavor,you plug em.
That's not teabagging. This: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=30004 is teabagging.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727
I'm right here baby. (in a Fez voice)
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6614
The G3 is tits.  I use it all the time.  The AK aint bad either..
MrE`158
+103|6658

tehmoogles wrote:

And you can't spell "sniper" without "r penis".
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6603|Mountains of NC

MrE`158 wrote:

tehmoogles wrote:

And you can't spell "sniper" without "r penis".
HA HA HA I never realized that +1 for u
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6556
I play assult quite a bit. I like the GL.
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6661
Recently, i see many assault and no medics. Just then, i played Karkand (i usually dont, but i wanted to be commander for Expert Ground defense) and 3 were assault and there were no medics. And the others were spec Ops, Support or AT.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6568|Berlin, Germany

AK5489 wrote:

for me its M16 > AK101 > pistol > butterknife > F2000

I would change M16 and AK101, but you are right, F2000 is crap.
Real Assault dont use unlocks
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6631|Bellmawr, NJ, US
They didn't really nerf the gren launcher, just made it a smarter weapon.  When they added the unlocks for other kits it made the assault kit obsolete.  Plus the new weapons did the job just as well, if not better, than the assault weapons did.  Perhaps they should have added a bit to the armor or something, because 1 extra bullet doesn't help much against an automatic weapon.

I used assault cuz I was good with the gren launcher, and the flashy bang was the shit.  But I stopped as assualt because I got my expert and now I moved on.  But when there's ownage to be done, I go assault.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6854
why does no one play assault?

because most players are pussies. they couldn't handle the only good gun in the game before it was nerfed, and they're not about to touch it after it got nerfed.

what i want to know is, according to an interview with DICE, they said that they wanted to make the nade launcher an anti-vehicle weapon, not anti-infantry.

fine. then why the fuck did you make it WEAKER?

i still play assault more than any other class. i use smoke grenades. i use flashbangs. and i still fucking PWN with the nade launcher. i will go out of my way to get kills with the nade launcher, even if it means i have to walk an extra distance, or end up with fewer points.

why? because of spite. i want people to feel my wrath for getting my favorite weapon nerfed. i will spawn-rape with it from higher ground, and blow up enemies before they have a chance to get to cover. i will nade-snipe people from 75 yards away. noob toob? i'm alive, and you're dead. who's the newb now?
PRiMACORD
+190|6659|Home of the Escalade Herds
I think assault needs some special ability.

-Medic can heal himself after a fire fight
-AT has one hit kill rockets + good CQB guns
-Support has the Player Killing Machine and unlimited ammo
-Spec Ops has good guns + C4
-Sniper has gaymores and sniper rifles
-Engineer sucks also imo, only good for CQB and use with armor

Maybe assault should have the armor of support with the stamina of a sniper? Not sure if that would be enough...whatever...i think it needs something.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6655|London, England
Assault guy here. 100+ hours expert Assault all that (no i'm not one of those 10000 hour General BF2 players). It's gone nowhere, it's the class for the pro's, none of that self healing/G36E/nade spam bullshit.

It's gone for the idiots that used the GL all the time. If they nerfed the GL why didn't they nerf normal nades...Idiots.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-07-11 11:30:28)

Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6580
I just started playing assault and must say I love it.
My next 2 unlocks will be Assault for sure. I just like the feeling of the F2000 - it's maybe not as good as AK101, but it's more fun to me.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6697|Groningen, The Netherlands

VspyVspy wrote:

We shot them all
rofl, gues i helped XD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard