Drexor
+33|6633|Denmark
hey folks i would like to know if you have Battlefield vietnam and how it is to play online + how the updates including the WW2 mod is.

is it worth buying????

please only response to the question... no crosswords and so on.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6581
Wrong section.........
Drexor
+33|6633|Denmark

Bubbalo wrote:

Wrong section.........
sorry but didnt know were to put it...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6757|The Hague, Netherlands

Moved to: Not BF2, Not BF2s
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6654|South Jersey
From what I've heard, it sucks.  I have it, but I've never played it.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6730|Groningen / Netherlands
i installed BFV few days ago, only 500 poeople play it, was fun i couldnt play the ww2 mod though, strange reason it said corrupt data
Major Payne
+18|6799|Netherlands
worth buying : yes
wwII mod : suck the uuhhh.. how do i say it in english ehm the vihcle lengts hights and form are very unrealistic

its a fun game but bf2 is better the planes fly better in bf2 and are much faster to.
the ai pretty suck they will go in a car and do nothing so you can kill them very easy

the grapics are +- the same as bf2
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6587|Oxford
You might aswell just play BF2...or joint ops for a Vietnam feel
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6631|balls
it was fun for awhile but i'd never go back.  the only thing that sticks out was being able to add your own tunes when flying or driving around.  that was fun.
Mustang99
+9|6543
yea that is the main thing that i miss from vietnam
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6867|-
Mmm... I miss that M60/LAW combo
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6729|Sweden
Yeah, that was total pwnage
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6651|949

I actually just played it recently for the first time in ages.  I have to say, the no sprint was killing me, but the game play is still there, as are servers and gamers.  Hue and Quang Tri are still great infantry maps, and Operation Flaming Dart is still a great all out battle.

Edit: F the M60/LAW, Go CAR-15/GL.  That was the OG noob tube!

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-07-10 12:20:45)

LockerFish
+47|6725
BF:V with a WWII mod? um, please shoot yourself. There's a better mod called BF:1942.
MoChief
+67|6621
The M60 on initial release was unbeatable.  It was incredibly accurate, and had  devastating firepower. 

I miss helo rockets with splash damage.  The MI-8 was a flying battleship.

Also, napalm was always a nice kill. 

Lastly, I liked the bouncing betties.  They were rare kills to get and weren't spammed everywhere like claymores are now (yes, I know I'm guilty of doing this occasionally).
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6663|Cumberland, MD, USA

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Yeah, that was total pwnage
Especially in the first patch. Everyone was using it and everyone complained. 'Twas awesome.
Capt. Foley
+155|6607|Allentown, PA, USA
There are a bunch of great mods out there too for it. Point of Existence had a mod that usualy had more people playing then regular BFV which was around 1500. There are only like 2 servers up for that mod anymore and the game is realy starting to die out. It never realy was a good as BF1942 but the graphics are a nice improvement along with the faster swim speeds. But the tank shells are still stupid like they were in BF42. But it requires skill so I like it. Its worth getting. So far all BF games have been worth getting . Wonder how 2142 is gonna be.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6539|Adelaide, South Australia

OmG!!11 BF:V iZ TeH PwN!1!!one!!

wanna know why?

simply, music playing while you were in the vehicles. nothing is more fun than jumping in a Cobra and cranking out the Flight of the Valkyries, the only problem was when you put custom music in, no-one else could hear it... that would be a great edition for BF2 1.4 patch: BRING IN CUSTOM MUSIC!!!

and even better, music that can be heard by the enemy, as a psych-out thing while you're in a chopper... wait a minute...

*comes to realisation that he is derailing the thread*

i'll shut up now...
Drexor
+33|6633|Denmark
thanks you every1 for the info on bfv.
Reaper2325
+2|6742|New Hartford, New York
I enjoyed BF:V. The WW2 mod was ok, but the gameplay was better in BF:1942.

I do miss the torch, Boucing Betties, and the claymores were remote operated also If I remember correctly.  The M60/LAW combo was a blast. Nothing like being both anti-armor/anti-infintry with one kit.

You guys remember the timed exp pack? Thas was also fun to play with.

But I will admit, BF2 is better, even though I do miss some of the aspects of BF:V. Flaming Dart would be an interesting board for BF2
Slacker317
Everything's Eventual
+9|6590|USA - North Carolina

LockerFish wrote:

BF:V with a WWII mod? um, please shoot yourself. There's a better mod called BF:1942.
BF:V Redux came with the WWII mod, which was basically the BF:V version of BF:1942. 

As for the game, it was quite good, I think.  The downside is that since BF:1942 was the more popular game, BF:V never really had the popularity.  Even when I played it, I was lucky to find 30 servers to choose from that were populated.

But Stars and Bars radio > *

edit: The WWII mod wasn't really anything spectacular.  Fine if you didn't already have BF:1942.

Last edited by Slacker317 (2006-07-11 09:43:50)

Capt. Foley
+155|6607|Allentown, PA, USA
Yea, all the WWII mod did was improve the graphics on 3 Pacific Theater Maps. Wasnt the greatest but hell, it was like a free booster pack from EA, now thats amazing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard