Poll

Should EA/Dice add more Splash Damage to the Blackhawk Mini-guns?

1) Yes86%86% - 441
1) No13%13% - 68
Total: 509
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6558|inside your nose.

BattlefieldMedic wrote:

ChibiAlpha wrote:

I wouldn't say completely unnerf it, but buff it up just a bit, whether its more accurate or just a bit more damage so it's actually useful for defense.
Dito- I have yet to hit a single target while strafing enemy ground troops. Its time those massive mini-guns on the blackhawks actually had a use.

I think it would also help the USMC attack on Wake Island.
Yea that would really help out the USMC on Wake.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6635|Canada
Shit, i pput no by accident :S
l41e
+677|6659

I say just make them more accurate and keep the non-explosiveness...
oberst_enzian
+234|6754|melb.au
i reckon the nerfing of the bh is one of the worst nerfs the have done so far. just one example among countless others where they fucked wtih something they should have left alone, while leaving alone the things they really need to change.

fuck heads.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6730|Las Vegas
They were pretty overpowered before. Now they are underpowered.  So typical of DICE to overcompensate.

I like how I can make the enemy dance though by spraying bullets around his feet (just like the old westerns) and don't worry, no enemy is ever harmed by this.  It just scares them a bit and makes them curl their toes up in thier boots.  Then they look up at the Blackhawk and say, "Man that guy is an awesome shot!  He shot all around me and made me dance but not one bullet even touched me".
TokyoJoe
+5|6556
they did this to match the other transport helos of other armies. their transport helo guns suck too.

if you want BH mini gun to be good, you have to make the others good too.
oberst_enzian
+234|6754|melb.au
i'm all for it! we should fear the choppers - especially since the aa has been made so much more effective, giving us the chance to bring them down, which was the only thing lacking pre-nerfing.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6616|Cambridge UK
True, it's not like they're hard to bring down with AT rockets either...

I stood in the open on Mashtuur watching a BH fly by, the gunner trying desperately to shoot me... i didn't move and still wasn't hit even once. It's crazy.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6560|San Diego, CA, USA
I say to both the Blackhawk AND the Flying cow.
beerface702
+65|6704|las vegas
well folks people wanted them nerfed and thats what you got

godamn kids on the EA board
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6803|Jupiter
The mini gun works great, go Chank, steal the blackhawk and just sit on the carrier and mow some bitchez down yo.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6653|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

The mini gun works great, go Chank, steal the blackhawk and just sit on the carrier and mow some bitchez down yo.
hell jeah homie.. slice dem fools!
weird-kid
+2|6588|Middlesbrough, England
It's an over whelming YES vote, as we all expected.
Makes you wonder why they nerfed it in the first place!!!!
But what do i know.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6796|Perth, Western Australia
ONLY is the other transport choppers are beefed up aswell
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6637|Sea to globally-cooled sea
The black hawk as it is is a Jet Pilot's wet dream.

Last edited by G3|Genius (2006-07-10 05:23:38)

dwerg85
+0|6659
They can't upgrade the other choppers (even if they put the miniguns on par with the real world counterparts). The blackhawk is supposed to be tougher that the other transport choppers.

Flying a blackhawk (or any chopper at that) lately has been like taking one for the team. You can shuttle team mates all you want from ship to shore or location to location, you get no points cause they can't kill shyte with the guns and i am yet to get a point for safely transporting a team mate to somewhere. On top of that you're like points in a huge flying box for the jet pilots.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6803|Jupiter

spawnofthemist wrote:

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

hell jeah homie.. slice dem fools!
Stop trying to take my vibe.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6570|The real world

LockerFish wrote:

I voted "no" too. You've got to use the properly with a good pilot who can rotate above the flag right and keep steady. I saw a squad do this on mashtuur and they were very good. It's fine.
That pilot was invincible to sraws isnt it
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6560|San Diego, CA, USA
Today I was about 20 meters away from 5 guys...they all stopped jumping around and stood then and shot me while I'm shooting them from a moving Blackhawk.  I killed none of them, yet they shot 2 Eryx rockets and several of them reloaded their clips before we were dead.

Pretty sad.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
Their balancing is shit. Instead of nerfing the blackhawk so much they should have beefed up the damn Mec chopper. Also blackhawks are pretty easy to take down know. I remember right after the patch when people still used the blackhawks regullary in Mashtuur me and my friend would go AT and camp in the gas station a bit far off. When a full half dead blackhawk returns boom 5 kills.
SGT_FaceLift
+5|6643|Columbia, SC
YES, and I don't care if they don't fix the other chopper.  I used to LOVE stealing the blackhawk...it was such a rush.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
they should bring it back,... they already nerfed the blackhawk enough after 1.03, why nerf it again?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AG3NT[FIN]
+24|6515

LockerFish wrote:

I voted "no" too. You've got to use the properly with a good pilot who can rotate above the flag right and keep steady. I saw a squad do this on mashtuur and they were very good. It's fine.
how can u use it properly? i was shooting 1 single guy untill i overheated and he just kept running at me, then he shot me with pistol... wtf is up with that? its a peewee gun... i voted yes, dont make it like it was before, but attleast littlebit so bh can defent it self... now after they lowered the armor etc.. but hey thats just me
ValentijnR
+18|6565
it would compensate for the F35B aka flying coffin
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6551|Grand Rapids, MI
Amen to Medic for the Wake comment, and ValentijnR for the F35B comment.

The reason I like BF2 and games like it are because they're realistic, but that can only go so far at the expense of good old fashioned FUN.

In the real world, a BH gun would cut right through the wooden box you were trying to hide behind and shred you to pieces. Even if it didn't hit you, you would at least hide like a scared little bitch and probably need to change your GI issue pants in the process.

And that's kind of my point. You wouldn't run up to the gunner of a BH with your pistol hanging out.

Maybe splash damage isn't the way to go, but the designers should still find a way to punish the morons who don't find cover when they're being shot at with a Vulcan Gatling gun!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard