The Soup Nazi
+18|6789|North Lauderdale, FL
As the topic title suggests, I am currently going through BF2 withdrawl.  I'm currently on assignment in Phoenix, AZ and am stuck in a hotel with only my laptop and no BF2.  What's worse is that I won't get to come home for 4-6 weeks depending on the length of the project that I am currently working on.  (Software developer position via a nationwide consulting firm)

I just ordered a Fallout/Fallout 2 combo pack since that's about all my laptop can handle without a dedicated 3D accelerator.  Too bad I'll have to have my wife bring it to me the next time she flies out here since the hotel I'm at can't accept packages for me.

Anyone have any ideas for passing the long hours that I'm stuck in my hotel room after work hours?  I've got an NES and SNES emulator with loads of roms on my laptop, but I can only play through Chrono Trigger so many times... (at least I've got a gamepad so I'm not using the keyboard to play).  I've also got a case of DVD's that I brought along including the entire Band of Brothers collection, which I already watched here.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2005-11-17 05:34:43)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

50% of the people who read this thread have fainted and are in catatonic shock for that combo pack

well, good luck... and remember, the internet has everything you could ever want. everything that you can use with a computer, at least.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6789|North Lauderdale, FL
why would people be in catatonic shock regarding that Fallout combo pack?  sure, it's an old RPG series, but still one of the most fun that i've ever played.  i had bought them both a long time ago when they first came out, but misplaced the cd's.    the graphics may be totally outdated, but the storyline is great and the fact that you can do basically whatever you want was revolutionary when it first came out.

yeah, the internet's not bad when it comes to stuff to see and do.  but my "high-speed" wireless connection at the hotel leaves a lot to be desired.  it's not much faster than 56k even early in the morning.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

get a hooker. then again, that wouldn't go over too well with your wife I suppose..

or try to find a internet cafe to play BF2.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6784|The Hague, Holland
Band of Brothers
Insted of sticking behind your laptop, go out and watch the beautiful scenery .
But the internet does sound more fun..
ResDog1
+51|6767|Netherlands
I would second the idea of finding an internet cafe that offers BF2 online play.

For the rest. You have all the tools you need, maybe learn a foreign language.

In a few days the detox will kick in and you starts sweating and trembling... after that you should be fine.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
Classic OLD DOS Games?
casse_de_poil
+1|6754|Canada
Fallout 2 = best game EVER!
AnD-MasterMatt
+0|6753|Vancouver, WA - USA
Chrono Trigger and Fallout... Two of my favorite games.

And no, you can never play Chrono Trigger enough. Well maybe, but it's still a classic worth revisiting every now and again.

BTW, I lived in Phoenix for a few years while going to school. I used to go running at South Mountain almost every weekend or whenever I didn't have homework. Great place to find rattlesnakes, gila monsters, and coyotes, while enjoying the desert at the same time.

Last edited by AnD-MasterMatt (2005-11-17 08:51:06)

s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6748|Somewhere in NYC
Sup SOUP, have you tried goind to www.abandonia.com? you can get classic games there. Duke Nuke 3D lol...
pfcilng
+0|6769|Northern Illinois University
Let us know how you get through it, I have finals in two weeks.  At that point I am having my GF hide the game CD from me so I will be forced to study.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I feel your pain, but at least you are dealing with it.  I drove home to see my mom because I had a three day weekend.  After two days, I decided I missed playing BF2, so I cut the trip short and drove back home. Just so I could have one full day of playing BF2 before going back to work.  How sad is it that I put BF2 in front of family and friends?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2005-11-19 23:47:19)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Does Battlefield 2 Control your life? Do you feel the pains of missing a good frag fest after a few days? Do you see yourself in everyday situations where BF2 tactics or gameplay may come in useful? Do you schedule trips, holidays and meetings at work or school around Clan meetings or designated BF2 game days?

If so then we might be able to help.

Join us here at BF2S. We help you get over your BF2 addiction by supplementing it with a complete different and yet more easily accessable medium on the web. At work, at play and sometimes even on the go, where there is an internet access point you have BF2S right there with you.

Remember for all your BF2 needs and withdrawls simply get on the world wide web and find
http://www.bf2s.com  that address again is www.bf2s.com.

No purchase is required but donations are highly appreciated. Shipping and handling is waved. We are not responsible for finding an internet access point nor a computer in order to visit our website. All internet nodes and routers are standing by.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-11-20 01:01:22)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

To sum up my patheticness, I recently bought the Coors Light Tailgate pack, those of you in the states know what I am talking about, and filled it with ice, set it next to my computer, just so I would not have to get up and get a beer.  If beer didnt make you piss, I would never get out of my chair.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

kilroy0097 wrote:

Does Battlefield 2 Control your life? Do you feel the pains of missing a good frag fest after a few days? Do you see yourself in everyday situations where BF2 tactics or gameplay may come in useful? Do you schedule trips, holidays and meetings at work or school around Clan meetings or designated BF2 game days?

If so then we might be able to help.

Join us here at BF2S. We help you get over your BF2 addiction by supplementing it with a complete different and yet more easily accessable medium on the web. At work, at play and sometimes even on the go, where there is an internet access point you have BF2S right there with you.

Remember for all your BF2 needs and withdrawls simply get on the world wide web and find
http://www.bf2s.com  that address again is www.bf2s.com.

No purchase is required but donations are highly appreciated. Shipping and handling is waved. We are not responsible for finding an internet access point nor a computer in order to visit our website. All internet nodes and routers are standing by.
roflmao

@Soup Nazi: I spent a whole darn week at San Jose CA (twice) with my Mac (Mac OSX = No BF2), so I can understand how you feel. My fix: bought a copy of First to Fight for Mac even if it meant driving 36miles to get it
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5704|College Park, MD

usmarine wrote:

I feel your pain, but at least you are dealing with it.  I drove home to see my mom because I had a three day weekend.  After two days, I decided I missed playing BF2, so I cut the trip short and drove back home. Just so I could have one full day of playing BF2 before going back to work.  How sad is it that I put BF2 in front of family and friends?

usmarine wrote:

To sum up my patheticness, I recently bought the Coors Light Tailgate pack, those of you in the states know what I am talking about, and filled it with ice, set it next to my computer, just so I would not have to get up and get a beer.  If beer didnt make you piss, I would never get out of my chair.
lol!!!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Sturgeon
+488|4943|Flintshire
lol!!! Brian Clough answer to these accusations!!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6343|Atlanta, Georgia
Fail
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5704|College Park, MD
to be fair he's come a long way
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

to be fair he's come a long way
it's not that far to the bathroom, tbh
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

haters gon hate
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I'm surprised he didn't just fill up the empty cans and save a trip to the bathroom.

Or maybe he did???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard