Crawdaddy79
+27|6545
I hate when I am trying to blow up a  helicpoter from a tank, when someone else gets to it first... 

In the movie, the first half I hit the chopper (I surprised myself) with a tank round (which really should blow it up, but for some reason Dice thinks it should take two) and I'm about to fire another one when a FAV kills it.  At least I got two assists from that one.

The second incident a Z-10 TV missle hits it a split second before my round does.  How shitty is that...

https://www.crawspace.com/ss/videos/bf2_robbed.jpg

~2.5MB

Music clip is Kyuss.
Major Payne
+18|6789|Netherlands
it hap pends to all of us
Buzerk1
+44|6845
First, nice tank shooting.... and 2nd, you should be happy, it use to take even more to take down chopper back in the early days where choppers were flying tanks.
Des.Kmal
+917|6626|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
HAHAHAHA, I love the last part, "At lest I cant get neg karma for it" I love it.

Wtf happened on the second chopper, it just blew up and no assist or kill?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Crawdaddy79
+27|6545
My round never hit the chopper...  It blew up before it did.
MECtallica
+73|6513|jalalabad
at least you can even kill a chopper with a tank, I have a hard time killing choppers with APCs, planes and choppers reign supreme but when you actually play them you get owned >.<
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6652|Cumberland, MD, USA
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/INVISNIPER/Battlefield%202/BestTankShot.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/INVISNIPER/Battlefield%202/GoodTankShot.jpg

I love it when people shoot at choppers and hurt them a little bit. Makes my kills a little easier.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6706

Buzerk1 wrote:

First, nice tank shooting.... and 2nd, you should be happy, it use to take even more to take down chopper back in the early days where choppers were flying tanks.
you could still kill in one shot if you aimed correctly back then
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6568|The real world
Try me
Crawdaddy79
+27|6545

elmo1337 wrote:

Try me
Unimpressive.
†FW†Ravenwolf
+10|6664|Saskatchewan, Canada
The tank round didn't hit the chopper in the first part.. your tank MG did.. twice.. notice the temp rise of the MG on the HUD. The FAV must have been shooting it as well as you.

Shitty luck on the second one tho
Crawdaddy79
+27|6545

†FW†Ravenwolf wrote:

The tank round didn't hit the chopper in the first part.. your tank MG did.. twice.. notice the temp rise of the MG on the HUD.
Nope.. the damage indicator shows just before I fire the machine gun.  If the round hadn't hit, I definitely wouldn't have gotten kill assists for a little bit of machine gun fire.
†FW†Ravenwolf
lol k.
not trying to be an asshat here, but your tank round totally doesn't come close the first time.  It's your machine gun fire that hits the chopper .. the tank round was way to low compared to the chopper.. even with the round dropping at that distance.

Its ok tho, at least there was still some assists with that kill.

Most likely that FAV was shooting first.. and knowing FAV bullets.. slowly but surely they can take out that chopper... and say even if it took a quarter of that armor of the chopper.. your tank round would certainly take out the chopper.

Just opinion and observation.

EDIT:  I should say your tank round doesn't appear to come even close (IMO)

Last edited by †FW†Ravenwolf (2006-07-10 07:43:25)

Sambuccashake
+126|6619|Sweden
First helo shot:
I think it looks like the round hits before he starts shooting with the mg.
(Or it hits something else behind the chopper/on the ground)

On that note:
I find it very strange that a helo doesn't blow up when you hit it with a tank round.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-07-10 06:24:56)

†FW†Ravenwolf

Sambuccashake wrote:

First helo shot:
lol this is what i was trying to get at

Sambuccashake wrote:

On that note:
I find it very strange that a helo doesn't blow up when you hit it with a tank round.
Correct me if i'm wrong.. but don't choppers get owned by tank rounds?  I know in my experience they have with one shot.. always have.. just like BF1942..
Sambuccashake
+126|6619|Sweden

†FW†Ravenwolf wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

First helo shot:
lol this is what i was trying to get at

Sambuccashake wrote:

On that note:
Correct me if i'm wrong.. but don't choppers get owned by tank rounds?  I know in my experience they have with one shot.. always have.. just like BF1942..
I don't think so... I'm 100% certain that transport choppers need more than a single tank round though.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6545

Sambuccashake wrote:

I don't think so... I'm 100% certain that transport choppers need more than a single tank round though.
Yes, both transport choppers and attack choppers take the same amount of damage in BF2.  It takes a full overheat + 10% of constant FAV shooting for both, as well as two tank rounds plus a little more.

There is a chance that if you hit the chopper in the right spot in the cockpit that the round will go through and kill both the pilot and the gunner - this has happened only once in my hundreds of times hitting a chopper with a tank round.

And again, I restate that the first round certainly DID hit the chopper.  There was nothing else to hit below the chopper.  The chopper lowered itself into my round.  It's not what I expected to happen, but I got the hit because of it.  Which is why I surprised myself.  I would not have gotten kill assists for two seconds of machine gun fire.  It's too low of a percentage to warrant it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard