SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6796|Perth, Western Australia
Right, the sniper unlock, the m95, has the special ability to shoot through PlexiGlass, or whatever the galss is in the game vehicles.

Does this Feature Encourage spawn camping as to get easy kills/suppress the enemies bombers/fighters/choppers? Id say yes, and I know that ever since I unlocked it last Tuesday (8 November) I have spent more than a few matcheds sitting in the enemy base capping chopper pilots in for repairs, or just taking off, or those bomber pilots who annoy me so much.

So, the question ofr the day movers and shakers is:

Does the m95 Encouage Spawn Camping
ayb
+0|6766|Orlando, FL
no
FourStars
+1|6750|Australia
never had any issues with it, and have never heard anyone complaining about it either
swiftyy
+0|6758
nope i dont think so, ppl will spawn camp with any weapon they get, the weapon just depends on which target u can go after....

if your spawn camping on the carrier, im pretty sure u wont last very long there.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6774

"No way man"

And even if it did, it's hard enough to get those shots so I think it's a negligible difference.

Last edited by GotMex? (2005-11-16 20:48:28)

SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6827|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
No. I play sniper alot. A sniper camping a spawn is asking to die. If the sniper kills enough people or kills the same person they are making themselves HIGH on the "to do/kill" list of players. A sniper worth a damn will pop a few people and move on. Sometimes you can get away with poping a few and hiding then sneak out and pop a few more. Once players catch on to what they are doing ....game over.
Sprinks
+0|6811
If anything, it'd be smart for a team to have a sniper w/ m95 in hand defending the enemies helicopter keeping the helicopter support for the other team to a minimum.  Granted this would only work for a little before they rush the sniper, but still, ive never thought about camping the heli with m95, but doesn't sound too bad, few easy quick kills.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6763|Toronto, ON
I don't need to camp to kill chopper pilots, I kill pilots while they're moving.
Alpha as fuck.
slidero

SilentBob wrote:

No. I play sniper alot. A sniper camping a spawn is asking to die. If the sniper kills enough people or kills the same person they are making themselves HIGH on the "to do/kill" list of players. A sniper worth a damn will pop a few people and move on. Sometimes you can get away with poping a few and hiding then sneak out and pop a few more. Once players catch on to what they are doing ....game over.
Yeah.  Just killing the pilot once or maybe twice would really make him paranoid and delay the jet from taking off for a while.  After that you would just move on.  I know it would annoy me.
Galen1066
+1|6771|Colo. Springs
I have to say no way, if I'm going to spawn camp a carrier then I do it in an APV off the stern
Boogie
+1|6757
Sniping from the hill behind the UAV trailer ,on Wake, for the MEC.   is a good way to keep an eye on your air assest and defend the flag at the same time.
thinner44
+1|6820
Sniping is all about keeping the enemy heads down, and no, it's not spawn camping, it's just another tactic .. As for shooting through glass on helis, yep, I've done that a few times, nicked the heli and taken it to our pilots for their use..... works wonders

Snipers are also excellent for 'spotting', especially if you're about to take a CP .. Also snipers are not usually motivated by points, but quality kills. You can be sure that if it isn't an outright kill, the enemy will start to look for you .... I know that's how I play my snipey role
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6796|Perth, Western Australia
Im not saying that Im aboce it and Im not saying that I complain about these things but I feel that spawn camping was the wrong term to use. What I meant is along the lines of does it encourage platers to bugger off and try to stay at the enemy airfield spawn and shoot pilots, instead of let one person handle that and play the gaem proper, and the answer is yes I do believe so.

And Nyte, I bet you feel like a big man saying that, BIG MAN
FLaXCarnage
+1|6797|Florida
I think it does somewhat for people who want to actually put it to the "better use" but i dont think so.
BladeRunner
+5|6760|UK
Guns don't camp bases....people camp bases
BladeRunner
+5|6760|UK

thinner44 wrote:

Sniping is all about keeping the enemy heads down, and no, it's not spawn camping, it's just another tactic .. As for shooting through glass on helis, yep, I've done that a few times, nicked the heli and taken it to our pilots for their use..... works wonders

Snipers are also excellent for 'spotting', especially if you're about to take a CP .. Also snipers are not usually motivated by points, but quality kills. You can be sure that if it isn't an outright kill, the enemy will start to look for you .... I know that's how I play my snipey role
Obviously a couple of people in this thread understand the mind of the sniper.

Makes good reading
emperorphoenix
+5|6785|Westeren Australia
first of all the sniper upgrade i got to use is hard to aim with and to answer the question no
thinner44
+1|6820

emperorphoenix wrote:

first of all the sniper upgrade i got to use is hard to aim with
Take a deep breath, let it out slowly and fire. Go for the headshot, one shot, one kill. Also, if you see an enemy leg sticking through the wall and you've already shot him once, shoot the leg, it's enough ... move on, because he's probably seen you hiding ... I'm not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but this is how I tend to play and it works for me

off topic.... err... no, it's not spawn camping
The Soup Nazi
+18|6798|North Lauderdale, FL
if i'm playing on a map with a USMC carrier as China/Mec, i sometimes take a chopper out to their carrier and dig in near their second AA emplacement.  from there you have a clear shot on one of the F35 spawns.  if i'm feeling really saucy, i start a squad and notify my teammates that i've got a good spawn point on the carrier.  once they spawn on me, it's fun to watch them unleash hell on all of the plane/chopper spawn campers.  plus, from my position, i'm more difficult to find/kill since i'm not out in the open.  if i die and there are still squadmates on the carrier, i simply leave and rejoin the squad to spawn on the new squad leader. 
thinner44
+1|6820

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Im not saying that Im aboce it and Im not saying that I complain about these things but I feel that spawn camping was the wrong term to use. What I meant is along the lines of does it encourage platers to bugger off and try to stay at the enemy airfield spawn and shoot pilots, instead of let one person handle that and play the gaem proper, and the answer is yes I do believe so.

And Nyte, I bet you feel like a big man saying that, BIG MAN
I see your POV, but it's up to your commander to keep you informed about what's going on, and more so, if you are being sniped, think about the next time you're ready to jump into a plane/heli.... scan the horizon first. If you have been sniped, chances are, he's waiting for another shot.

Someone has to play the role of 'back stop' to protect a base.... I'll do it occasionally as I'm not motivated by points... although I would like a medal* from time to time ... and I like to protect my teams pilots from those pesky snipes, so it has both good and bad sides. So if ever I'm on your team and you want to be a pilot, if I'm there, I'll spot for you

* anyone got a 'good conduct' medal going spare
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

nah, I don't think it will happen too often. And even if it did, I wouldn't say it's a problem. every sniper has the freedom to interpret his role differently. By the way, I also think this is not a very effecient tactic on most maps. you would have to walk a lot to get to a good spot close to the enemy air assets and the enemy commander can spot you all the way. then you are lost with no backup.
Barrakuda777
+86|6747|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Once stole the bomber on oman by shooting the two people in the plane out of their seats... it was funny at the time as they sit side by side and i didnt have to move my scope.... queueing to die....... funny. I also left 2 clays, 1 for the AA and one for the fighter jet ....... i then flew away with a cocky smile on my face.... ahhhh 4 dead, 3 soon to respawn and a belly full of death (5 bombs which i spammed on the airfield helo spawn.....  im not proud!)

Love the m95... btw am i the only person that finds it more accurate than the m24??
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763

BladeRunner wrote:

Guns don't camp bases....people camp bases
TRUTH!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard