Poll

Which of the following ranked map modes would you play more often?

Infantry-only mode (2x HP as implemented in 1.40 BETA)14%14% - 15
Vehicle-lite mode (described below)55%55% - 59
Both4%4% - 5
Neither26%26% - 28
Total: 107
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6560|San Diego, CA, USA
'Vehicle-lite' mode:

o Replaces Tanks/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
o Replaces AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
o Removes Jets
o Replaces Attack Helicopters with Transport Helicopters (i.e. USMC carrier on Wake Island 2007
       would have 3 Blackhawk spawns)
o On AF maps, replace Littlebirds with Transport Helicopters (some have suggested keeping Littlebirds,
       but we all know that Littlebirds pwn against infantry)

That's it.

I'm curious what the community thinks.

EDIT: If you choose 'Neither' please explain.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-07-10 19:17:12)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
Yeah, the hitpoints in infantry-only mode are insane.  Apparently it takes two C4 packs to kill someone, even when they're detonated right at the person's feet.  It's more like 4x hitpoints...but whatever.
MDW
+43|6688|Dortmund, Germany
Voted Vehicle-lite

Infantry Mode: 3 Nades to knock out a Sniper!? WTF!? The way they made it now, it is ridiculous. Why couldn't they leave the hitpoints as they were? Why make someone more resistant to fire if the greatest threats for a footsoldier, tanks and APCs aren't even there?
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6556|England
Hows About Tank Mode
30 Tanks Both Sides
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center

Richard2000 wrote:

Hows About Tank Mode
30 Tanks Both Sides
Operation Smoke Screen?
Spidey
+1|6603
I like the idea of the infantry only, but get rid of the 2x hit points.
littlecheez9
+-1|6555|Massachusetts
I chose Infantry-only ftw, it'll give everyone a challenge. No more dying the moment you spawn because a Mi-28 is sitting 3 feet above you. Though the 2 packs of C4 is a bit much...
Viper38
+118|6681
Neither
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6548|Search Whore killing fields

Harmor wrote:

'Vehicle-lite' mode:

o Replaces Tanks/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
o Replaces AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
o Removes Jets
o Replaces Attack Helicopters with Transport Helicopters (i.e. USMC carrier on Wake Island 2007
       would have 3 Blackhawk spawns)
o On AF maps, replace Littlebirds with Transport Helicopters (some have suggested keeping Littlebirds,
       but we all know that Littlebirds pwn against infantry)

That's it.

I'm curious what the community thinks.
I think you need a fucking life
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6579
Neither,

it should be either

Infantry Only
- No Vehicles (even no transport), no mounted MGs
- RIBs on maps where's a carrier

or

Infantry with modified Vehicles
- No Armor, APCs, Attack Choppers, Jets
- with Cars, but removed Guns
- with Transport Helo's, but removed guns
- with Littlebirds, but removed guns
- with RIBs, but removed guns

For both types there should be server settings, to disable the following things
- UAV
- Artillery
- Scan
- Car Drop
- whole Commander

Regarding the fact that it's obvious for which option people vote in this thread, i'm going to make a new thread with more options.

And here is the thread:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=538302#p538302

Last edited by fierce (2006-07-07 11:52:58)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6538|Singapore
2x hp eh? so much for realism
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6575

Spidey wrote:

I like the idea of the infantry only, but get rid of the 2x hit points.
Deaths_Sandman
WOoKie
+6|6515|Florida, USA
I say Infantry only but keep Hps where they are now.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6556|England

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Richard2000 wrote:

Hows About Tank Mode
30 Tanks Both Sides
Operation Smoke Screen?
that map is just crap
Souljah
+42|6679
bah i vote neither. if you want infantry only, that is what SF is for. seriously for those who love to ground pound (like me) you should look into buying SF. best expansion ever! it was well worth the money for that. as for the boosters, meh
deject
Got His War On
+37|6785|Golden, CO
I like your Vehicle-lite idea, but I'd keep the Scout Helicopters.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6639|Muenster, Germany
Vehicle lite sounds good, but jets should be replaced by jeeps or so, especially on the carrier
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield

Souljah wrote:

bah i vote neither. if you want infantry only, that is what SF is for. seriously for those who love to ground pound (like me) you should look into buying SF. best expansion ever! it was well worth the money for that. as for the boosters, meh
Wow..Thats what I was gonna say!! SF>vBF/AF/EF... But shhhhh!! we dont want the weirdos coming over wearing thier underpants on the outside of their pants.

I dont care about Karma, but +876,213,976,253,207 for you if you do.
Speelbal
+146|6763|Netherlands
Good idea, vehicle lite mode. The new infantry 'features' are wack. 2/3 times the health and 9-201401834394014140913204 times the stamina. No. I probably will play this 1 time, and then I get so frustrated that I'll never play that mode again.

Btw, I have to say it is a nice try to please the community though. I hope they will listen to the community and change the things we want to see changed. Because, it is a beta patch, nothing is certain.

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-07-08 05:21:27)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

Souljah wrote:

Doesn't SF have Tanks/APCs/AA vehicles and Attack Helicopters?
Chuckles
+32|6559
I'd like to see a jets only mod.  That way the guys that like to fly can show us how elite they are when there aren't tanks and jeeps and concentrations of troops for them to bomb.  They can fight each other and get killed all the time like the rest of us.
Souljah
+42|6679

Harmor wrote:

Souljah wrote:

Doesn't SF have Tanks/APCs/AA vehicles and Attack Helicopters?
ya but most maps only have 1 of each of those vehicles on each side. so you dont have to worry about getting armor whored. besides with grappling hooks, anti tanks can just go on top of buildings and waste a tank real fast. ive seen tanks go down and they had no clue where the rockets where coming from. maps with heli's are so small that aa and stingers can track them almost across the whole map. so chopper whores arent a problem either. SF was made for infantry and the best team with the best infantry and teamwork will win!!!!
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6679|Sydney, Australia
Vehicle lite mode if the transport helicopter guns are removed. Maybe some added reward for helicopter pilots in infantry mode.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6798|Bulgaria
neither!! where's my tank??? I wanna kill people!
who wants to turn BF2 into stupid CS?? Not me, that's for sure!!!!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

Nikola Bathory wrote:

neither!! where's my tank??? I wanna kill people!
who wants to turn BF2 into stupid CS?? Not me, that's for sure!!!!
That's the point...trying to make BF2 is like trying to fix a square peg in a round hole...it ain't happen'en.

BF2 is about vehicles.  Just give a ranked option for people who don't like jets/attack helicopters/armor.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard