Pinto
+13|6578

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Ok so I haven't been playing BF2 for about 3 months, and I come back, download 1.3, and find about 100 or so PISTOL KNIFE servers....last time i checked this was a direct violation of EA's ROE...and I went on one of these servers to take some screenshots of padding bastards and I used reg weapons and they CALL ME A cheater, you gotta be kidding me, is Pistol knife servers OK with EA now or am I completely oblivous to the fact that these a-holes running pistol knife servers can call me a cheater when I'm following the damn rules set by EA.  Otherwise SET ME STRAIGHT and tell me when these p&k servers went from STAT PADDING to OK. Thanks.
As stated before, most people don't know about the ROE.  I have a lot of friends who like to go to K&P servers, and most don't know it's against the ROE or that there even is a ROE.  They search the available servers, see that type of game, and go there for something different, believing it's legit since it's in the ranked server listing.  Blame the server, not the people.

Anyway, what's worse--guy needs a knife/pistol badge, goes in one of those servers, plays one game, gets it, then can play BF2 normally on legit servers, or someone going to a legit server, continuously getting killed, wasting his team's tickets, and possibly getting teammates killed by not killing the enemy quick enough?  I'd rather have these people waste a game to go in there and play normally when I'm in a legit server.  While I like badges and medals, there's nothing more frustrating when you're trying to play a game and your team is too busy focusing on awards and not actually playing.
Dakota2x
+31|6516|Olathe, KS, USA
Sorry, but I have to put my 2 cents in here. These people who rent ranked servers should run them however they see fit. They are the ones paying for our enjoyment. Their word is what matters not EA's. EA's went out the window after we payed $50 for the game.

If you want to play full out BF2 no restrictions go to one of the 500+ ranked servers out there. If you have nothing better to do than to go on a restrictive server and trying breaking their rules, then you should not only be banned but have your stats erased for being cheap statpadding smacktard.

Follow the server rules, and everything will be kosher. Break the server rules intentionally, and suffer the consequences. I did not want to sound like an ass, but I figured it would be best to be blunt and end this thread.

Last edited by Dakota2x (2006-07-07 11:57:34)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6678|Broadlands, VA

elmo1337 wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/search.php?search_id=318149745
My search resturned no results?
PCShooterNoob
+22|6538|Florida
I have no problem with pistol/knife assuming it's not ranked.  Servers like this are just grand scale stat padding, and the ranks mean nothing if everyone can get away with stat padding.  But if it's not ranked anyway, who cares?  Go nuts.
Dakota2x
+31|6516|Olathe, KS, USA

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I have no problem with pistol/knife assuming it's not ranked.  Servers like this are just grand scale stat padding, and the ranks mean nothing if everyone can get away with stat padding.  But if it's not ranked anyway, who cares?  Go nuts.
Every P&K server I have seen has been ranked...
PCShooterNoob
+22|6538|Florida

Dakota2x wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

It's depressing that so many people love to stat pad, isn't it?
panzer830x
+4|6517

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Dakota2x wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

It's depressing that so many people love to stat pad, isn't it?
for one thing shut your damn mouth...think for once in your life without talking out of your ass.....if you are in a pistol fight on a normal server who do you think is going to win? the guy who slowly progresses with a knife or pistol....or the guy(me) who has been playing p&k for a long time and knows what he's doing ....the awnser is obvious....p&k is nothing more than a way to build up your skill...cause think,pistol and kinfe are the hardest weapons to use..knife you must use strategy...normal weapon,click and shoot...not much strategy...and after some rounds you will be great in no time...and yes,i do play normal servers...my playing time is more 60(normal)/40(p&k) so no we are not stat padders so why dont you just give it up...hopefully what i said has pulled your head out of your ass
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Twist wrote:

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

* § Destruction of friendly vehicles
* § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
* § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
Right then, so when you are at your base, theres only 1 jeep left and its smoking and you are any class but an engineer. Do you really want to get in a smoking jeep or destroy it and wait an extra 5seconds for it to respawn with full life? I do that all the frigging time. Or is that implying that you shouldnt blow up vehicles occupied by your own team? (in other words, teamkilling). If that is the case, then that is pretty fucking obvious if you ask me.

Transport helicopters....WTF? What on earth do you use a transport chopper for? To TRANSPORT troops. Hmmm, ok, so next time I play Mashtuur and take the heli at the start of the round, i wont fly it to the Mosque or the enemy gas station...instead, ill fly it and land on top of the big ass viaduct, right out of the way of any flag or enemy. Or how about Wake? The only way to get to a flag is now by Boat????
Give me a break...that is pathetic. What is wrong with that? Theres no difference between that and taking a jeep to a flag and capturing it - its still transporting teammates, except by land and not by air. That rule can kiss my ass.

C4 on jeeps....try playing Smoke Screen and its everywhere. In fact, its more fun to be in a tank and blow that jeep up with 5 C4's on the front of that thing and watch the massive explosion in awe.

Those rules are absolutly pathetic, and for as long as I have been playing this game - have been broken on every server where I have played, whether by myself or by others.
The fact that the ROE isnt even mentioned in any of the BF2 manuals shows how important it really is - the only way I found out about it is on these forums.
I have a friend who has had BF2 since July last year and been in a clan for over 8 months - and he never knew of the ROE until I told him.

So, until EA code it that you cant do anything in the ROE, over 90% of players will continue to breach those rules and play the game how they want to play it - not how some EA employee acting "politician" wants you to play it.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-
This topic has been discussed previously -- Please use the search feature to find the previous thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard