david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6748|Comber, Northern Ireland
it would be good to see the jets have a fuel gage..and when they run dry...say after 10 minutes of flying they have to land a refuel...this would stop jet whores alot, and would show some skill to flying the land....its fine to take off but not land,

what do you think?

also it would be good if the USS Essex's runway could be destroyed so that they cannot launch jets but helos are fine, this can only be repaired by say 3 engineers (this would encourage teamwork)
Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC
Why not, it would make things even more realistic.
bigp66
+63|6557|memphfrica-memphis,TN
cool but dice is too lazy to do that
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6539

sounds pretty awesome. +1 for your thoughts
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6801|Jupiter
Land?.. no no, i have thought of this before, they best reason to make it so you have to "refuel" is because when you cap all the flags on wake as U.S. and you have one guy left on chinese that likes to fly around for the next half-hour, well he only gets so much fuel before he has to bail, this would also help stop jets from raping carriers, etc. etc. But you shouldnt have to land, it should be just like flying over and getting ammo/repairs/(fuel?)
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6555|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Afterburners obv. use up more fuel to Good idea, +1.

Would also as you said stop the jetwhores ( Althogh i am one ) And get rid of the noobs flying jets that just fly at like 700 ALTD round in circles.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555
If I manage to get the jet off the runway while the server is full of asshats, the last thing i'd want to do is land so I can get M95'd for it. It's a good idea but would just cause more problems.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
137twozerosniper
+57|6574|UK
yea but if they did this wat about amour whores + rearming?????
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6566
i say u just need to fly by
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6539

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

i say u just need to fly by
amen
Capt. Foley
+155|6597|Allentown, PA, USA
Dosent PRMM make you do that or do you just have to land to rearm. And btw this is not supposed to be real life. This game is gameplay first realism second(even though DICE screwed both).
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555
Give the commander the ability to call a refueling plane that moves slow enough that you have time to dock and refuel.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

What happened to repair pads for tanks? I miss those...
|SoW|MuskieKilla
+7|6800|Colorado Springs
ok i think it is a decent idea. the fact that you can fly over to get ammo and repairs is fine, but yea having to land to refuel would be a good idea because it would eliminate base raping a bit +1 for you my brotha!
BCspeed34
+6|6568
Jets with droppable fuelpods FTW!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

BCspeed34 wrote:

Jets with droppable fuelpods FTW!
I see...Empty fuel tanks...Skittering across the Essex' deck...Smooshing noobies who dare to stand in their way. I also see noobs dropping FULL fuel tanks...Improvised napalm...

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-07-07 14:23:39)

Arch-35
+1|6718
To do this would go against eventhing that the whiners in BF2 have accomplished so far. They have gotten EA/Dice to noob weapons, vehicles and everything else. This would just give them more fuel in which to goof the game up more if a fuel gague is added to jets, tanks, hummers, buggys, helos, boats....etc, etc...

my 0.02 cents
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6593|Finland
It could be good idea, but some airfields are difficult to land from one direction. Like China main on Daqing, from opposite side of the hangars I got to do stall landing cause the steep slope(I have crashed tens of times like that cause the plane doesn't take the impact) and if fuel is out I can't approach from other direction.

And what comes to AF maps: Planes don't have afterburners, so if landing goes screwed up it is impossible to abort the landing(actually thats problem that exist already, but thats a different story)...
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6748|Comber, Northern Ireland
ok well maybe not land but go very slowly over the airfield?
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6664|Cambridge, England
make it like rearm but slower, like 5 passes for a full tank.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662

Jussimies wrote:

It could be good idea, but some airfields are difficult to land from one direction. Like China main on Daqing, from opposite side of the hangars I got to do stall landing cause the steep slope(I have crashed tens of times like that cause the plane doesn't take the impact) and if fuel is out I can't approach from other direction.

And what comes to AF maps: Planes don't have afterburners, so if landing goes screwed up it is impossible to abort the landing(actually thats problem that exist already, but thats a different story)...
Then practice. You can land a jet virtually anywhere.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
PRiMACORD
+190|6634|Home of the Escalade Herds
Great idea +1

Landing would definetly up the skill level but it's really easy once you've done it a few times. I barely fly at all but i can still land with ease.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

That mid air fuelin idea...........You are aware, that is like one of thee most dificult manouvers to do, then again, i guess as a game it would be simpler, but tbh i would rather bail then go on foot, or try get it on respawn.......I've thought of it to, but as they guy said, you would be shot out, or some random enemy jet get's you on the ground.  OR, you land right into a newly spanwed plane and BOOM

Watermeleon
+34|6543|I am located at my location
I am skilled at pwning my enemy when it comes to attacking in a jet, but I lack so sorely when it comes to landing. Why don't we make refueling like repairing a plane? Just fly over the Essex and you're refueled. And destroying the strip would make the Engineers look like they have even more super powers. Besides, the more you try to thrust team work onto noobs, the uglier the game will get. The fuel idea is pretty nice, though Dice will never implement it.
Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine
add fuel to all vehicles and make "fuel supply" ability to supply box droped by commander . Also add refuel ability to helipads & runways . This may really stop baserape , on my opinion .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard