Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

i find it quite accurate. lay down, and i can hit sum pretty far targets. they say the recoil is bad but i seem to handle it. anyone else find the PKM a good, accurate gun?
ronin1942
+-1|6845
those are the guys trying to bunny hop while shooting it i love the pkm
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

haha nice. thats good that you love it, i love it too. any other PKM fans?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
I think the PKM is awesome.  PKMMMMMMMMM!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6747|Houston, TX
From what I use of it,  I like it.  Nothing better than seeing my opponent get picked up off his feet and thrown backwards 20 yds by a curtain of freshly spewed lead from my trusty PKM. Makes for a good, warm, & tingly feeling in my trigger finger.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2005-11-16 12:58:42)

pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University
I love it at medium/long range.  At close range, especially Karkand, I walk in between building with my pistol.
The recoil is not that bad as long as I do fire controlled 3-5 round burst.
+0|6750

Kung Jew wrote:

From what I use of it,  I like it.  Nothing better than seeing my opponent get picked up off his feet and thrown backwards 20 yds by a curtain of freshly spewed lead from my trusty PKM. Makes for a good, warm, & tingly feeling in my trigger finger.
lol...

I love the PKM... only thing thats worth changing on it is its rate of fire
ATC
+58|6746|...
I like it ok... I like the MEC RPK-74 more, I would've rather gotten the MK3A1 Jachammer.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

PKM is great, but I wouldn't call it long range.  100m game-range seems to be the max effective range with this weapon.  Unfortunate but true
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
The rate of fire has been bugging me.  According to UBAR, it has the same ROF as the RPK-74 (600).  However, I've seen elsewhere (can't remember where, but I think someone posted a chart on the forums once) that its ROF was only 450.  Does anyone know which is right?  Since I unlocked the PKM, I haven't used any of the default support guns, so I can't remember if the RPK-74 shoots faster than the PKM or not...
If the RPK-74 shoots faster, it would be slightly better than the PKM. (the higher rate of fire offsets the lower damage)
ATC
+58|6746|...
Oh yes. The RPK-74 is much faster than the PKM.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
I'm support almost all the time, I'm on foot and use LMG almost all the time (ratio with LMG same as with assault rifle ROFL). so I'm still testing LMGs and I can say that PKM is good at medium distance only, or at close if you are 1v1 with your enemy. I have PKM unlocked but still use RPK or M249SAW instead. Because PKM is slow you cant hit targets at the long range, sure you can only if target is standing and not moving. At close range you will lose your fight against 2-3 ppl because of your rate of fire. Yes PKM does much more damage but since its slow you will get lower damage overall. + PKM is too NOISY so YOU WILL BE SPOTTED really fast. I dont know maybe its just me but I dont really like PKM. Sure PKM is great to shoot ppl out of BH !!! But other characteristics besides damage lack. Ahh and PKM has weird zoom mode You can say that I'm wrong but anyway RPK covers the area with bullets much faster than PKM so even if its less accurate you will get more hits at the same point with RPK. So I would suggest you to use RPK if you are playing on 64 server, you will stay alive much longer. But its just me. If you are better with PKM than use it. Well I use PKM only when I play for PLA.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-16 13:43:40)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

PKM is inaccurate.  Just compare to any other gun.
Mario-C
+0|6744|Wellington Nz
yep  pkm is rubbish imho any of the other support guns are as good if not better
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
RPK-74 Roof Whoring !!!!!!!    WoOt???
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
The PKM and the RPK-74 are the most accurate support guns (they are equal in accuracy).  There are no circumstances when the SAW or Type 95 is more accurate.  All of the support guns have the same accuracy for the first and second shot, after which the SAW and Type 95 are more inaccurate.
If you don't believe me, look at the data in UBAR.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
Accuracy doesnt important for any machinegun. If you want to be a sniper and be a support use your pistol Only thing which is important for LMG is its ability to produce a huge amount of fire in short amount of time +big clip and unlimited grenades . In this case PKM suck(sorry).  I discovered that Type88 is less accurate than M249SAW, but UBAR says they r equal so I dont know. + with M249 you can hit pretty much everything while zoomed. I will post a full topic about machineguns someday

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-16 14:09:33)

atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
Before unlockin the PKM, I always fared better with the RPK-74 than with the SAW or Type98.  After unlocking the PKM, I seemed to do better with it than the SAW as well.  I need to go back and compare the RPK-74 with the PKM...
And accuracy is important.  It doesn't matter how many bullets you spit out if none of them hit and the enemy has time to take a bead on you.  In case you hadn't noticed, its easier to get headshot when prone.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-11-16 14:16:05)

Lawk
+2|6776
The PKM is less accurate compared to the 249 or the RPK, but its damage level is awesome.  I find its most useful against smoking transport vehicles or sometimes even Blackhawks.

As in:

Lawk[PKM] BHGunner1
Lawk[PKM] BHdude1
Lawk[BlackHawk] BHPilot
Lawk[Killed] BHGunner2

BHPilot:  Hacker! Hacker! Hacker!
Lawk:  PKM...sniff

Last edited by Lawk (2005-11-16 14:22:18)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754

atlvolunteer wrote:

Before unlockin the PKM, I always fared better with the RPK-74 than with the SAW or Type98.  After unlocking the PKM, I seemed to do better with it than the SAW as well.  I need to go back and compare the RPK-74 with the PKM...
And accuracy is important.  It doesn't matter how many bullets you spit out if none of them hit and the enemy has time to take a bead on you.  In case you hadn't noticed, its easier to get headshot when prone.
Yeap I agree and I'm not saying that accuracy doest affect your shooting at all, but it doesnt rly matter (my LMG acc 16.53%). What I'm saying is its much harder to hit a moving target at medium range if this target is moving across the field. And again its just me. Probably I dont completely understand PKM. For me sometimes it hits rly nice, but other times when you think ok now I will kill this guy easely you miss and die... So RPK/SAW is more powerful for me. + oh I never try to get a headshot with RPK. I aim at the chest so deviation will make my aim higher and I 50% will get a headshot, otherway I just keep shooting and adjust my aim. But you r right it works fine with PKM because 1st bullet from PKM hits directly at the point of your aim. Its nice to see that more ppl use LMGs now.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-16 14:49:24)

Anima05
+1|6762
I should have gotten the PKM.  i REALLY like it, but instead I got the piece of junk M95 (I thought it was a 1-hit kill)
lt.lockz
+1|6755
i love my pkm especially @medium vs 3 to 4 ppl bcuz i generally win and it sounds cool with the sound of the gun and the screamin for medics.
SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6817|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
The PKM is the enemies worst fear in the right hands. I played around with it on one of my other accounts. I love the thing. *THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD* MEDIC! MEDIC! MEDIC! Clear! Charging.. Your good to go buddy now get back to the fight! *THUD THUD THUD THUD THUDTHUD THUD* MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC Weeeeee!
Snakestyles
+17|6739|South Africa
You just need to work on your PKM play, i use it when PLA or MEC and it can do serious damage, have made many attack chopers turn tail and flee for repairs with the PKM. Although i prefer the SAW, it just feels less bulky more resposive and the ROF on the SAW is a thing to behold.

Listen while we are on the subject of support how many of you do the grenade spam thing?. If you dont know what im talking about, join a map like Sharqui peninsular (if thats how you spell it). Try to only play with grenades, there is a way of timing how and were you drop your ammo packs that lets you basiclly rain down grenades. Believe me when you work out how to do it without killing teamies or yourself its a awsome way of stopping thoes pesky medic squads. Rember that when u get a kill chances are a medic will be heading to revive the corpse, so keep spamming grenades into the area were you got the kill and watch the kills come in.Also a great way of clearing flag points that are getting capped buy an enemy squad.

Last edited by Snakestyles (2005-11-16 23:35:12)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

Yay for the Player Killin' Machine!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard