Earthquake23
+1|6744|Germany
In my opinion noobs and newbies are different.

noobs art those guys, wich can't play, so they are bunnyhopping or basecamping and stuff like that.
Newbies are guys, wich just startet the game and they will become perhaps your worst enemie, someday.

I hate those racists, I'm german, so all those retards, wich are playing naz!s or such a shit, are a blame for germany, too! Should get banned from every server!
CBRacky
+0|6763
a noob is a f'n QUEER BOY that has no concept of integrity or common sense.  ALL IDIOTS and i wish they were all DEAD!!!!!!  DEAD I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  DEAAAAAAAAAAD!!!
TsinTzU
+10|6753|holland
Definition of a n00b.... New Online Out of Bullets.
The_Razgriz
+0|6745
a noob is some1 who drives over friendly mines/clays.

A noob is some1 who blows up his own arty

a noob is some1 who says: get in but cant fly

a noob is some1 who can only kill with AT missiles GP25/30 M203

Id say u no noob anymore when u get a steady flow of kills, having a positive ratio every game, not global
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6848|Missoula, MT

B.Schuss wrote:

"the good noob"...sounds like a song...
Another possible song could be "the good wunderkind" 
BladeRunner
+5|6756|UK
newbie - Someone who is new to something. Still learning
n00b - Someone who despite their best efforts, and plenty of practice still act like they don't know any better.

In my day...newbie was friendly, n00b wasn't
KtotheIMMY
+513|6770
I'm glad I haven't seen the anti-semitic SS clan around yet. I wonder what they think about the african-american characters in BF2: support, anti-tank, and assault. Do they only play the "white" kits?

Glad to hear there's a nice SS clan which has nothing to do with anti-semiticism.

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Unfortunately, yes - there's an Aussie clan called SS. They're anti-semites who used to play FH as Germany and now they've moved to BF2. I havent seen much of it lately, but back the day everything was nigger, sand-nigger or gook with them...

Edit: Gotta mention something here, i just played  a round of VC2 with a nice SS dude, he says their clan is Sharp Shooters and not anti-semetic at all. There is, however a SS clan out there who are based on the storm troopers.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6788
K, look at this guys posts:

http://forums.bf2s.com/profile.php?id=5063

This guy = n00b

w/ <3 of course
Cronjob
+1|6745|Broomfield, Colorado

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Apart from the fact that it's not even six in the morning and I don't have to be awake for, oh six or seven more hours, these thoughts came to me during my brief holiday from unconsciousness. I apologize if my thoughts aren't all that concise or precise. Everything sounded good in my head.

1. What is YOUR personal definition of a n00b?

2. What does it take for a person to qualify as a non-n00b?

3. Can the term n00b be used in a positive manner? "I have a great idea, let's kill all the n00bs! It will be fun", does not qualify as being positive.
It's weird. Back in the earlier days of CounterStrike, we called everyone (seriously or teasingly) a "newbie". Then at some point, we changed to "newb". Then I left gaming for a few years (I ditched highschool to sign on the dotted lign for a tech industry giant which has taken care of me ever since) and after my career started getting into place and I had a little more free time (five years later), I got back into gaming.

At that point, everyone was going around calling each other "n00bs" and "n0bs". At first, it drove me crazy because I had this "old-timer" connection to the original version of the word. Hearing a bunch of newbs throwing around the word "n00b" was a bit like some kid discovering how to use AIM (or even how to download and install GAIM) and thinking that he's a computer geek.

The truth is, there isn't a difference in definition. newb and n00b are the same thing. It's the difference between leet and 31337. It says more about the person throwing the world around (if they use n00b versus newb) than it does the person they're sticking it to.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6756|Netherlands
a noob is someone that takes the medic person that prone next to you and do nothing when you scream for a medic while your under enemy fire
..... thats my defenision of a nooob
Cronjob

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I'm glad I haven't seen the anti-semitic SS clan around yet. I wonder what they think about the african-american characters in BF2: support, anti-tank, and assault. Do they only play the "white" kits?

Glad to hear there's a nice SS clan which has nothing to do with anti-semiticism.
*shrug*

It all went down hill the day we introduced hicks to computing and AOL introduced them to the internet.

Growing up in Portland (Oregon), my first (and only, really) experiences witnessing racial and homophobic comments were in CounterStrike. It was rather jarring to see how many inbred young people out there throw around comments about blacks, jews, gays and anything else. Frankly, it's astonishing that in 2005 anyone could even care enough to have any sort of hatred (though I suspect for most, it's not so much hatred of any group of people as it is a learned way from their friends and family to vent their frustration in the most ignorant of ways).

The only other experience I've ever had was this hot (much younger) girl I was dating and living with a couple years ago that started using racist comments out of nowhere. I brought it up after about two days and she spewed some of the most ignorant bullshit I'd ever heard. Broke up and kicked her out the next day. The only thing I hate more than prejudiced dickwads (on or off line) are those who befriend or date them and excuse their relationship with the person with "well, I don't agree with how they feel or what they say, but they're nice to me and other than hating everyone who is different from them - they're a really good person".

On the bright side, anyone who is too busy espousing their ignorant rhetoric online (especially in a videogame) probably does not posess the social proclivity to ever have the opportunity to breed.
Bravery
+-1|6777
|cypher00fus
Hyper_Dude
+5|6830|United Knigdom
Newbie - A new, inexperianced player. Often doesn't know much and asks several basic questions, showing a willingness to learn, often polite. Eveyone is a Newbie upon purchasing thier first game in a franchise, as a series of games usually invlove the same concepts.

Newb - See Newbie. Just a shorter version.

n00b - A player whoose actions are similar to some Newbie's or worse, although all actions are intentional. Bunny hopping or in extreme cases, intentional TK's for Vehicles or pleasure,are all examples of a n00b. Battlfield 2 n00b's are often seen dolphin diving, camping capture points without an attemp to capture that flag, walking/driving into friendly explosives and punishing, refusing to repair/heal/re-supply/revive team members as well as the examples above.

Smacktard - Seen as the Batttlefield specific n00b. First seen in Battlefield 1942, Smacktard's would often spend their rounds on airfields waiting for planes or stealing tanks whilst being repaired. If an ally was to reach a plane/tank before the smacktard, the smacktard wouldn't hesitate to shoot and even destroy the player or vehciles regardless of TK's.

Nub/Naab - Often seen to be the same as n00b. Can only assume a player made a typo, and turned it into an insult to appear "cool". Most likely done by a 9 to 12 year old.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6759
People!!!!! Can you call yourself a n00b when you learn how to drive a bike an fall down ever 6 feet? You wont. Because you just started and have to learn how to do it. So you are a newbie for a while... But after some time you will be experienced enough to ride without falling... Even if you are driving more for a long time you are still newbie in eyes of professional racers. They dont call you n00b, because you have to grow up. Same in BF2 if a person is getting more kills than deaths and cant hit anyone he/she cannot be considered as a n00b. Newbie yes, n00b no. I dont like this word and newer use it. In my opinion this word is used by ppl who want to put themselves above a concrete person because they think that they are better. But the same way more experienced player can call you n00b and you will not be able to say sumptin because hes better than you ad you are a n00b for him. I dont see that alot of good players call eachother orsomeonelse n00bs, because all of them have learned this game from the beginning. (prolly I'm not 2 good to say that, but I've learned that too). Also they dont complain about being killed by GL or tank. Why? Because in other situation they would to do the same with you. And they know that person just learn BF2 laws and world. Person can be newbie and grew up in a pro.
   So I think that people who could be considered as a n00b are ppl who complain too much about being killed with GL or sumptin like that. Sure it pisses me  too when someone blow me and himself upwith GL. Yes, I think about some bad stuff, but never show it or type it, because was time when I did the same, before I've learnd how to play better. And person who was killed by otherone but thinks that it shouldnt happen and that he should got a frag getting pissed and call his opponent a n00b just rude, disrespectful + have no honor. Well yeah I can consider that tkillers and punishers are n00bs too, and STATPADDERS are slightly below the n00b definition.

If person just suck this is not an evidence to conclude that hes a n00b. Hes a newbie. And just at this time.

So n00bs for me are ppl who try to put themselves above the others using bad language, complaining TOO much IN the game (forums is the other story, cuz this is the place when we can let our brain relax and just say everything, so we will feel better. Everyone needs that).  Also n00bs are STATPADDERS, ppl who tk for a vehicle (not newbies- N00BS!!!! Because they dont have a skill and dont try to gain it), PUNISHERS (cuz they think that by punishing you they will get a place higher than you in a score table, so they would put them above = n00b), ppl who after knifing you say :pwnt, or I had you or ......, others who dont respect all players.

P.S. There is a difference between being a newbie, n00b or just stupid.

OK Thats it, now you can flaming me, punish me etc. I just said what I think, dont take it personal :I
KtotheIMMY
+513|6770
Haha can't forget the <3

Bubkin wrote:

K, look at this guys posts:

http://forums.bf2s.com/profile.php?id=5063

This guy = n00b

w/ <3 of course
Cronjob
Hyper_Dude, you forgot fucktard.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6830|United Knigdom

Cronjob wrote:

Hyper_Dude, you forgot fucktard.
Tell you what, give me a good description and I'll edit my post
Boogie
+1|6753
newbs- are new guys, perfectly fine
noobs-are asshats
OUROBOROS
+0|6765

Cronjob wrote:

It's weird. Back in the earlier days of CounterStrike, we called everyone (seriously or teasingly) a "newbie". Then at some point, we changed to "newb". Then I left gaming for a few years (I ditched highschool to sign on the dotted lign for a tech industry giant which has taken care of me ever since) and after my career started getting into place and I had a little more free time (five years later), I got back into gaming.
didnt you have a CS server? i remember the name from somewhere.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard