Afrika_18
+26|6552
I play mostly assault, but anti-tank runs a close second.  I'm very happy with the AK47 and 101, but when I play Coalition....  Is G3 really that much better than the M16?  I know that the DAO 12 is worlds better than the stock AT gun...  Also, do you get an unlock for every class eventually?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

G3
Longbow
+163|6657|Odessa, Ukraine

Afrika_18 wrote:

Is G3 really that much better than the M16?
No . GL ftw!

Afrika_18 wrote:

I know that the DAO 12 is worlds better than the stock AT gun
Only for 0-5 meters , on medium\long range submachine gun owns DAO
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6680|The Netherlands
When tou reach 50000 points you will have all the unlocks (14 if you have SF, 7 if you don't)

And choose the DAO-12... The G3 has a too small clip size
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
dont use unlocks. stock guns own them.

and who said the DAO12 is better than the Subs?

cos the subs OWN
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6750
DA0-12 wil be your best friend, use rockets for any long range shots you need to make.

G3 is a good weapon but does take some getting use to, just stick to the ak101 for now.

Good for the DAO-12 mate.
ninjabot
+3|6526
G-3- 20 rounds in the clip. It's accuracy is about the same as the AK's. I think it sucks. Its power is awesome, but that's no help when you empty the clip in 2/3 the time, with 2/3 the bullets as the other guns.

DAO-12, will kill anything if your good with it. I charged a squad one time on wake, a support, a medic, and an assault, and killed the support and medic before I died. And if you have to go long range use the rocket or the pistol. Antitank rocks.

And the stock sub's suck.

Last edited by ninjabot (2006-07-06 10:06:34)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
Get the DAO, IMO. The standard assault unlocks, although maybe not so easy to use, are great. The DAO packs quite a punch in close quarters combat!
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Sea_JayUK
+19|6533|Notts
Buy SF and unlock them both!!! (You get two unlocks per rank unlock if you have SF and you can use them to unlock vanilla)

In fact you HAVE to unlock the vanilla unlock for each kit before you get the option of unlocking the SF, and so in my opinion unlock the DAO so that you can unlock the P-90 and enjoy taking out people with a gun thats not Overpowered!
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6543|Denmizzark!!
dao-12 ftw.. but depends on which unlocks you already have.. the l96a1 or G36E are my favorite weapons( excluding the AK´s)

Last edited by sgt.sonner (2006-07-06 10:09:00)

N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6532
DAO, G3 sucks Id rather use the AK-101/GP-30 it ownzorz.
MrE`158
+103|6633
They're both good guns, but for a first unlock, the DAO-12 is the best choice, I think.  Makes the AT kit so much more versatile.
Major Payne
+18|6790|Netherlands
G3 for long distance
dao for short distance
depends on your favourite map i prefer G3 myself
l41e
+677|6658

For the first unlock, I'd have to say DAO-12. For the second one, get some practice with the 2 Kalashnikovs. If you're good with them, and don't use more than 20 rounds a clip to kill people, try the G3.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Play a round on SF and get both.

If that's not possible (just ask someone with SF to do it) then DAO-12.
FFOLKES
+39|6773
Test them out for yourself and then decide.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=31133
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75834

Last edited by FFOLKES (2006-07-06 10:29:04)

Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
The DAO-12 is AWESOME.  You have to change how you play a little bit though.  You don't want to engage people at anything less than short range.  You'll find that's pretty easy though.  Generally I handle this by letting people see me, then ducking behind a wall or building.  Inevitably they come running and as soon as they come around the corner I annihilate them no matter what they have.  They have NO chance.

And really, I spend more of my time hunting down tanks anyway with the Eyrx/RPG/whatnot.

Also, I'd suggest the DAO-12 over the G3 because it is an incredible improvement over the MP5, whereas I don't think the G3 (while great) is as much of an improvement over the stock weapons.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
Once you've mastered the art of using the M16A2, nothing else will make you go back to the old noob days of believing it to be the worst assault rifle. 

I don't like the G3 or the DAO, but G3 at least takes some more skill to use.  So I'd go with the G3, but remember, the M16A2 has hidden powers beyond your wildest dreams
MurPHy
+9|6581|West Deptford, NJ
The G3 is a nasty brute, you can easily kill 2-3 men with a single magazine in CQB. Of course, you must always watch your ammunition consumption, as you will run out of ammo in a prolonged firefight. Get good with the pistol.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6569|The real world
Choose the 214e
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
Well the SMG's are quite deadly at close range when used right and also have that medium range ability. So you don't really need a replacement. Especially since the SMG's will help you out better on big maps where you're more likely to be AT, rather than the DAO 12 which is only very usefull in the Alley's of Karkand where space is limited...

So i say go for the G3.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard