*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6536|Texas
Sooo... what the fuck are we to do? Go prone and get rushed? Christ I hate EA.

Another thing, about this whole Infantry Only deal.. Wtf? This isn't HALO. We dont have magical sheilds protecting us from grenades when we stand on top of them. We don't have big green mechanical suits that allow us to run as fast as an olympian for a half hour. When I shoot someone in the head with a .50 Caliber rifle, they better fucking either die, or lay down and pretend to be dead and gimme the 2 points. None of this 2 headshot bullshit. 4-5 bars of health for paddling some1? What the hell? Last time I checked, getting zapped while your still alive didnt hurt, it just immediately stopped your heart. It didnt scathe your knee and give you a wound equivolent to belly flopping a foot above the pool. Usually when I stab someone in the face with a military grade and issue combat knife, they die. Then again, a .50 Cal to the head doesn't fuck 'em up, why should a knife?  Flame on.

Well that was sure as hell fast, already got -1 for my previous post. No reason or anything. GG sir, you are a puss filled cyst on the colon of society.
Lol another one. No reason. Gj, you leveled up your E-penis!
First let me help you by +1.  I completely agree, one shot to the head with a PISTOL should kill a person. So why wont it kill you if I shoot you with my rifle?  hmmmmm....
The increase of health or decrease of damage really sucks.
FrEaKo
+3|6598|SA
We have lowered the number of players needed to start a ranked game,  to what?
*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6536|Texas

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

But when I tried to drive in the car blowed up... hmm...
I dont think that is a 1.4 problem, I have had that happen many times with 1.3
I was commander, I drop a vehicle for me to defend a flag against AH-1Z.
I jump in and begin to shoot, and  KABOOM!!!!!!
This happened three time in the same round, so I just stopped droppin vehicles for myself.
Canterwood
+4|6532|Canada

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

A few nerfs in the current beta build:

-Prone spamming is no longer practical (theres a long delay between crouches and prones so youre just slow)

-Dolphin diving is also no longer practical, same reasons as prone spam

-C4 can't be chucked very far anymore
you cant even stand without waiting to shoot! wtf is that all about? what's next you cant move and shoot?
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6585

XISIX wrote:

too too slow.. .. ...

maybe completed by year 2142
I got a kick out of that for some reason lol,

My dl only has 21 mins. Should I instal it LOL

Last edited by xixspyder (2006-07-05 16:07:03)

Consollus
+21|6737|Sweden
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6545|Berlin, Germany

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

-Prone spamming is no longer practical (theres a long delay between crouches and prones so youre just slow)

-Dolphin diving is also no longer practical, same reasons as prone spam
Finally they removed these EXPLOITS! Glad to hear that.
chinesemaster006
+3|6692
So tell me... are you able play on 1.3 servers with this patch?
AMTXP
+13|6665|California, USA
If your having slow download speeds, here is Another Mirror on my site. I also listed everything that I have seen different with the new patch. Whether it be good or bad.

- Andrew
HeimdalX
+37|6663
EA is retarded for not letting this be run on ranked servers. Ranked servers offer up a plethora of issues that are not found on unranked servers. The whole stats system and network code(or lack thereof) is a huge reason why ranked servers crash.

I'd rather run a patch that is called a beta by EA and expect it to crash more than running a patch and hoping it doesn't. It needs to be ranked. I'm not saying this because of wanting points, but for wanting an actual beta test instead of the joke it is.
AMTXP
+13|6665|California, USA
Most of the servers are ranked. I got a gold and silver medal today on patch 1.4.

- Andrew
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6542|Boston, MA
As cool as it may seem, I think I'll just wait for the actual update to come out, something I suggest to all of you since betas usually aren't that great and just end up driving you away from the game.
l41e
+677|6660

There are 2 1.4 ranked servers that I've seen, both are multiplay.co.uk EA official something servers. One is 64 players, the other is 32.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-05 17:40:42)

travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6711|U.S
i used the links they work and i dont think people here would give viruses to fellow gamers because we all hate viruses here.And spyware.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6670|San Francisco, CA
Dohh. I still can't play because I HAVE NO GPU!!3U7(!)78(!&#

*grumble*
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
trust me, its not worth the download
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6751
because stat padding on virtually empty servers aint bad enough already.....
shice
+9|6527|every1 h8's Germany
they reduced the amout of players needed to start a game.
cool then you and only 3 of your mates can stat padd. great job.
and i cant believe this prone shit. why did they implement prone if you cant use it anymore because you will die every time doing it. cant believe this shit right now hoping its a really early beta shit.

they should do me a favour and kill the bugs. nothing more. remove vehicle drops and glitches and every1 will be happy.
Maxxxie74
+25|6583|Brisbane, Australia
Wow, I can't believe the number of people in here whinging about the new beta.

It's a BETA, people!  Beta == some things won't work as expected.  That's the whole effing point.  By testing the beta, you all have the opportunity to tell EA, so they can rectify the problems BEFORE general release.

Sweet merciful crap, I can't understand the mentality of people complaining about problems with a beta with the same gusto that they complain about the horrors of patch 1.3.  Quit yer bitchin', and tell EA about it.  Constructively.  They're doing this public beta thing so that you can all have your say, not just whine impotently about it in a chat forum.

And for the last time, in case you missed my point - 1.4 Beta != 1.4 final release!

Max.
Ssandstorm
+73|6746|Perth, Western Australia
i wonder what ea will call the patch fix for the patch fix that fixed the patch

my name- "super duper patch fix mach two, ea styles"
Madhadda1
+270|6557|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
can anyone help me i dled the patch and clicked on it and it said "windows can not open the file"
san4
The Mas
+311|6700|NYC, a place to live
I haven't played the new map yet, but can anyone who has tell me -- isn't it easy for the MEC to bottle up the US at the start of the game?

If the MEC just spawns at "Outpost" and heads towards "Lake" it looks like the US can't get by without driving through the entire MEC team. If that's true, there's no reason for any MEC to hang back and defend other flags because the US can't get them until it goes through Lake or Outpost.

How many different routes does the US have into the city? On Karkand there are at least three distinct routes the US can take, but on Jalalalalabad it looks like there are only two. Can someone confirm that, or am I missing something on the map screenshots?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

As cool as it may seem, I think I'll just wait for the actual update to come out, something I suggest to all of you since betas usually aren't that great and just end up driving you away from the game.
?

Don't you even know what the point of this beta is?

It's so we can identify problems and fixes before its released and it overrides all the servers!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys

Sigarms357 wrote:

because stat padding on virtually empty servers aint bad enough already.....
if that was directed at me, go kill yourself
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6731|Las Vegas
They can beta test all they want.  Yet they are STILL unable to fix most of the bugs which have plagued this game from the very beginning (red/blue, hit detection, GUI issues, etc).   Add to this the fact that each new patch has introduced as many problems as it has fixed and I think (based on past experience) we can pretty much see what to expect from 1.4

Yes, this beta test is a step in the right direction.  And yes, it will help them to release a better patch than without an open beta.  Yet the fact remains that DICE are complete shit when it comes to patching this game (I dont think anybody will argue with that, their history speaks for itself).  I'm sorry but those of you who are thinking that one last patch will fix this game are going to be very disappointed.  There will be the same old bugs, and no doubt some new ones.  I won't even get into what their continued "tweaking" is going to bring about.....

I'm not trying to be a complete naysayer here but let's at least be realistic about our expectations.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard