XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6665|Chandler, AZ
Do you think that BunnyHopping, Dolphin Divin, or PrairieDogging is all that bad. I was on our clans server today, and some guys on there were getting pissed off and calling me a "noob" because I was doing these things. Now, I know in real life its impossible to do these things, but its a fucking video game. C'mon.

If doing this was so noobish, why would do all the good clans in BF2 do it. We played SeSo a few weeks ago and got freking RAPED because all they did was nade-spam our spawn.

Sure its annoying, but its part of the game and in higher level play, the only rules that are set are the ones defined by EA and the leauges you play in....

I know im just ranting, but some guys just need to stop bitching and play the freking video game.....

-XxUNDEROATHxX
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
yeah I never had a problem with any of that, I just adapted , people need me to spank them to give them something to really cry about.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6635|Los Angeles, California, US.

XxUNDEROATHxX wrote:

Do you think that BunnyHopping, Dolphin Divin, or PrairieDogging is all that bad. I was on our clans server today, and some guys on there were getting pissed off and calling me a "noob" because I was doing these things. Now, I know in real life its impossible to do these things, but its a fucking video game. C'mon.

If doing this was so noobish, why would do all the good clans in BF2 do it. We played SeSo a few weeks ago and got freking RAPED because all they did was nade-spam our spawn.

Sure its annoying, but its part of the game and in higher level play, the only rules that are set are the ones defined by EA and the leauges you play in....

I know im just ranting, but some guys just need to stop bitching and play the freking video game.....

-XxUNDEROATHxX
Why would all the good Clans do it? Because they are not good without it.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6665|Chandler, AZ

DaReJa wrote:

XxUNDEROATHxX wrote:

-XxUNDEROATHxX
Why would all the good Clans do it? Because they are not good without it.
True, but again, theyve learned to use whats avaliable to them...

Go over to http://www.tsncentral.com/ and look at some of 20ID and exit11's games....Theyve learned BF2 pretty damn well...
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
Link to the Page to see what your Talking about? Sorry, Never been there, Dont know where to go.
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
specxops
Banned
+18|6659|Boca Raton,Florida
I do it alot its part of the game use it, other people will you might as well go ahead and do the same. It helps
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6665|Chandler, AZ
well, heres an example....

http://www.tsncentral.com/ondemand/210506518455/

I dont like to watch these, but my co-leader loves to learn from them....This is the Bf2 World finals with Exit11 and Code7...
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

XxUNDEROATHxX wrote:

well, heres an example....

http://www.tsncentral.com/ondemand/210506518455/

I dont like to watch these, but my co-leader loves to learn from them....This is the Bf2 World finals with Exit11 and Code7...
Hhmm, Whatever, Videos wont play.
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
Cursed You
+64|6596|Idaho
frag out!

if you time it right, which Ive been doing lately, you can grenade right where they will go.  And when they see it and counter its position, you can pop them because they hopped/dived/dogged? into your trap.

Works for me.

Personally I dont much care for them.  But because I think Darwin is a genius, I believe that as a species we can adapt to the new element in our enviroment.  In this case:  Bunnies and dolphins.  We can take them out, we just need some time figuring out how.  Im fairing well with my innovation.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6802
I personally hate them in certain situations:

Bunny Hopping when I:
-Am using a rifle up close
-Am Lagging

Dolphin Diving when I:
-Am Lagging
-Out of ammo

Prairie Dogging when I:
-Am in a tank/car/apc and they're AT
-Can't kill them! >_<
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6568|The real world
https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/436/screen0485zc.th.png
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6610|Sydney, Australia
kill them all
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51
My wish is that EA will make a patch and will reintegrate the bunnyhoppin, noob tubin, dolphin divin, etc etc. I bought a game inwhich I want to do things I can't do in real life, but instead I bought a game thats supposed to be ''realistic'''.
theLAZman
+0|6515
Bunny hopping and dolphin diving are extremely useful. Having people complain about it after they are killed by it is proof of that. I rarely use it b/c I'm mostly a sniper, commander, or in a vehicle of some sort. I only hope the next patch can fix it though. As in the person diving isn't invincible during the transition of running to prone. So many times have I died with the cross-hair on their head, or 10 bullets simply "missing." But then again I can't hold against the players who have utilized this "loophole" (in my eyes) to their advantage. I don't like the complaining about it since it IS available to EVERYONE to use. Since it is part of the uncanny arsenal  available in BF2 (next to Cartillery ) all of the complaints about it are simply annoying. It's there to use so use it, even though it's out of the norm the point is it works. This is warfare after all.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6697|UK
I only do it when playing sniper, because pistol vs automatic, auto usually wins although I have owned a PKM with a pistol.
|SoW|MuskieKilla
+7|6800|Colorado Springs
i really don't do any of it besides the bunny hopping. it pisses me off when others do it, but not because i am mad they are doing it, but because i can't hit shit. so i guess if u wanna do it go ahead.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica
IMO, do whatever to takes (within the boundaries of fairplay) to survive.  If that means hopping around like a rabbit then I'll do it.
Afrika_18
+26|6551
It's a video game...sure it looks irritating and is not very realistic, but bottom line: its a freaking game...whatever turns your crank (though I do hate getting killed by them because it so seems like their antics are like rubbing it in or something)
Aardcore
+60|6722|USA, Arizona
I got accused of this 'dolphin diving' just because I'd go prone before engaging my enemies, one of them in particular getting annoyed by it and said I was dolphin diving, mentioning that I "must've been a real demon before 1.2 came out."

I thought dolphin diving was jumping and then going prone?
Aardcore
+60|6722|USA, Arizona
And what the heck is prairiedogging? Is that when you hit Ctrl & Z a bunch of times, exploiting yourself to glitch your player model to hop up and down that you stay behind a particular object yet your model NEVER seems to show up popping up but you can still relentlessly aim and fire at your target?
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6668
If you HAVE to resort to looking lke a jackass just to get a kill then you have no honor....yea yea yea...you say it's just a game.......nbut take your lumps like a man...not a MORON.Are you listening VOLX?
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6536|So Cal
the only thing I hate out of those 3 is prairie doggin.  The toilet never seems to be close enough when you need it.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6761|Toronto, ON
I have no problem with doing any of those.

Those complainers, no matter how much they get the game nerfed, the previous users of these "exploits" will still beat them down hard.

Honestly speaking, those complainers about noob tube and C4 tossing.  Guess where they are now?  Complaining again because they are still getting owned.

I said it 100 times and I'll say it another 100 times.  All this nerfing just makes the good players better and the complainers even worse.

GG owned to all the complainers who can't adapt while we (the exploiters) CAN.
Alpha as fuck.
Defiance
+438|6680

Well woop-de-fucking-do.

No, the good clans are not bad without it, it's a strategy and it wins.

But they'll still kick your ass. You want to know why?

BECAUSE YOUR HERE BITCHING INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME AND GETTING BETTER!

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-06 17:11:11)

Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6542|Berlin, Germany
Skill is knowing your weapon, your environment and your enemy!
Nothing about damaging your keyboard through hitting prone- and jump-keys 20 times a second.

Fight like man, be superior through aiming, not by jumping like a horny dog.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard