Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC
Does a mounted MG in a jeep qualify as Ground Defence?

I have be trying to drive around maps and then switch to the MG when enemies appear.
I have not been able to get the 20 kills using this technique, came close but never quite enough.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6531
No, thats transport.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6570|The real world
go in gd and be commander
Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC

Mouse315 wrote:

No, thats transport.
What is considered Ground Defense?
- TOW
- Mounted MG, other than in Transport
- What else?
137twozerosniper
+57|6576|UK
nothing thats it
bigp66
+63|6559|memphfrica-memphis,TN
thats it
teehee1988
+5|6648|Birmingham, UK
just use arty....youll get it easily
Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC

137twozerosniper wrote:

nothing thats it
OK, thanks.

So does the Commander trick still work?
Sitting in a TOW, while dropping Atry??
Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC

teehee1988 wrote:

just use arty....youll get it easily
Thanks, I'll try that technique!

Sucks England lost!! Freaking Rooney redcard!! Don't blame him. I would have kicked the guy too!

Go France!! Fuck Portugal!
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6703|Sweden
Once i throwed a grenade then I ran to a ground defence and the grenade blowed up an enemy and I got an Ground defence kill....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
copy/pasted from my other post on this exact topic

The EASIEST way to get this badge is to go as commander on a 64 player karkand server that is about half full..

1) Apply for commander..
2) if you dont get commander then mutiny that bastard! you're 10 times better than him (unless its me ) PLUS YOU'RE GOING FOR A BADGE!
3) go to the nearest mounted machinegun or TOW

TOW/HJ-8 locations on 64 player karkand are:

Factory beside the Scan satellite
Gatehouse near the portakabins
Suburbs at the house
at the Square.
and at the USMC left hand artillery on the minimap

Personally i'd choose the TOW at the factory (if you're MEC).. as theres ALWAYS some USEFUL people that DONT go for the hotel

If you're USMC it couldnt be easier.. just start back where the tanks and APC's spawn and theres a mounted machinegun right there

now..  this is the clever part..

when you artillery someone while in the MG or TOW.. it counts as a Ground Defense kill..
all you need to do here is artillery 20 people while in the MG/TOW and you'll get your shiny badge

another reason i said to use the factory TOW (if MEC or USMC defending once you've captured it) is that you'll have the opportunity to use the TOW in action and score some extra kills

much like the 4 person HMMWV i scored last night

Good luck on earning your Expert Ground Defense badge
Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC
Commander Question.........

Does your KIT time increase while your a Commander??
In other words, will my Medic time increase if I choose the Medic kit and play as Commander?
Darth_Rambo
+22|6718|Raleigh, NC
I assume this Commander technique will work for all badges, ribbons, and medals?

So if I get 40 arty kills using the Support kit, will I get my Expert Support?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
yep
thats how i have most of my medic hours..

i hate playing that kit..

lol.. i must be the only one..
c0rce
+11|6579
I'll post my reply to that thread too because I think its the best way to get ground defence, unfortunately you need Special Forces.

Ghost town, be on the SAS side and ideally have a slightly stronger MEC opposition side. Stay at TOW at SAS base, from there you can view the first helipad, so if MEC get that pad you can kill the heli everytime someone gets in it, you can also cover the nearest flag position, killing armour that arrives there. You won't die because you sit at your base, sometimes a heli will try to take you out, but they are usually very low on that map to hide from AA, so easy targets with the TOW. Good Luck.
vassili
+66|6534

c0rce wrote:

I'll post my reply to that thread too because I think its the best way to get ground defence, unfortunately you need Special Forces.

Ghost town, be on the SAS side and ideally have a slightly stronger MEC opposition side. Stay at TOW at SAS base, from there you can view the first helipad, so if MEC get that pad you can kill the heli everytime someone gets in it, you can also cover the nearest flag position, killing armour that arrives there. You won't die because you sit at your base, sometimes a heli will try to take you out, but they are usually very low on that map to hide from AA, so easy targets with the TOW. Good Luck.
I'm gonna give that a try sounds good

Darth_Rambo wrote:

I assume this Commander technique will work for all badges, ribbons, and medals?

So if I get 40 arty kills using the Support kit, will I get my Expert Support?
nope only the time your arty kills arent counted as far as I know

Last edited by vassili (2006-07-05 09:10:02)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere

spawnofthemist wrote:

yep
thats how i have most of my medic hours..

i hate playing that kit..

lol.. i must be the only one..
lol, no your not my friend

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard