Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6773|New York
It's gunna be tough if FF is off, cuz all of the snipers will be hiding in a building, dropping claymores at the door, and their teammates won't get killed if they walk by it, but we will.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6842|Cheshire, UK

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

It's gunna be tough if FF is off, cuz all of the snipers will be hiding in a building, dropping claymores at the door, and their teammates won't get killed if they walk by it, but we will.
Not a chance of that happening.
1, try and fit 30 snipers in a building.
2, see what happens when you toss a couple of nades in there.

This match will be dynamic with 2 teams trying to out do eachother and a load of egos trying to out do everyone.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6693|Tampa Bay Florida
Medics will win.  I would bet 10,000 $ on it if I could.  There's no way the Snipers will win.  It's like trying to walk on water.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6512|Los Angeles, California
I'm still in. I'm pretty sure I can make it. I beleive if there are enough good snipers on their team, it will be a close match, but otherwise, MEDICS FTW!
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6758|United States of America
Numbers has been trying to contact some of the guys that look good on their stats, but can't get through to some.  Log on to Xfire or PM him if you don't have it.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6530|London (At Heart)

Yeah... I've been locked out of my xfire and MSN for a while, so er yeah... Hope he hasn't been after me, even though my stats look quite bad, he just needs to play a round of ghost-town with me

Shem
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6842|Cheshire, UK

Spearhead wrote:

Medics will win.  I would bet 10,000 $ on it if I could.  There's no way the Snipers will win.  It's like trying to walk on water.
It amuses me that this event was started cos people were fed up with 'cocky snipers'.
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513
Its the medics turn now, muhahahaa.
Sheep of War
+40|6646

duffry wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

It amuses me that this event was started cos people were fed up with 'cocky snipers'.
Well probably should be saved for another topic, but I have to say that aside from this match and a few random threads, you don't see pages of topics with medics bragging about how amazing they are. Also; they do more for the team than snipers.  Anyways....back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Defiance
+438|6674

FINALLY FOUND IT!

Alright, fuck ping, I'm in. I can help with tactics and organization so tell me what you need 90874.
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513
Make sure you read the first post defiance, has some need to know information.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6544|Doncaster UK
this is abit random but i thought i would let you all know, i have some friends that play as a medic just because they can get loads of points (kinda statspadding)

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-07-04 04:11:08)

Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513

mavrick 3399 wrote:

this is abit random but i thought i would let you all know, i have some friends that play as a medic just because they can get loads of points (kinda statspadding)
Lol that is random, medics are a great way to get points but its only statspadding if used in a particular way.
You are meant to revive people as medic and you get points for it.

Im not sure what you are trying to say, all medics are statpadders? if so why post here.

That is the most stupidly random post ever.
Sheep of War
+40|6646
We are getting really close to having the first 15-20 listed. It will definatly happen today. This will give me the rest of the week to get this scrimmage/practice situation sorted out.

We will definatly have a list of the first 15-20 by somtime today!

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-07-04 04:48:29)

Sheep of War
+40|6646
July 4th 2006 10:00 am (US EST)

Ok I have the first 15 that I have picked and are confirmed. I am still deciding on whether or to go to 20 and leave the last 10 to be decided in the scrimmage.

I can assure you that the first 15-20 will be finalized and posted somtime today and tonight

Details on the scrimmage/practice (afterward) are still nonexistant. There are a few reasons for this.

First off I like doing things one step at a time and didn't want to get too overwhelmed or lose track of what I'm doing.

Secondly, if you graduated 1st grade math, it probably won't be too difficult to figure out that the first method that I posted (located on the BFS forums under offical medic thread) will probably not be a fair way to do it. For those that haven't got the 1st grade diploma here is a breakdown of why. I'm picking 15-20, the total for the match is 30. The total that have signed up is 82 (as of now.) A bf2 server has 64...the 15-20 were slotted to be on the server as snipers. Thats alot of people that need to not show up! Obviously this is a problem.

What I can tell you, is that I will be working towards a fair solution to picking the remaining slots on the team. It will be some sort of game. And it will be one of two days (july 8th or july 9th.) I am working with duffry (who offerd up a server) on this, and it will be set in stone by either late thursday or early friday.

Thanks for your patience.
r00ts
xD
+81|6545|Netherlands
ok good job 908
just take your time is my opinion,
we dont need to hussle it up,
just organise it good, and we'll definitely win
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6562|The real world
Make a movie of it please, and every medic member must post his individual movie, in this forum section, with the title

[MOVIE] No not another medic movie!
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6731|Honolulu, HI
Yes, I did read all the previous posts here and I'm still wondering, how does/did one "sign up" for this, and what exactly is going to happen?  I like the Medic kit as much as the next guy (to an unhealthy extent, I think) and wouldn't want to miss this (whatever it is ) for the world...
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513
http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/

Go to this link to sign up.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6731|Honolulu, HI
Done and done!  Checking some of the others' stats I have to say...god damn, the elite come out for a competition like this huh?
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513
Well thank you, lol.

Last edited by Zulu_Soldier (2006-07-04 08:17:41)

SargeV1.41(tempfix)
+2|6510

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Done and done!  Checking some of the others' stats I have to say...god damn, the elite come out for a competition like this huh?
Yes, occasionally I do leave the Palace in Warlord
r00ts
xD
+81|6545|Netherlands
he wasnt talking about you zulu
hehe
and elmo what about making a movie? where was that a reply on?
didnt really get that post

edit, ah i got it
you mean of the event itself, i thought for selecting yurself
anyways, back to the normal stuff

whoah, lots of smileys there....

Last edited by r00ts (2006-07-04 08:25:46)

Zulu_Soldier
+15|6513
  That makes me sad.
- karma.......... just kidding lol.
Sheep of War
+40|6646
Kmarion went to the touble of creating an entirely seperate medic forum...

I suggest anyone that signed up as a medic registers there as well....we can talk a bit more openly and detailed about things.

http://www.oe-hq.com/meds/index.php

Also if you are a sniper, don't bother trying to spy because everyone has to be granted access even after they register

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-07-04 08:35:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard