Thurisaz
+0|6745
I was kicked for baseraping when I put arty on MEC helipad in sharqi. My guess is that the spawnkilling chopperwhore I killed was the admin
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6753|Cohog, RI
You cant rape the willing.  I will direct all those who complain about me rigging their vehicles with c4 at their only spawn to this thread.  Thanks superfly.
checkered_jedi
+0|6747
i think that base raping is only ok if they are trying to actually capture the base and i know its war but like sitting in a tank and just mowing down guys thats not war thats slaughter but if they are taking the base at the same time go for it mate but dont sit out side and just spawn kill
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
Yeah I agree that this is not a base raping when one team has all flags and block the other team on their main base. Also I'm not a pilot but.. I dont think that bombing US/China/Mec main base when game just started and teams are moving to capture the flags is a rape. Why? Because your team also has pilots, so you 2 can bomb your enemy or prevent it by taking down bombers. Even if the base is capturable there is no thing such a base rape with a tank. When you just driving around and kill everyone who spawn it is a tank whoring (not always). Also dont complain if the guy with his tank takes you down all the time and you keep respawn as a medic. Think first and respawn as an antitank or specops. Many times I saw ppl who r getting killed and respawn with the same class... its just wrong. Well I dont  go to the enemy base even if we have all flags. Just dont feel good about that. But also I dont complain saying STOP THIS RAPE PLZ, or so. Cuz if I'm getting raped on my own base than its a my fault and fault of my team and ppl who is blocking us just do their job cuz the reason is to take off all ur team points. Prolly next part will be offtop but I would say it. I'm on foot almost all the time. And I do respect all pilots even if I'm getting killed by them many times(AA vehicles should be more powerful or we should have more smart Stinger/IGLA). First think why do your team getting raped by other pilots and you cant do shh** even if your team has the plane or chopper? Because your team aint play as a team and someone who monopilizing a plane but cant fly getting 2-3 kills and then enemy pilots take him down. And while hes trying to learn how to fly other GOOD pilots in your team is on the ground. ALL GOOD PILOTS SHOULD FLY (infantry says). BELEAVE ME GOOD CHOPPER/PLANE PILOT COULD SAVE THE GAME. SO DONT LOOK AT YOUR TEAM PILOTS SCORE SAYING "AHH HES TAKING MY GOLD MEDAL, I MUST HAVE HIS PLANE SO HE CANT FLY". IF YOU KNOW THAT PERSON CAN FLY/DRIVE TANK BETTER THAN YOU LET HIM HAVE A PLANE/CHOPPER/TANK. Gunners: IF U CANT USE TV-Guided LET someone else 2 be a gunner. (sure I know that there is not 2 pany ppl who would do that). When the BEST pilots are flying and the BEST drivers are driving 'base rape' thing will not happend 2 often. +DONT BE A COMMANDER AND FIGHT, HOPING THAT YOUR TEAM WILL WIN AND YOU WILL GET x2 SCORE. SPOTTING THE ENEMY AS A COMMANDER WILL GIVE YOU 2 POINTS! 1 more thing IF YOU R GETTING RAPED but u wont it to be that way ...leave, but dont swith the teams! and KILL YOUR ex.teammates.
Prolly sumptin that I said is wrong or offtop, sry abut that. Just tired of crying.
P.S. Only thing that I consider as a base rape is wher you r playing with 20 ppl against 30 and getting raped. THIS IS A ONLY EXAMPLE OF THE BASE RAPE, OTHERWAYS( if teams r even) ITS YOUR AND YOUR TEAM FAULT.
Sry dont take it as a rule its just my personal opinion
CreepingDeath
+1|6746
I disagree on both sides here about base raping.
Amazing but possible.  For one I can't stand and hate a chicken @$$ freak, that right from the begining of a game, heads straight to the airfield, bombing all the jets , going bacfk to their own airbase getting reloaded and being back, just as the next bash of jets respawn . A TOTALY CHEAP, STAT PADDING MONUVER sissy move.
We all know how well the AA guns suck against a jet or at times even a attack chopper.
  But going into a base even a uncappable base with a APC a TANK or a squad. I think is okay. Since almost everybase any char has the chance to blow anything up that comes in, which goes back to teamwork and squads working together.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6776|NRW,Germany
I love these server rules. Think those servers will become my new favorite.
http://sweb.cz/janchochol/trans.txt
someone25
+1|6750
from my point of view - the topic poster is exactly right....

but ea should/could make a "very small" (i mean very small! - maybe 5x5 meters) safe area around spawn points in the locked bases.
i mean - so that no enemy can insert that area (shooting in and shooting must be allowed!) but its very unfair! if there are claymores all around right in the spawnpoint, or you dont get the time even pick up your weapon - becouse that 20mm barrell is right in front of you - only half an inch away from your face...  - funny
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
Its a fine line I will admit but taking a tank into a spawn Area and blowing Empty Vehicles and killing people as they Apear ? There are a lot of spawn sites that have a few areas where you Apear and its easy to keep them all coverd. a tanker will sit there and spawn kill for 5 minutes or so. These guys usually have the Highest kills. Did any one think it was cool to take a tank into a repair hanger in ( Early versions ) BF42 and just blow all the planes with impunity for the entire game? It ruined it for both sides. there was no one to fight. We all thought those people must have been Frustrated at best. Its not WAR its a game. we want To play THE GAME also. Some People think they are doing more than clicking on a mouse button.

I thought the Universal RED Circle with the line thru it would have cleard that up geuss not tho
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6776|NRW,Germany
Just read an interesting column on a german BF2 page (http://www.battlefield2.info/main.php?f … mp;nid=476). I think the only reason why there are baserapes afterall is because of the stats.
Think about it. In BF42 there were no stats afterall and how often did you hear anyone complain about baserapes?

I don´t really care about my stats afterall, but I hate it when I try to play and end up being caught in the main base killed over and over again witout any chance to even move 10m or fire a single shot.
smefeman
+0|6751
i think that spawn camping is strategic *just like half of the other people responding to this thread*

yes, i admit that it sucks to be on the recieving end of the rapeage, but if whatever, if YOU have a problem with it leave and go join another server, no one is stopping you
SMKpaladin
+0|6743|Germany
Well as in superfly_cox's example I agree, this is not base raping, this is as he said the goal of the game.

BUT only if it's the last flag, so camping with a jackhammer or DAO-12 in an enemy base and waiting for the enemy player model to respawn (and of course knowing exactly where they respawn), when the "fight" is going on at 6 other flags, where every team owns 3 flags IS base raping, especially when the flag can't be taken. AND especially when you are camping with your tank in range of a flag without even trying to take that flag and of course you are the only one, so you can't say it's just suppressing fire.
It's one thing to fly with your chopper to the enemy base, detroy what you want, kill everthing that moves, but after that, get back to the front and stop the spawn camping.
FUTOOYABUM
+0|6744
I agree with no such thing as base rapeing. THIS IS WAR!!! Hitler had no problem with taking Stalingrad. My beef is with the admin who are on clans that play on that server. I have seen so many times people get kicked for base rape when the admin allow there own team members to do it. That is total bullshit. If it's posted in the rules of the map then play the rules. if not then rape away. I hate pussy ass admin. other than that all is fair in love and in this case, WAR.[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/FUTOOYABUM/iam.jpg[/img]
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755
What about on a map like Sharqi, and you are denying them their chopper?

I have had admins threaten me on this issue, there are 2 other spawn points that are perfectly fine to spawn in. I killed probably a couple guys 4 times and then got warned to stop. Which I think is complete BS, if you are stupid enough to spawn there over and over, then you deserve to die, especially when they fight back and fire the vodniks, igla, and anti-tank, and m95 at you.

Would this be fair if you were in a tank and hitting that same flag? Sure its uncapturable but it has valuable enemy assets.

part of the reason is most certainly stats, the other being in my opinion people like to win and get amazing scores to.

And if you are tying up 4 people at an uncap flag, that means there are 4 people not caping flags or moving about killing your teammates.

the best way to stop base raping is to use teamwork and use the squads. 4 guys in a squad could all spawn at the same time, using chat or voip and go anti-tank, and fire their missiles roughly at the same time. I don't care who you are, but a helo, even a BH will have trouble killing all of you before you fire off the missiles. and dodging 4 missiles will be very difficult.

Now if a large % or most of the enemy team is in your base, then welcome to the suck. suck it up, most of the uncap spawns are out of the way of the main flags anyhow. my suggestion would be to implement spawns farther away from the flag or multiple spawn points for each flag(like sharqis first cap flag on the west, 3 points to select to spawn at.

Fighting against baseraping is an impossible battle. Nobody will be able to make a plugin to stop it, and there is no reasonable way to enforce it 100% of the time.  One time a team might have 50 points left and the other team has 150, base raping might be their best bet on getting that down more to their level.

{edit} I just got warned by another admin on a server that promotes squads(I love these types of servers). Anyhow I killed him in his base, and he was the commander. You have to admit thats a strategic move since it denies their team from getting support for 15s. EA needs to do something about rules they allow on Ranked Servers. Right now it seems like a free for all.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-11-13 07:53:42)

8ball
+1|6742
when there are no other places to spawn,
helis, jets and tanks can really get on ur nerves while camping

the only simple answer i see to this problem,
is to incorporate spawn armour like in BHD
5 secs is long enough to do something about campers
and, same as BHD, it also runs out when u fire ur 1st round
BradLikesWaffles
+0|6761
Regarding first post, completely agree, 100 %. The only time this annoys me is when its a tank waiting by the alleyway on Karkand, cos u cant get out to have a shot at the tank with the anti-tank kit, but any other place i agree with what ure saying
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

if a tank is spawn raping a flag that you want to spwan at, its not that hard to kill him!  you may die a couple of times but it is damn near impossible to kill a skilled anti-tanker without him getting a hit on you...  afterall, when you respawn you have the element of surprise because you know where he is.  very rarely will the game spawn you exactly in his line of site if there's only one tank raping the flag.

those that complain about tanks camping are just lazy and don't feel like changing their kit.  besides, the best method to baserape is with airplanes...damn those plane whores are effective!
Michael82
+4|6783|Copenhagen, Denmark
Superfly i must admit. I STRONGLY agree with you, even though i can find it really annoying to find someone sitting in your fixed spawn when they still can take other flags. The best part is killing that person though... so rewarding .

But i've been called a camper when i was trying to kill people at the central flag on Karkand. (one with the small garden). They called me a basecamper?!?!? Gees spawn somewhere else (they had 3 other spawns). What schmucks.

Personally i grow horns unlike any seen before, when i get my MEC chopper (on Golf of Oman especially), have my buddy gunner (he's getting very good ) and camp the carrier... DAMN i rake in teampoint
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
I used to thing spawn camping was bullshit.  Then I realized: the only time my team gets spawn camped is when we don't have someone in armor to kill the spawncampers.  If the enemy tank is too busy trying to keep from getting killed by your tank, then they can't really spawncamp.
As for base raping, I won't attack an uncappable base unless its the only one left.  If we've backed the enemy up so that they only have their uncappable base left, I will "rape" it all day long.  I'm not gonna give the enemy a chance to take back one of the other flags.
aketchupbottle
+0|6752
yeah base raping is allowed, if it wasn't u wouldn't be able to do it in the game

i'm all for baseraping
HG_TheTank
+2|6767
So the absense of a stated rule against base raping means it is allowed?
Some people will twist shit anywitchway they can to justify their lame asses.
It is a GAME ffs! It was when you bought it, it was when you installed it, it was when you registered and it is when you play.

No wonder there are stupid ass warning labels on all kinds of stuff after listening to some people here!
'Well it did not say I should not put the welding tourch up my ass so that means the manufacturer thinks it is ok...'
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6740|San Diego

8ball wrote:

when there are no other places to spawn,
helis, jets and tanks can really get on ur nerves while camping

the only simple answer i see to this problem,
is to incorporate spawn armour like in BHD
5 secs is long enough to do something about campers
and, same as BHD, it also runs out when u fire ur 1st round
Exactly....glad to see some sense and to see an ex BHD player.

Ok,  people who are claiming base raping is war and whining about getting base raped need to just stop playing the game for a while and relax.

Wow...a frenzy of people claiming BF2 = war.....wow thats quite an analogy. (sarcasm)

Nobody always wins,  and nobody always loses,  we all have good days and bad days.  sides,

Why do people base rape?  Because it feels good to kill someone in the GAME.  Nobody wants to die.

If you are getting base raped,  SPAWN on that base,  do not retreat,  and give them all you got,  no matter what way you do it,  use n00b tube,  point blank range m203,  anything.  Make a stand instead of being chicken and worry about dying and spawning on the next point.  Thats how the russians beat the nazi's in stalingrad,  they were baseraped and the russians kicked them out. 

Set booby traps if you have to retreat,  such as putting claymores and C4 while you retreat.

If you are getting baseraped on an uncapturable base....easy....let them come towards you,  guard all entrances and kill them.
Michael82
+4|6783|Copenhagen, Denmark

Ogopogo15 wrote:

Thats how the russians beat the nazi's in stalingrad,  they were baseraped and the russians kicked them out.
HAHAHA what a comparison
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

Michael82 wrote:

Ogopogo15 wrote:

Thats how the russians beat the nazi's in stalingrad,  they were baseraped and the russians kicked them out.
HAHAHA what a comparison
well, not quite. If I remember correctly, we were inside the city ( i.e. base ) and the russians spawn-raped the hell out of us while we couldn't get out, had no supplies and no ammo. the whole 6th army was eventually trapped and either killed or captured. it was a massacre.

no respawning, btw...
ArmedPartisan
+3|6747
Yes! In Sharqi deny chopper.

On carrier mow them down with blackhawk.

On any airfield, terrorize them with tanks.

Deny them air, oxygen and life. KILL KILL KILL

Rape is total. Quitters never win.
doxy
+74|6792|Nevis

Tigg@lot wrote:

Just read an interesting column on a german BF2 page (http://www.battlefield2.info/main.php?f … mp;nid=476). I think the only reason why there are baserapes afterall is because of the stats.
Think about it. In BF42 there were no stats afterall and how often did you hear anyone complain about baserapes?

I don´t really care about my stats afterall, but I hate it when I try to play and end up being caught in the main base killed over and over again witout any chance to even move 10m or fire a single shot.
i don't think so, take gta for example, singleplayer with stats. i use my bf2 stats, like i used them there, they just document my online gaming, nothing more, nothing less. it's like most stuff all over the world, it is depending on the way, u use it. the individual could make a difference. if someone uses his stats for some extrovert reason, he uses a baserape to push his stats, some do it for fun, some for both.

//EDIT
but in general i am with the article, and think that there some lines that shouldn't be crossed, like uncapable base rapings, sure probably they have lost the game, or the just get no chance to enter the map. why is there the possibility to get a defend order from ur leader/command? on the other hand, its always a challenge!

Last edited by doxy (2005-11-15 03:35:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard