duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6810|Cheshire, UK
You may or may not have heard about a challenge laid down to all snipers but it seems they have taken it up, and so was born the Medic vs Sniper competition.

I could post all the details here but I just spent all morning making a page to tell people all about it, so you'll have to read that instead. To save the eyes of people who are completely addicted to the BF2S forums I've shamelessly plagorized this site for the style (only seemed appropriate as the challenge was laid down here).

http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/

I'll be updating that page as and when new info comes along and posting here for important news.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-01 05:31:22)

Entertayner
+826|6541

Looking good mate, alraedy signed up
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6617
good job signing up now
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
Good stuff! signed up. Entertainer will be the first to go 'ZOMG NO WAI CAN AN AK BE THAT ACCURATE' ' tis a shame you're not with the real players man

By the way duffry, spelling mistake in the second line, "ina"

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-07-01 05:55:02)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6810|Cheshire, UK
Thanks, fixed.

Apologies to all who signed up before I added the X-Fire feature, could you few sign up again please?
I added this as a precaution against dumbasses adding bogus entries. I'll be putting on the list of people in each team shortly and would like people to let me know if they think that entry is bogus.

Thanks
l41e
+677|6619

Signed up on the sniper team, although medics will probably win.

Why?

"CLEAR!" "CLEAR!" "CLEAR!" "CLEAR!"

Oh and depending on the date I might not be there.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-01 06:00:02)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
I say we play out the kits' true abilites.. if we try to balance out the kits then what is the point of this competition? It's to see wich kit is the best, so I say we let both classes do whatever they damn well like.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Entertayner
+826|6541

The kits are both specialized in one way, hence they are different kits so obviously you will win on a city map (probably anyway, ya never know) and we should win on whatever other map as long as its fair and like one city map + a map like or dragon...
Defiance
+438|6641

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

The kits are both specialized in one way, hence they are different kits so obviously you will win on a city map (probably anyway, ya never know) and we should win on whatever other map as long as its fair and like one city map + a map like or dragon...
I voted for Dragon and FuShe, I think snipers are going to get caned either way.

All you need is this: 2 medics. First one to be a claymore meatbag and the second to res him. From there, youd need a fairly good sniper to take out a medic at close range.

But it can be done.

You know what I find ironic?

908741059871059781's message under his user name is "Sheep of War." 908741059871059781 was the bf2s member to start the medics vs snipers thread.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-01 06:16:27)

Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Im going with Medics on this one..
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544
Looks good. Have signed up on the medic side, but tbh I think the snipers will win.
Entertayner
+826|6541

yay a supporter for the snipers!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Defiance wrote:

908741059871059781's message under his user name is "Sheep of War." 908741059871059781 was the bf2s member to start the medics vs snipers thread.
I'M CONFUSED!!
Mustang99
+9|6494
sighned up just try to make the date between the 17 of july and 22july for US but i cant do b4 then or between july22 and for 2 weeks after that (give take a few days)
tupla_s
+455|6563|Finland
Signed for sniper

I might not be there depending on the date though
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6551|England
signed up should be freat fun
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Were do I add my XFire ID?!?!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
do we have to have xfire? that sucks a bit really...

BTW, the top bit should say Medics Vs. Snipers, not Medics V's Snipers

just being picky...

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-07-01 06:42:13)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Wait, I was going through the rules and it said you're allowed to pick up an enemy's kit? Is that correct? So Say the snipers could bring down a lone medic, get someone to get his kit, and then start hea;ing/reviving his own team?
FFLink
There is.
that wud ruin the whole point of the game tho
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6810|Cheshire, UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wait, I was going through the rules and it said you're allowed to pick up an enemy's kit? Is that correct? So Say the snipers could bring down a lone medic, get someone to get his kit, and then start hea;ing/reviving his own team?
Yes, that is correct an the converse is true as well.
Likewise I would not punish a player who was revived with the wrong kit.
Only players who spawn with the wrong kit.

FFLink13 wrote:

No, no it wouldn't.
Players making excessive use of the other teams kits will be warned and may be penalised.

I've added the recruit names. I've not done anything too fancy as far as validation goes so please report anything that looks wrong.
Ta.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-01 06:56:03)

sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6619|United Kingdom
ive just signed up, should be good fun.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

duffry wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yes, that is correct an the converse is true as well.
Likewise I would not punish a player who was revived with the wrong kit.
Only players who spawn with the wrong kit.

FFLink13 wrote:

No, no it wouldn't.
Players making excessive use of the other teams kits will be warned and may be penalised.

I've added the recruit names. I've not done anything too fancy as far as validation goes so please report anything that looks wrong.
Ta.
Ah, ok, I see where you're coming from, you can't grab a medkit and run in the back healing/reviving your snipers, or start counter-sniping, but if you get revived with a sniper kit or see 5 of your sniper buddies go down you can revive them and then find a sniper kit.

Another note, will commanders be admining like last time, or does each side need to find a commander sometime before the match?
FFLink
There is.
ok, for the xfire field i put:

"i dont have xfire, but if i need to get it jsut pm on bf2s.com or summut"
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6810|Cheshire, UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Another note, will commanders be admining like last time, or does each side need to find a commander sometime before the match?
Commanders are permitted within the teams, admins will be playing as spectators (spawn once, suicide and follow the team).

FFLink13 wrote:

ok, for the xfire field i put:

"i dont have xfire, but if i need to get it jsut pm on bf2s.com or summut"
OK, x-fire is required for all who want to play.

I would rather it weren't but I felt it the best way to:
a, get hold of people to let them know details (push method rather than pull)
b, have another way of ensuring that recruits are genuine

I'll remove that row, if you could sign up again please FFLink13.
I'll be removing other rows that are clearly bogus.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-01 07:16:43)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
I signed up!

PS, there is no 'back to homepage button' once the vote has been submitted

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard